Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

On 20/09/2022 at 11:21, glb said:

Haha, I getcha.

Itching to get back to Night City now. Probably a good thing I’m in the office and not WFH to be honest.

Unless you have a steam deck. Then even that doesn't stop you

15 hours ago, Thor said:

Because they had to release on console as well. Come on, Moz, I didn't peg you for a blinkered PC Master Racer. ;)

All consoles have early access except Switch I think.

Edit - nope switch has it too

6 hours ago, deerokus said:

Unless you have a steam deck. Then even that doesn't stop you

Don’t tempt me!

Played a bit more tonight. I’ll be honest, I whacked it on easy because the flurry of mechanics got a bit overwhelming, and I didn’t want to not play on. More than happy to blunder through the story until everything gets a bit more familiar, then I’ll bump the difficulty up.

The inventories sort of make sense, the driving is pap, but the world feels great to be in, and that’s the main thing.

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Ha, what ending did you go for, Zok? 

I got myself 

Spoiler

uploaded to the Arasaka main frame…I don’t know why, seemed a bit of a lame choice. But I do always like to pick the stupid options in these things.

9 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I got myself 

Hide contents

uploaded to the Arasaka main frame…I don’t know why, seemed a bit of a lame choice. But I do always like to pick the stupid options in these things.

Edit: Shit, that's not the ending you got! Sorry if I spoiled another ending for you. 

7 hours ago, deerokus said:

Pretty solidly by the look of it, depending on settings. 

Significantly better than last gen consoles for sure.

Hmmm. It seems a bit marginal... Playing on PS4Pro it was at least still in 1080 and not shitting a brick whenever you moved the camera. Although I'm sure with the settings tuned properly by someone who knows what they're doing (i.e. not Mr. filming PC games with my phone here) you could probably get a decently stable framerate.

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

And so.... 

Hide contents

Johnny got to live again in V's body, yeah? 

That's probably my least favourite ending. I suggest you replay - that game puts you back right before the point of no return. 

No…

Spoiler

I switched him off with the drugs. He came back to slate me at one point in vr, but that was it.

I loved that Hideo Kojima’s in-game sunglasses got their own credit!

The credits play out with phone messages from various characters, depending upon who you met and in what state your relationship was with them.

Panam is intensely annoying in some of them.

The music in the credits is the best in the game. 100% stone-cold classic.

10 hours in and past the title screen now :lol:

Really enjoying just wandering around Night City. Posted previously that the driving is pap, but that was before I got on motorbike, which feels a far way better way to hoon around the streets.

Bumbling through the menus, crafting and upgrades, but found an outfit I like; think I’ve worked out how to change the items without changing the outfit’s look.

Also, loving hacking enemies from afar, then running in with my double barrel shotgun. Early days but it’s a pretty impressive world to be in.

I finished it the other night - been playing on and off since launch, about 65 hours in total. The main story is alright but as mentioned loads of times, just wandering around the city is the best bit. 

It’s objectively not a great game - combat, driving, menus, systems, upgrades, implants, hacking…they’re all a bit lacking in various ways, though still enjoyable when you get an understanding of things. 

Still - it has its own X factor that kept me coming back. The side plots with the secondary characters had most of my favourite parts/missions (Judy, Kerry and River in particular). On my midrange PC, it’s an absolutely stunner. 

I’m glad that it is now getting the success it deserves. It’s such an ambitious thing, they were probably mad to give it a go in the first place. 

I’m looking forward to the DLC - the Witcher 3 dlc was incredible, I’m hoping for that standard. I’m also curious how/if it accounts for the different outcomes of the various endings in the main game. 

2 hours ago, dvdx2 said:

Enjoying it after coming back To it. Can someone please give me some tips for the control settings as I can hit a thing in gunplay!

Get a smart tattoo/smart link installed and use smart weaponry?

3 hours ago, dvdx2 said:

Enjoying it after coming back To it. Can someone please give me some tips for the control settings as I can hit a thing in gunplay!

as stupid as its gonna sound, head back to around launch ,as we found a really great control setup and pics were posted! and honestly, i cant remember!
🤣

On 24/09/2022 at 12:10, dvdx2 said:

This is what I use for my headshot build, I’m pretty lethal with it nowA270274C-59C5-48D2-8142-9CB054A8F191.thumb.jpeg.81fe44f5d80c42a6716b2bf80da10a21.jpeg

so chuffed this game is getting enjoyed by more people now. Hopefully it will give executives more confidence in the IP and let CDPR take the time they need with it

On 23/09/2022 at 11:41, Stanley said:

I imagine that there will be a next next gen version on PS6 or whatever, and it will be mind blowing. Looking at that recent 4090 RTX trailer it shows just how amazing this game can look. The possibilities are endless. 

I upgraded my PC from a 2070 to a 3070ti earlier this year and even without a 40 series card and raytracing the game visually is just stunning. I'd be very interested in seeing how far they can push it

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

How does it look on Xbox and PS5 now, with the ray tracing? 

It doesn't have Ray traced reflections, just shadows.

So, you're better off playing the 60fps version!

I love this game so much (seriously its up there with Fallout New Vegas for me for how it sucked me in with the first playthrough) then its basically the main reason I'm going for the 40 series instead of being sensible and sane. I'm ecstatic that its finally found its way to gamer acceptance and love after it was a PR and likely share price disaster for CDPR (not that I care about the share price, but a game needs to be seen to be successful to get more content and sequels)

I’m sure they’re doing ok, it sold like 14 million straight away or something daft. 

I’d love to be able to play it on one of those cards, but that’s not happening without a divorce first.