Euro 2012: The Thread

El Pibe

Theres nothing like an international tournament for bringing the prawn sandwich fans out

There's nothing like RLLMUK for tedious ad-hominem attacks by people who haven't got an argument.

The answer to the trivia quiz, incidentally, was that the number of times England have ever beaten Sweden in a competitive international is... 0. (Out of 7 attempts.)

Good performance from England but obviously (as with all tournaments and teams) we need to improve. We did well defensively (yeah we let them have lots of the ball but the highlight reel of their shots were all from outside the box bar the one header).The big worry for us is the lack of ideas going forward. Hopefully we can stay solid and Rooney will be in good form when he comes back.

Obviously ITVs coverage of - well, anything - is awful, but because the Beeb's pundit team has been together for a while there's much more warmth in their analysis and they are much more excited about watching decent football.

Good win for Ukraine, and like I said earlier it will hopefully give them the confidence to now perhaps nick something from France.

There's nothing like RLLMUK for tedious ad-hominem attacks by people who haven't got an argument.

The answer to the trivia quiz, incidentally, was that the number of times England have ever beaten Sweden in a competitive international is... 0. (Out of 7 attempts.)

There's a first time for everything.

Shevchenko - still a better striker than Torres. And despite being a "failure" at Chelsea a superior strike rate!

Had to turn off BBC there as Jake Humphries was on. What's he doing on the football?

Not as good for England as 0-0, but better than 2-2 would have been I'd say.

Yet not as good as 3-3 but better than 5-5 which would have been ridiculous.

It doesn't matter chums, basing our chances on other results it's a one way ticket to Loser Town, where RobinTripp still lives.

Focus on us, not others!

Had to turn off BBC there as Jake Humphries was on. What's he doing on the football?

Not doing football analysis, as far as I can tell. He was asking Shearer some questions, and now it seems he's doing links from the fan zones and bits about the countries. I think that's perfectly fine, myself. If they're going to do that kind of thing, Humphrey is established and likeable enough to front it.

Edit - To be a bit more on topic, I was absolutely delighted to see both Zlatan and Shevchenko get goals tonight. Great stuff. :D

Exactly the same as he did for the last World Cup - doing the little info bits before games and being the man that talks to the fans. The little 'Info about Ukraine' raised a chuckle earlier.

1N6UD.jpg

emot-psyduck.gif

What is it even meant to be about?