The Wonderful 101 - from Platinum - directed by Hideki Kamiya

hub2

How do we think this is going to do?

About aswell as all the other vibrant cartoony Kamiya games have done, I wouldn't be expecting a sequel, Nintendo aren't a charitable organisation which tolerates subpar financial performance, and this costs more than Bayonetta did.

First, Kamiya says he doesnt see any magazine previews, says stores aren't promoting the game because they don't really understand what it is. There aren't enough ads or awareness he says its not a cheap game to make either, he estimates that in terms of manpower and resources, they spent 1.5 times what they did on Bayonetta 1*. He says in terms of "no one really gets the game, so there isnt a lot of hype" its similar to Okami**

It's absolutely fantastic. Charming, hilarious, beautiful and a shitload of fun to play. Chaotic and confusing, yes, but once things start to "click", it's magnificent. It really is Pikmin meets Viewtiful Joe.

Hard as nails, though. And battling tanks is annoying. But oh so good.

For those wanting to download this: watch out, it's a TEN gigs download.

Oh man. You lucky son of a gun. :)

I've had this pre-ordered since those gifs first started appearing. It looks absolutely batshit, glad to hear it's tough too, like I expected anything less than Platinum.It won't sell for toffee but I'm sure it'll review well based on early opinions.

Any idea how long the game is?

I've had this pre-ordered since those gifs first started appearing. It looks absolutely batshit, glad to hear it's tough too, like I expected anything less than Platinum.It won't sell for toffee but I'm sure it'll review well based on early opinions.

Any idea how long the game is?

Around 15 hours on a first run, give or take.

How do we think this is going to do?

When I see footage I'm like "anyone who sees this is going to want to play/buy a console to play this, so vibrantly videogamey".

But I'm increasingly aware that what I think looks amazing is massively at odds to what most other people think.

Can't justify buying a Wii U just for it :( I think it looks amazing.

Can't justify buying a Wii U just for it :( I think it looks amazing.

Me neither, but it does look good. Maybe when the Monolith Soft sequel to Xenoblade (or whatever it'll be if it's not a direct sequel) comes out, I can justify it. I did buy a Wii pretty much just for Xenoblade Chronicles to be fair.

To Rudderless - No, it makes sense for the type of game it is I was just hoping I didn't have to invest in more peripherals to play this with more people. I do have one of the Pro controllers so I can still test it out in two-player but it would have been fun with more people.

That's entirely fair comment. I slightly disagree with Spainkiller on the Pikmin comparisons, btw. Beyond the fact that you're controlling a bunch of little dudes, the two are very different in approach, tone, controls etc. It's much more reminiscent of VJ.

What's the hardest difficulty from the start? Do more unlock?

You know what I love about Platinum games? They'll have you take on threats that make you go "how the FUCK am I ever supposed to defeat that!?" and then you get absolutely murdered...

That's what most people hate about Platinum games, evidently.