IGNORED

The Wonderful 101 - from Platinum - directed by Hideki Kamiya

hub2

Play on Easy. Don't even think about practicing any other morphs until hand and sword are mastered with the right stick.

Spam climb attack (X) on everything that has no armour to eventually stun it. Learn how to remove the armour using Guts or whatever.

You shouldn't look at the pad, you should look onscreen and see what the unite line is doing.

You could draw a circle but you've circled some civs for example and you won't get unite hand, you'll rescue the civs as a priority. If you're watching the screen and the unite line is black or rainbow coloured you'll revert to your previous unite when you activate. the circle needs to red onscreen to get unite hand.

As for deflecting shots, yea you only get a couple of seconds so there is some timing but if you watch how things attack you'll notice audio and visual cues of what is going to happen and it's just a case of getting the timing down.

What difficulty are you playing on? It may be better to drop to easy until you get up to speed.

I am doing 360+A with the right stick. I get a sword, usually.

If I do it with X then either nothing happens, or if I already have gun or sword I get another guy turn into a fist and start running round.

Strangely, if I start a level I can do Unite Hand immediately. It's only once I've done Unite Sword once I can no longer do Hand any more.

Play on Easy. Don't even think about practicing any other morphs until hand and sword are mastered with the right stick.

Spam climb attack (X) on everything that has no armour to eventually stun it. Learn how to remove the armour using Guts or whatever.

I've tried it on easy. I've mastered drawing the shapes . I can draw them correctly every single time. It just WILL NOT change to Hand. The circle is red. I press A and it turns to a sword.

You shouldn't look at the pad, you should look onscreen and see what the unite line is doing.

You could draw a circle but you've circled some civs for example and you won't get unite hand, you'll rescue the civs as a priority. If you're watching the screen and the unite line is black or rainbow coloured you'll revert to your previous unite when you activate. the circle needs to red onscreen to get unite hand.

It is red, on the screen and the pad :(

Anyway, I'm deleting the game now and will redownload it.

Not sure what to suggest about this but I don't think it would be something wrong with the download.

Have you possibly changed some setting, controls or anything that might make a difference?

During the draw QTEs you can draw unite hand okay, right? It's only when you're playing the game?

Only when playing the game. In the QTEs it works fine.

And, as I said, at the start of a level it's fine. Once I've done one sword, pretty much every hand is then a sword. Which makes the "grab and twist" bits fucking annoying as I try over and over and over, eventually randomly getting it.

I had some issues getting the hang glider to work when I was playing this over the weekend. I drew a triangle as prompted and no matter if it was black or rainbow coloured, pressing the button would just activate the current leader's unite morph.

As with deKay, I had to resort to random button mashing to get it to work. The most irritating thing was that it was after a set of unite jumps, which added to the frustration. Jump, jump, jump, jump, draw triangle, fist. Sword. Fist. Hammer. Die.

Repeat.

I've had a few times when it's done whip instead of hammer, but after watching that video I am sure it's because I've been drawing it horizontally rather than vertically.

DeKay, did you change any of you team leads? I think you can set who your leads are (you can set any hand wonderful one to be your lead, not just wonder red afaik) and maybe this affected it somehow.

It seems very strange, I've never heard this problem mentioned in everything I've read about it.

Hopefully a new DL and save will sort it out.

With regard to drawing the glider, it only appears with a rainbow colour. if the line goes black it won't work. You also have to be in the air to get it started, so you should jump once its made.

Everyone should use the loading screen to practice their drawing, go from one shape to another and any you have sticking points with you should draw other and over.

Like a lot of things in this game there is a skill to drawing, its not something you are fluid at straight away. With some practice to start to get used to it and before you know it you're drawing all sorts with rapid precision!

And remember, if you know you've fluffed up the drawing process, cancel with Y before it completes. Saves precious time when you're in the thick of it.

That said, your sword for fist issue sounds very odd. Can you not take a vid of you drawing it? :huh:

They key to drawing the triangle is to go from a line to 12, to 3, then to 10. At least until you get used to it.

I had no problem drawing the triangle or making the glider. I just couldn't make it fly :)

As I said - I'm not having any trouble drawing the shapes. I draw them fine. It recognises I want a circle by making the line red. I press A and get a sword.

FWIW I had no such issue in the demo.