Jump to content
IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch


Vemsie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Going to be interesting to see what the world makes of this game when it releases in a week from now. Hope it's great although think the expectation will far exceed what gets delivered given this thread started 7 years ago now.

 

I'll enjoy watching, reading the reviews next Friday. :D

 

Edit : Sorry this thread started 8.5 years ago!!! This has dragged nearly or longer than The Last Guardian!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Raoull duke said:

Mate got sent a copy by some Swedish guy he plays R6 with. Got to play it for a few hours today. 

 

As dull as neon dish water. Visuals on point. Gameplay and everything else of substance not so much.

 

It'll probably end up a metacritic 99 though.

 

 

Which platform? If PS4/5 or XO/XSX can you ask him if there is a 60 FPS mode please.

 

Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, hub2 said:

Stupid question I guess.... I can only preload on Series X if I have preordered it on the store right?

 

So If I have a physical preorder I'll just have to wait?

Yep. The disk is essentially the DRM key and it will end up downloading it all anyway when you pop it in. Although not sure if it still does this on the Xbox One ... Looks like there is a 43GB patch already on day one :) Jeez. Never sure why people buy physical disks these days... Sure you can sell them on but still..... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Talk Show Host said:

 

That's the thing, this combination has never been done before. A single player-like multi branching story in a sandbox environment in an open world is simply unprecedented. You can say it combines styles of games but there is nothing like it. Comparisons with the modern Deus Ex games are simply out of place because they are both very limited in comparison. If I would compare its design approach I would go with the original Deus Ex, in the sense that, for its time, Spector's game also brought a new way of storytelling in sandbox design. But direct comparisons with other games, no, I do not think they exist.

I’m pretty sure you’re positioning yourself for disappointment here.


single player, sandbox, open world games are ten a penny.

more than one storyline is also ten a penny: there are lots of ways storylines can mildly branch, and do, based on player actions.

 

the combination of the two, unless amazingly well executed (and there’s no evidence that it will be), isn’t going to be revolutionary. You don’t need to get quite so hyped.

 

(it’s not like it’s deus ex, released at a time where there was PC game legend being released after PC game legend: just look at what was released in 1999-2001!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

God can you imagine of this actually ends up being shit; the fireworks would be immense - the over-invested nutcases Vs the backlashers.

 

You'll get the same result if it's just a pretty good game, so you're in luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, footle said:

I’m pretty sure you’re positioning yourself for disappointment here.


single player, sandbox, open world games are ten a penny.

more than one storyline is also ten a penny: there are lots of ways storylines can mildly branch, and do, based on player actions.

 

the combination of the two, unless amazingly well executed (and there’s no evidence that it will be), isn’t going to be revolutionary. You don’t need to get quite so hyped.

 

(it’s not like it’s deus ex, released at a time where there was PC game legend being released after PC game legend: just look at what was released in 1999-2001!)

 

No, they are not. You are talking about drivel like the late Assassin's Creed games. Pure RPGs make meaningful changes and provide alternative ways to play and experience the story. CDPR is quite unique at that, choosing to go for quality and not quantity (like BioWare has done in its late years unfortunately). Combining all these to a sandbox design and open world with multiple hand crafted side quests has simply never be done before. I don't know if they will be able to pull it off, I just hope they will.

 

Also, your last comment about Deus Ex, I am not sure what you mean. Have you seen what games we have had this generation which, imo, is arguably the best we have ever had in the industry?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

 

No, they are not. You are talking about drivel like the late Assassin's Creed games. Pure RPGs make meaningful changes and provide alternative ways to play and experience the story. CDPR is quite unique at that, choosing to go for quality and not quantity (like BioWare has done in its late years unfortunately). Combining all these to a sandbox design and open world with multiple hand crafted side quests has simply never be done before. I don't know if they will be able to pull it off, I just hope they will.

 

Also, your last comment about Deus Ex, I am not sure what you mean. Have you seen what games we have had this generation which, imo, is arguably the best we have ever had in the industry?

Skyrim was technically last gen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

Skyrim is an, revered game. One for the ages. Just not TSH. :coffee:


It’s really not. It’s mediocre and bland in almost everything, combat and writing especially. It does have a nice sense of exploration though and amazing soundtrack.

 

But this is getting way too off course for the thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Talk Show Host said:

Also, your last comment about Deus Ex, I am not sure what you mean. Have you seen what games we have had this generation which, imo, is arguably the best we have ever had in the industry?


1999-2001 in the PC space was genre-creating game after genre-creating game.
I’m not sure there’s been one of those, truly, in the last decade outside of Destiny and PUBG.

 

(and I was referring to pure RPGs: assassins creed really isn’t an RPG with branching storylines, anymore than TLOU2 is!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, footle said:


1999-2001 in the PC space was genre-creating game after genre-creating game.
I’m not sure there’s been one of those, truly, in the last decade outside of Destiny and PUBG.

 

(and I was referring to pure RPGs: assassins creed really isn’t an RPG with branching storylines, anymore than TLOU2 is!)


I was referring to general quality. It makes sense for RPGs back then to explode, it was their time more or less. That is why I think Cyberpunk 2077 is so important: because it tries something new. Will it succeed? I don’t know. CDPR though is the only dev at this moment with the potential to pull it off, talent and resources wise, so fingers crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen the tech trees for CP2077. In this particular department the top surface of the class building is very Skyrim. But then things go much deeper.

 

I'm with @Talk Show Host here. Vanilla Skyrim is borderline unplayable without 60GB of mods and 12 weeks of spare time for configuring them. I'll certainly never risk another run without the unofficial patch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.