Euro 2012: The Thread

El Pibe

In case anyone was wondering, an approximate translation:

Nasri to a journalist: "You're always looking to write shit about us. Go fuck yourself, go fuck your mother, son of a whore. That way you can say that I'm badly raised [mannered?]. Come on, let's sort this out outside [well, "over there", actually]."

Seeing France last night told me we (England) gave them too much respect. What a boring game, and what a boring team Spain are as well. Martinez explaining their style away as "They just want to be the best team on the pitch, they don't want to score 2, 3, 4 goals" sums it up for me. Not my cup of tea thanks, not my kind of viewing.

If you've got that talent, that technical ability, that skill - then please have some Ian Holloway/Kevin Keegan equivalent spaniard getting you to bomb forward and make things exciting please.

Today's the day! Come on England!

Have we had the customary discussion on songs yet?

World in Motion, Three Lions (96), or Vindaloo?

World in Motion nabs it just ahead of Three Lions, for me, but both get me going!

[media=]

One of the (almost) forgotten classics. Black Grape were fucking amazing in 95/96, they even got Joe Strummer in on this song. :)

If we're talking forget then classics then let's have some love for 'The Big Man And The Scream Team Meet The Barmy Army Uptown'.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=/watch?v=hCWPGpI3GWE&v=hCWPGpI3GWE&gl=IE

It's going to be the same type of game as the other three in the group stage.

We'll have plenty behind the ball, try and keep it as tight as possible and hope that our crosses/set-pieces go in! I know it's going to be a horrible game for us England fans but i'll keep the faith!

Someone needs to batter Spain for the good of football. It's boring now. And I used to love watching them play.

When Scotland played 4-6-0 people had a go at them too! Ahead of the game the Scots.

I can't see Spain changing this philosophy for a while yet or until the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and others fade away and the people who step in aren't of the same standard. It works the majority of the time, it takes great concentration and fight from a side to defend for such extended periods of the game without switching off for one second. Also when Spain have a bad patch which usually happens against the big teams at some point in a game the opponents must punish them.

France were poor last night and they very rarely got enough numbers up to actually create any decent chances. I think Portugal will beat Spain this time around. They will be organised as they have been all tournament and with Ronaldo and co waiting to pounce with their speed Portugal will have better luck against them.

France were poor last night and they very rarely got enough numbers up to actually create any decent chances. I think Portugal will beat Spain this time around. They will be organised as they have been all tournament and with Ronaldo and co waiting to pounce with their speed Portugal will have better luck against them.

Let us hope. It's a strange situation when you're cheering Portugal and hoping Ronaldo smashes his opponents.

I will be cheering for Spain as I actually enjoy their style (most will disagree :lol:) but I just think Portugal will be set up perfectly to beat Spain this time!

I can't lose in this thread now. Spain win i'll be happy, they lose I can say "Told you so." :eyebrows:

Some absolute bell piece posted this song earlier in the thread but because he is such a wanker I think everyone ignored it.

Which is a shame because it is one of the best football songs ever and still hasn't gone viral. Contains the best elements of World in Motion as well (the wrap).

Tonight is about being grateful that we've got this far. Can't expect anything else. Was a nice jolly.

As far as the game goes I'm worried that Johnson may well switch off again/be got at and it will cost us.

Rooney needs this game to be one where he isn't shit. He should be massively important. If it bypasses him again that could well be our downfall.

Tick, tock...