IGNORED

The Wonderful 101 - from Platinum - directed by Hideki Kamiya

hub2

Seriously, how are more people not completely raving about this game? It is absolutely fantastic!

15 hours in now and I've only just finished operation 4 because I just can't help but go back and play previous levels. It's just sooooo much fun!

This game has everything! Amazingly combat system, looks great, funny and entertaining, INSANE boss battles, loads and LOADS to do and is completely original!

It's blowing my mind right now!

I was confused about the builds so had a flick through the online manual and it seems to suggest you can play it up to 5P co-op on the one machine with each person controlling different 'wonderfuls' (or whatever they're called) has anyone tried it yet?

It is a very good game though. No one will buy it :(

That's what I assumed but TBH I wouldn't buy them based on recommendations, I would look at where you struggle and buy based on that.

Also remember you can mix the crystal vegetables to earn Credit Cards and get a choice of ANY items. I used this to get some of the more expensive stuff quicker.

That's what I assumed but TBH I wouldn't buy them based on recommendations, I would look at where you struggle and buy based on that.

Also remember you can mix the crystal vegetables to earn Credit Cards and get a choice of ANY items. I used this to get some of the more expensive stuff quicker.

I did wonder what that card was that you get from mixing the maximum of all ingredients- cheers!! Should have enough, I've only mixed a small wonderful soup so far.

When you're mixing ingredients, can you actually shake the wii u tablet or is it just a matter of pressing whatever button it was? I tried to shake it but nothing seemed to happen.

My main critising point was that you don't start with the block or dodge move from the outset.

I think not starting with one of these makes for a very frustrating opening to the game, which I worry will put people off. It's very, VERY hard to deal with some attacks of the AI without these moves

The first time I played the first level took me 45 mins and I died 8 times. I bought those two skills, played the mission again and got 17 mins and 0 deaths.

I would advise anyone who gets this to buy the block (it's the cheapest at 3000) as soon as posible.

We really should learn that when first playing a Platinum game, play on Easy. Since VJ, Kamiya uses the difficulty modes just to taunt the player... Easy is 'normal' in Platinum games and I'm comfortable with that. I've started W101 on easy and it seems just right for me... By the time I'm at the end, I'll be ready for Kamiya's definition of 'Normal'

I went in on normal, and I've not found it too bad to where i am so far, just completed the first part of the third operation. The only times I've died once or twice have been either when I've been focusing on using just one tactic to win, or when I'm faced with two of the bigger enemies at once, like the two tortoises. Sometimes one of them is even off screen so I've no chance at seeing the 'tell' before they hit me with an attack.

It is the kind of game you really notice yourself improving a hell of a lot at though, when you go back to repeat previous levels. Fights that previously took around 2-3 minutes can almost be finished in seconds.

I think one problem might have been that they persisted with the touch screen for drawing, which isn't the ideal way to play IMO.

I think the game is too frantic to be constantly looking between the TV and gamepad everytime you want to draw something. I had ditched it by the end of the prologue in favour of the right stick.

This game is really big!!

On about 20 hours now and just finished Operation 6

Can anyone tell me how many operations there are?

I'm trying to force myself to keep moving forward but I'm dying to go back and play some previous levels

When you finish the game does it tell you what you're missing from each level? It would be handy to know I'm missing the Platinum coins from this level, missing 2 Wonderful team members from this level etc.

Has this not sold well then?

Comparatively of course, I know the WIiU hasn't sold but has it sold to the few of us that have a WiiU? Someone mentioned it had bombed in another thread and it makes me despair about the public at large.

Opened with something like 5k sales in Japan which is a complete disaster. No idea of figures from Europe, but based on the fact I tried to buy it launch day and couldnt find it in Tesco, Asda, Toys R Us, Currys or PC World I doubt it will have sold well. In fact the WiiU has pretty much disappeared from all of those.

I also havent seen a single advert for the game in any media which I doubt helped.

Thankfully the game is awesome and I trusted my experience with the demo rather than listen to most of the reviews for this amazing game!

On Operation 001-B I've

found the kahkoo level, which is pretty well hidden, but once I've done it I can't get back out of the back street where it is into the main part of the level again.

Anyone know what I need to do?

okay, there's two possible answers to this. If you do it straight after mission 4 then you just jump off the building, do the kahkoo mission, and then draw a line up the building to get back. You can do it after mission 6 or 7 but to get back there I had to use the rocket move to get up the buildings, and there was a major glitch with the bombardment restarting but there being nothing to kill to stop it when I tried that.