Wii U - Tech Specs revealed - High Probability of Accuracy

mushashi

I'm being slightly facetious, it's true. Sorry, it's Friday. But read the bit I've quoted, before getting all Mr Angry.

I'm fairly certain the fundamental functionality and raison d'etre of the machine will be something that they know works fine because they've actually tried it!

All I'm saying is that they would have tried the GBA before releasing it too. But the fundamental funcionality of the machine is flawed because you can't see the bloody screen. So don't rely on Nintendo testing something to make sure it works well before releasing it. See?

Sometimes I like to imagine the people who think glancing from a TV to something in their hands would be require excessive effort as mechanical men with eyes controlled by a series of ancient, rusted cogs and pulleys where even the slightest adjustment takes several minutes and an incredible amount of energy.

I think people are imagining controlling their own, actual head with an analogue stick, like they do when freaks who use inverted controls for FPS try to rationalise their madness with talk of poles attached to the back of someone's head and whatnot. To look forward, they have to grab a big pole and lift it waaay up - how tiring!

I think people are imagining controlling their own, actual head with an analogue stick, like they do when freaks who use inverted controls for FPS try to rationalise their madness with talk of poles attached to the back of someone's head and whatnot. To look forward, they have to grab a big pole and lift it waaay up - how tiring!

It's the inverted/not inverted debate! Dear Lord No! THE DOCTOR SAID THE PILLS WOULD MAKE IT GO AWAY! :wacko:

Something happened a year or so ago which means I moved from only ever being able to play inverted to not being able to use inverted controls at all... I reckon it was touch screen aiming on the DS combined with using the pointer on the wii. Totally rewired my brain

So I've held a Wii U Game Pad or whatever it's called, and it's great, much lighter than you expect and feels like it'll be very comfortable. Shame the actual dev kit wasn't fired up yet.

I don't like the sound of it being light. Controllers need a bit of weight about them.

It's around 500 grams. I wouldn't worry about it being too light. People probably just expect it to weigh a ton and they're suprised so they say it's light.

Get something out of the cupboard like a pack of spaghetti and hold it like you would a controller (make sure nobody sees you doing this, especially if your making your fingers go like they're on the triggers and holding it up to see how it would feel as a handheld)

Clippa, if it's heavier than the Vita you aren't going to be able to lift it with your noodle arms.

I think I got you mixed up with someone else. :doh:

I lose track sometimes of the people who just post negative shit in Nintendo threads.

Oh, I dunno. I have posted some pretty scathing views about the Wii controller and the direction they took with Skyward Sword, but after E3 I saw a glimmer of something cool with the WiiU.

I'm not totally convinced yet, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on it and I really do hope it's a return to form for them. (please don't anyone start posting how wrong I am about the Wii by giving me sales figures!)

To be honest I've got no real allegiance to any console manufacturer. I want them all to do well and I want them all to push each other to forward the medium. That way, we'll all be winners.

I do worry that unless they get a solid start that decent third party support will dry up once MS and Sony announce their next gen beasts though, but again I'm hoping they do better this time around, mainly to see how other devs will find innovative uses for that tablet.

Anyway, yeah, I just hope the controllers got a bit of solidity about it. But I could always Sellotape some weights to it if not.

Yea what I meant was is from what I was expecting, it's pleasantly lighter and it's a good weight, I can see it being comfortable to use for hours. Now they just need to plug this dev kit in and let me see the screen in action...