The Wonderful 101 - from Platinum - directed by Hideki Kamiya

hub2

On Operation 001-B I've

found the kahkoo level, which is pretty well hidden, but once I've done it I can't get back out of the back street where it is into the main part of the level again.

Anyone know what I need to do?

okay, there's two possible answers to this. If you do it straight after mission 4 then you just jump off the building, do the kahkoo mission, and then draw a line up the building to get back. You can do it after mission 6 or 7 but to get back there I had to use the rocket move to get up the buildings, and there was a major glitch with the bombardment restarting but there being nothing to kill to stop it when I tried that.

Just finished this. It kept gong and going!!

I finished with 24 hours on the clock. Tbh I think they could have halved the game and it still would have been okay, it's designed to be played multiple times and I still have tonnes to do.

Finished with 83 of the wonderful 100. god knows where the other 17 are.

Anyone know if you can only get certain wonderful members on certain difficulties? I'm surprised I missed so many, I did make an effort to have a root around levels as opposed to rushing through.

Also, one of the shops in Funan has a Panasonic Qube! Couldn't believe it!

Aye, I've spotted that. They have some cool stuff in that cabinet, not sure if any of it is for sale or not.

Unfortunately every single last video game retailer in Singapore is useless when it comes to stuff that isn't mainstream. I gave up hunting down Anarchy Reigns after four weeks and 'imported' from the UK instead. Like this has any chance of selling to anyone but the ultra-hardcore after GTAV comes out tomorrow. :facepalm:

I can't really do much more other than check their FB page every 30mins for updates.

ARGH

Went to play this last night - only to find my son has wiped my save. That's Monster Hunter, Rayman Legends and now this.

ARGH

Why would he do that!?

I haven't been back to this since finishing it at the weekend. I have ordered the Prima guide though as I was desperate for more Wonderful 101 swag.

I wanted to get another run through getting all collectibles before starting harder difficulties.

I did do the first level on hard, which was a bit of a step up. New enemy layouts and more damage means you can't be carefree otherwise you're dead.

Only had two hours on this so far before being dragged back into work, although throughout those two hours I had a big smile on my face the whole time.

Much like in MGR:R; the way Platinum Games are integrating the music to the on screen action is fantastic. I love it how the vocals kick in during the heroes theme when you're running over the top of the school bus whilst grasping the dead basics and soaking in all the sci-fi they are throwing at you. I can't believe they put so much thought into the setting, it's truly a charm to listen to. The whole dialogue and presentation really is second-to-none.

It certainly drip feeds the abilities here in the full game. You start off completely bare bones with just your main dude and the attack button (infact I don't even think you can attack until a couple of scenes in!). There should be no excuse for feeling overwhelmed with what's happening here, like perhaps a few people felt with the demo.

I can't really comment on the combat mechanics yet as I've only unlocked the Unite Guts and Unite Spring (Presented to me in the form of some dinky 16-bit era cartridges, and I was even given a receipt for my Wonderful Mart purchases!), and I've only been simply repeating the same unite morphs as I was in the demo - minus a lot of the stuff I've yet to unlock such as the launcher and stinger. Both the pudding and the spring can be purchased by anyone following the prologue as they are both super cheap. I presume the reasoning behind that being they probably didn't want the player feeling overwhelmed by so many inputs as soon as the controller is picked up, so simply locked them off until 001.

Anyway, I can't wait to play more. Playing on easy as I want to rinse this one.

Played Opperation 1-A, did all the hidden missions and got a Platinum at the end...Miiverse wasn't working so couldn't show it off :( Still, one down...

What difficulty?

Easy mode is my pacifism tour where I trawl through the game just trying to see what the enemies can do and what abilities I can perform, whilst my eyes vomit rainbows.

Normal Mode will be where I start to bring everything together, as well as finding the hidden missions.

Hard mode will be where I make an active effort to stay alive and get through encounters as fast as possible - plenty of retries during missions here.

101% Hard mode will be the PP run, hopefully before Bayonetta 2 hits.

This just gets better and better. The bosses are absolutely insane, possibly some of the best in the entire history of gaming.

Can't wait to start working my way through on hard. I always consider the normal playthrough as training for the main event in Platinum games. Bayonetta and Vanquish were pretty good on normal; on hard they were completely amazing.

I really should make the time to go back to Rising too.

What difficulty?

Normal. There is no way I'll be doing any PP runs, the thought of having to play without taking any damage at all bores me since I like the 'Oh no you didn't' moments of fights - happy to have a few gold medals along the way as long as that Platinum trophy is waiting at the end. Gonna dip into certain missions to collect up some of my missing manz next and unlock some bottlecaps. There's no rush tho.