IGNORED

LEGO Lord of the Rings - It has voices...

tnman

Now I usually get all over a new LEGO title, but I have been left seriously underwhelmed by this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxuGSFYm1ls[/media]

1) LEGO games should be funny. Traveller's Tales are above burp jokes as the main gag for a trailer.

2) LEGO games should be cute. Voice acting ripped from the film is not cute... it's just the film.

Damn it...

No thanks. If Star Wars and Indiana Jones could get their plots across without speech then this should be possible for LotR. This looks like a shot-for-shot remake of the films in the medium of Lego, with a few crude jokes thrown in.

Contrast with this:

It looks fine to me and the boy and that's what counts. Remember that Lego is aimed at "kids" and therefore has burp jokes and wacky antics rather than blood and guts.

Yup, exactly. Kids (and I) find bums, poo, farts, burps and wee inherently funny. And I don't see that using the voices from the films limits them, if anything I think having stupidity playing against seriousness will make it funnier.

• 2 months later...

The good thing about having voiced Lego games is that younger gamers, who can't read yet, can play it. The Lego games are perfect for that age. My 3y.o. loves watching the cutscenes in games where there are proper voices. It's like a mini cartoon for him to watch between the action.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what the deal is with the delay for PC digital releases? Amazon, Shopto etc all say it's out on consoles and PC disc today, and I pre-purchased from GMG, but they said it's been delayed without any ETA, and Steam doesn't have it listed.

Been playing this all day simply the best lego yet and possibly the best lotr movie tie in yet as we'll the game perfectly captures lotr as well as adding enough humor to keep it lego. The open world is fantastic and again fully captures middle earth perfectly if abit smaller scale

Been playing this all day simply the best lego yet and possibly the best lotr movie tie in yet as we'll the game perfectly captures lotr as well as adding enough humor to keep it lego. The open world is fantastic and again fully captures middle earth perfectly if abit smaller scale

Couldn't agree more, from the few hours i've played its absolute magic.