Wii U: Pikmin 3

Dr Derek Doctors

It just doesn't have that appeal in the west though does it?

I can't imagine Johnny FIFA & CoD rushing out to get a WiiU to play this. I've already got it on pre-order and am fairly certain I'll play it to absolute death (which I have a tiny horrible feeling won't take long) but I can't see it marking a turnaround - that's surely only going to be Mario Kart.

It has definitely got me looking around the house at what I could possibly sell for a Wii U.

You don't need a lot - the premium is only £199 from ASDA direct right now (check the bargains folder).

If you Flubit that, you can get about another £10 off as well.

I posted this in the main Wii U thread, but it makes sense here too given the question above:

Nintendo Wii U Releases

---

June - Game & Wario

July - Super Luigi U & Pikmin 3

August - Wonderful 101

September - Erm...

October - Wind Waker HD & Wii Party U

November - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

December - Super Mario 3D World & Wii Fit U & Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games

Early 2014 - Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, Super Smash Bros

Hmm, well all that jumps out to me there is Wind Waker, Mario Kart and maybe 3D World, and just maybe 101, if it turns out as good as it looks.

When's going to be their announcement for the next wave of games? New proper Zelda, new proper Mario and any other gems, such as a new Wave Race, F Zero or 1080, would be something I'd definitely be looking forward to.

Hmm, well all that jumps out to me there is Wind Waker, Mario Kart and maybe 3D World, and just maybe 101, if it turns out as good as it looks.

When's going to be their announcement for the next wave of games? New proper Zelda, new proper Mario and any other gems, such as a new Wave Race, F Zero or 1080, would be something I'd definitely be looking forward to.

I'd imagine that it'll be January before they announce anything definitive for next year.

A proper Zelda is going to be at least two years away, there's a proper Mario on the list and I'd be surprised if we even get one of the other three games you mentioned.

I'd imagine that it'll be January before they announce anything definitive for next year.

A proper Zelda is going to be at least two years away, there's a proper Mario on the list and I'd be surprised if we even get one of the other three games you mentioned.

Isn't 3D World similar to the 3DS version? I'm sure it'll be good, but I'm really after the next SM64/Galaxy. Whatever that might be. That's probably further away than a new Zelda though.

As for the others. Yeah we might never see those, but something along those lines would be a bonus.

I might try and hold off until I see next year's release schedule if I can then. I don't want it say there gathering dust, like my Wii did for most of its life.

Please ban those unfunny robots and their fake reviews.

I get that you don't personally find them funny John, but why should they be banned just because of that? I find plenty of stuff posted on here unfunny (that fat angry bloke for a start) but I don't think they should be banned, and wouldn't dream of asking for them to be, because plenty of others do like them.

And besides, you're wrong - they are hilarious. Pikmin Bikini Carwash.

I get that you don't personally find them funny John, but why should they be banned just because of that? I find plenty of stuff posted on here unfunny (that fat angry bloke for a start) but I don't think they should be banned because plenty of others do like them.

I wasn't being serious. But you know. Kill them.

I'm inordinately annoyed that I'm going to be away with work when this comes out. 9/10 in GamesTM this month, bloody brilliant.

I was worried it might have suffered from being in development for so long because there was something fundamentally a bit wrong with it, aside from all the nice screenshots which we've had on the go for about two years now, it was only relatively recently we've seen more on how it actually plays. I posted much the same thign before but I was worried they were trying to put some sort of daft new feature in to broaden it's appeal or something and then cocking up the fundamentals.

As I can't afford a Wii U and Pikmim 3, I thought I'd go with the next best thing and finally play Pikmin 2! Didn't realise you need a GameCube memory card to save on Wii. :-(

Also, why is there no Pikmin on 3DS? That would be so great.

There is a New Play Control version of Pikmin 2 for the Wii but as with most older Nintendo published titles it won't be cheap to get hold of.

Yeah, I think I'll order a GameCube memory card. Although that's £3 I could be putting towards a Wii U and Pikmin 3. :eyebrows: