rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
El Pibe

Euro 2012: The Thread

:(

I feel really sorry for the Irish team, Spain look like a cat playing with a mouse.

Bit embarrassing really now. I've never seen Shay Given play so badly, which is a little bit sad because he used to be just about the best keeper in the world.

• Downvote 3

Given is having another nightmare but that was a super cool finish by Silva.

Given was never the best keeper in the world, he is a massively overrated shot stopper of limited presence who got overworked in a crap newcastle team leading to people assuming he was great.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Given was never the best keeper in the world, he is a massively overrated shot stopper of limited presence who got overworked in a crap newcastle team leading to people assuming he was great.

This is so wrong I negged you. Just FYI.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

untitled-9ocb43.gif

Class, Given has been weak this tournament but we'd be at least 4 or 5 down without him. In his prime he was a GREAT keeper.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I can see what Xabi Alonso is trying to achieve with that beard, but it isn't really working out is it?

Torres for top scorer!!!

McGeady is indeed a shit house.

untitled-9ocb43.gif

Class, Given has been weak this tournament but we'd be at least 4 or 5 down without him. In his prime he was a GREAT keeper.

One of the best shot stoppers in the world in his prime. He arguably still is today, but his all round game is severely lacking. He doesnt dominate his area and he doesnt seem to know how to organise a defence. It cant be a coincidence that Given has always played behind chaotic back fours no matter where he has been in his career, and I think his lack of presence in the penalty area is why my lot (Villa) have conceded so many goals from corners and set pieces this season.

One of the best shot stoppers in the world in his prime. He arguably still is today

You saw the first goal right? His reactions are shit at the moment. He waved at the ball after it was past him.

Torres with his shirt off there, must be furious about being subbed off.

He was smiling when he greeted the other players on the bench, so maybe not?

It's a reference to Jonathan Pearce's moronic commentary on Arjen Robben last night.

He was smiling when he greeted the other, so maybe not?

It was a J Pearce joke. His anger at Robben taking his shirt off last night after being subbed. When he was on the other side of the stadium. Where, of course, he's still at pitch level so should remove his shirt so as not to interfere with play.

FABreSMASHED

Ah, I watch the ESPN coverage so no crappy ITV/BBC pundits for me. Woo!!

so Eire v Italy predictions?

Ireland 1 - Italy 0 :P

Assuming Toto starts?

Italy 10 - 0 Ireland

Di Natale 1' 3' 10' 15' 35' 45+1' 55' 57' 63' 68' 80' (Pen)

Or at least I hope so because my bets are rapidly going down the pan.

• Upvote 1

i fear Eire could get the record for most goals scored against per game here. (worth £2 in work sweepie)