rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
El Pibe

Euro 2012: The Thread

Nice to hear Lawrenson has won a load of money betting on Torres, to go along with the bags of cash he gets for spouting absolute bollocks.

• Upvote 2

Lawro has been the worst part of this tournament

I was hopIng I'd win that prize :(

I was hopIng I'd win that prize :(

Lawro edges it on account of being paid to spout bollocks. You do it for fun, he does takes home a fat paycheque for it.

• Upvote 3

I put CBBC alternative commentary on instead of having to put up with Lawro. I'll definitely have to remember that for next time.

CBBC? children's BBC?

Yeah, it's a bit silly (obviously), sure as hell beats Lawro's depressing rants though.

Jacob Steinberg mentioned mid way through that Alan Partridge was co-commentating on the Beeb.

Frankly this is a wonderful idea. Is there not some way we could get him to co-commentate on one Norwich game next season (red button).

Yea, it was meant to be much better. Emphasized watching football and having fun.

Not that I was having any :( wanted Italy to win, they have so much character. They'll be back (sans Pirlo) soon though.

Saving grace was Torres coming on and doing well. Wingers have been dead for a while now, but I'm dreading the day the centre forward joins them. Hopefully Fernando has delayed that for a couple more seasons.

:(

Credit to Italy for actually playing (and even outplaying on occasion) Spain, that's the only reason Spain got that two goal lead.

I thought Balotelli was going to punch that guy in the suit before storming off. What a loser!!

So much for the greatest player ever as some were touting him after the Germany game.

How many teams are going to try and copy Spains no striker formula? (that they stole from Scotland ;) )

Arsenal will try it i reckon.

• Downvote 3

Balotelli is just a big child really.

Well, duh. Why is anyone surprised?

It's what makes him so brilliant. Rather a character like him then the dull grey of 90% of footballers.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Great to see Spain win. Fuck the doubters that is how football should be played. Brazil '70 would get torn to shreds by this Spain side.

• Upvote 4

I dunno, I'm not sure you can call getting a bit pissed off and wanting some alone time to take the whole thing in 'childish' - it's about right for the first time someone has to deal with lose on that scale if you ask me.

• Upvote 1

Is anyone else really inspired to go have a kickabout in the park after that?

• Upvote 1

Well, duh. Why is anyone surprised?

It's what makes him so brilliant. Rather a character like him then the dull grey of 90% of footballers.

He's a bit of a clown, but it must suck a bit. Cameras are trained on him because of who he is and, when he doesn't react like a stoic monk, it's picked up and broadcast out to folk who dismiss him as something other a 21-year-old in an incredibly stressful situation.

Great to see Spain win. Fuck the doubters that is how football should be played. Brazil '70 would get torn to shreds by this Spain side.

It might indeed be how football should be played but saying as Spain are the only international team that can play like that it reduces too many matches to almost a non-contest for my liking. I can't blame them for being that good but the second half was anything but enjoyable to watch especially as I'd had a tenner on Italy to win the tournament at 16/1.

I won the World Cup fantasy league as well, so I'm now officially as good at football management as Vincente Del Bosque.

In all of your faces.

I'm happy to be the 39th best manager in Botswana.