The Wonderful 101 - from Platinum - directed by Hideki Kamiya

hub2

Whereas with amazon I'll wake up friday and impatiently wait for the postman who never comes, and then I'll do the same on saturday, and then on sunday and bank holiday monday and possibly even then tuesday I'll just sulk and sulk and sulk while refusing to read rllmuk because it'll break my withered little heart each time I see this thread return to the top of the pile.

At least you don't have to wait another three fucking weeks.

Postman just came but no Wonderful 101. Then I realised I haven't even had a dispatch email. From Amazon, more fool me.

Right, so NOW it's been dispatched. Excited!

Sorry if this has been answered already - can you play it off-tv?

Yes, it supports Gamepad only play.

I'm really enjoying this! Took a while for the controls to click. And for me to figure out how to switch to the CC-Pro. And for me not to cry at the reeming i was getting until i unlocked the evade and block skills (odd design choice). Great fun now though.

Good grief!

I just played through the first level. I did more during that than in many entire games I have played, and even though I was confused throughout, I loved every single second of it. Including, but not exclusively limited to,

punching a bus at a spaceship

. At one point, I seemingly unlocked

this professor dude

, which was cool because I had no idea you could do any of that. It's insane, it's vague, and it's funny. This may be the new God Hand.

This is definitely Kamiya 'Normal' difficulty. lol!

Can someone who's completed it give me a bit of advice, cause i'm stuck and obviously missing something:

I am on the two-headed dragon boss, the section where you're fighting the two heads whilst stood on its back. Anyway, the first head is down, and the dude shouted "Unite Build", but i dunno what to do. There's a strange green light that keeps zapping the dead head's eyeball. Am i just being thick? To be honest the move-set itself is a lot to remember, never mind everything else.

For anyone interested Saur has started doing a System Breakdown of the game. Can't wait to see more of his videos.

Only got round to trying the demo yesterday and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately I thought it was September for release and don't have the money for it right now. Bah.

The game came today from Shopto (thank you) but been busy with normal life. Just about to fire it up now.

I just want to comment on the Iwata Asks that Rudderless linked to. It is indeed amazing. I've been critical of Nintendo's Wii U strategy to date but reading that just puts a big smile on my face and made me think its worth it.

And finally as for that Saur video, my god the guy is a legend. I did wonder a few weeks back if he was gonna deconstruct TW101. It'll take me about a year to learn some of those combos. Onto the game....

Yep, as always the gaming journos are way off the mark (no shit, right?). Saur's video is a solid testament to most of those people not being qualified to comment on such mediums.

It's like me reviewing a new Ferrari. I'd get in, rev like fuck in first, attempt to gear change, spin out on the first corner, climb out, and say:

"What a shit driving experience! But the car looks good. 6/10".

It'll take me about a year to learn some of those combos. Onto the game....

Nah mate, this is way more lenient than say true parrying in MGR:R. Just get the movements into muscle-memory over several minutes and you'll be sorted.