rllmuk
hub2

The Wonderful 101 - from Platinum - directed by Hideki Kamiya

Another switch backer who woke up to an email with a Steam code!

I don’t have a PC. Anyone want to buy it?

Astral Chain is fantastic. It's their most polished game I've played. 

• Upvote 1

Disappointed that it's not getting released on the Bone, but I'll buy it on the Switch to support Platinum in the hopes of seeing Vanquish 2 (I'm very optimistic and have a lot of other games to play in the meantime so I can wait)

OOOOOH MYYYY GOOOOOD I just started playing this today and it's been so long since I've played something so amazing :wub:

I have no idea how combos work and am reticent to watch a video, but I love just being utterly bewildered and overwhelmed by the onscreen action :D

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Hello, I backed the kickstarter for this (first one I have backed) and got a note through the door this morning to say there is a £15 customs charge I need to pay before it can be delivered. I am a bit surprised because I thought that goods worth less than £135 are not subject to customs duty. Is this the case for everyone else and have I misunderstood the rules? I don't think I have bought a game from outside the EU since the days of the Nintendo DS and don't remember ever having to pay a customs charge before, so I don't have much experience of this.

EDIT: ah ok, I've logged on to the Royal Mail site and the charge isn't for customs duty, it's for import VAT, plus a massive 'handling fee' which is larger than the VAT charge. Presumably the shops I bought from in the past (Play Asia etc.) included the VAT cost in the price I paid and took care of it for me.

Kicking myself that I didn't ask for a digital copy when backing now, but you live and learn. That's on the assumption that digital goods supplied from outside the EU aren't also subject to import VAT same as physical goods... would be good to know if that's the case?

Edited by gratuitous sax
update

I got hit with this too. Looks like games were shipped from the US even when you ordered the PAL version. People are kicking off on the Kickstarter update page as it looks like everyone in the UK is getting hit.

I won’t be paying the fee, they can send it back. I’ll also be complaining in a month’s time that I don’t have my game.

Thanks, good to know this wasn't just me being dense.

Various news sites have now picked up the story (including Eurogamer) so I think I'll hold fire on paying the charge and wait and see how this pans out. I'm not holding my breath though. 

I can see from the FAQ section on the Kickstarter page that they did add a warning that physical copies would be shipped from the US and that backers would be responsible for local customs/VAT charges on 12th Feb. This was before the campaign closed but after most backers, including me, had already made their pledge. It is pretty poor for Platinum not to have sent an email drawing this to the attention of backers who they knew had ordered physical copies from outside the US before this information had been made available. 

I started playing this today. I mean, it seems fun but I have one question :

what the fuck is going on

18 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I started playing this today. I mean, it seems fun but I have one question :

what the fuck is going on

Epicness. That is what is going on.

Learn it and you will love it.

41 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

Epicness. That is what is going on.

Learn it and you will love it.

Chucks you in at the deep end and the controls are rather clunky, I thought.

Like a good game of 8-player Smash Bros., it takes a bit of getting used to. But once you 'see the Matrix', it becomes stupidly satisfying. 

• Upvote 1