Jump to content
IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch


Vemsie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Done a few more endings. Still seeing some late gigs showing up.

 

After two whole run-throughs, the game still has surprises - just caught my first shuttle launch; I kinda assumed the big island was a spaceport, but was never in the right place to see one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, smac said:

just caught my first shuttle launch; I kinda assumed the big island was a spaceport, but was never in the right place to see one.

Wait, what? Is this just a random thing you can witness?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve picked this back up and been chipping away at sub-stories. Just finished up with Judy and what I’m guessing is almost the end with Panam. 

I’ve been avoiding the main story line(s) as much as possible and just enjoying driving around NC, doing random Gigs and NCPD stuff. 

 

This really is a superb game and I often can’t quite believe what I’m seeing. It’s astonishing that that something this ambitious shipped at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edit: @Thor

 

I assume so - I wasn't doing any specific mission, just pootling around the edge of the city, overlooking the docks, when I saw a spaceship take off!

 

I think you can reach the blocked entrance to the bridge to it, but I couldn't quite get over the gate - looks like a challenge for someone looking to explore the whole map.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, smac said:

Edit: @Thor

 

I assume so - I wasn't doing any specific mission, just pootling around the edge of the city, overlooking the docks, when I saw a spaceship take off!

 

I think you can reach the blocked entrance to the bridge to it, but I couldn't quite get over the gate - looks like a challenge for someone looking to explore the whole map.

 


I tried swimming there, you can almost get to it but then you bounce off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funnily enough I booted up the game to show a mate tonight, and also caught my first shuttle launch from the city centre!

 

Its a bit annoying to have a ton of side quests at different stages and I have no idea what the plot is of them any more. I speak to characters about other people and events I no longer remember. The journal simply has the next bit of the quest with zero context, it sorely needs a summary function. Game still looks great though and I wowed my friend once it turned to night in the centre with the reflective puddles and all that jazz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just driving around, looking for NCPD hustles, enjoying the scenery. The city is planted so well in the environment - OK, the trash is cut-and-paste, but the edges of the city aren't simply walls rising out of the earth; there's a transition into the habitat proper. No wonder this took so long to release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been playing this recently as well, having started again after the big patch. I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did first time around, not least because the upgrade trees are so much improved. I found it really hard to decide on meaningful upgrades before, but this time I've managed to make V quite the hacker.

 

I just finished playing through a great encounter. I started by breaching the network and switching the turrets to my side, before picking off some drones and snipers with some long distance quickhacking. I then sneaked up the building and took out another guy, but was spotted and ended up in a close range gunfight with the remaining enemies, sliding around the floor and popping off quickhacks as I went. It was great fun, and it's really cool to see the build coming together. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, smac said:

I'm just driving around, looking for NCPD hustles, enjoying the scenery. The city is planted so well in the environment - OK, the trash is cut-and-paste, but the edges of the city aren't simply walls rising out of the earth; there's a transition into the habitat proper. No wonder this took so long to release.

 

There are so many little vignettes dotted around, especially out in the badlands. I've just stumbled across what's left of a location shoot from 'Hell Lake 3'... Plus a bunch of NCPD missions just stuck out miles from anywhere.

 

I have no idea how anybody can 100% this game. Even in the city, there are hustles tucked away in hard-to-reach locations (rooftops, deep in Arasaka docks, under road networks).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, smac said:

 

There are so many little vignettes dotted around, especially out in the badlands. I've just stumbled across what's left of a location shoot from 'Hell Lake 3'... Plus a bunch of NCPD missions just stuck out miles from anywhere.

 

I have no idea how anybody can 100% this game. Even in the city, there are hustles tucked away in hard-to-reach locations (rooftops, deep in Arasaka docks, under road networks).


took me forever. Both times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Worth picking up in the sale for Series X if I didn't enjoy the Witcher? Is it shooty?


its not like the Witcher at all. There are guns, if you wish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Floshenbarnical said:


took me forever. Both times. 

 

Respect, Choom.

 

56 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Worth picking up in the sale for Series X if I didn't enjoy the Witcher? Is it shooty?

 

I think it's well worth picking up - different type of RPG. There are a lot of weapons, but you can go for a hacking build and try to stealth the encounters. Much longer game if you do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, both, bought. Remembered that I bought the artbook and was really looking forward to the game, but didn't buy it after the launch controversy. Only £25 in the sale.

 

Hoping it fills the Elden Ring void in my life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Thanks, both, bought. Remembered that I bought the artbook and was really looking forward to the game, but didn't buy it after the launch controversy. Only £25 in the sale.

 

Hoping it fills the Elden Ring void in my life.


Is that The World Of Cyberpunk 2077? Is it any good? I’m not usually interested in these things but C2077 is a world I’ve spent so much fascinated time in I might like to read that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, ZOK said:


Is that The World Of Cyberpunk 2077? Is it any good? I’m not usually interested in these things but C2077 is a world I’ve spent so much fascinated time in I might like to read that.

 

Yep that's the one. Definitely one of the better artbooks I've bought, but it's not strictly an artbook - it's almost like a tourist guide or book about the world. The detail and background information is phenomenal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was really not enjoying this to begin with because I felt the story was advancing a lot without me having a clue about how the game systems worked and finding the inventory completely overwhelming. So I stepped off the main arc, finally worked out what gigs were and how to find them and it’s starting to really click. It’s such an odd game. It has so much going for it but it also seems deliberately perverse at times in the way it just expects you to work out what’s going on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Hewson said:

I was really not enjoying this to begin with because I felt the story was advancing a lot without me having a clue about how the game systems worked and finding the inventory completely overwhelming. So I stepped off the main arc, finally worked out what gigs were and how to find them and it’s starting to really click. It’s such an odd game. It has so much going for it but it also seems deliberately perverse at times in the way it just expects you to work out what’s going on.

This is an odd criticism. Some of the systems do take a bit of 'working out', but the inventory is not one of them. Overwhelming? Really? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

This is an odd criticism. Some of the systems do take a bit of 'working out', but the inventory is not one of them. Overwhelming? Really? 

 

The inventory system was absolutely fucking atrocious. I mean, I wasn't surprised because CDPR have never made a game that has even come close to making a decent inventory system.

 

The whole UI was bollocks!

 

In the end, I did what I did with Witcher and ignore everything, and just upgraded stuff I thought looked cool, and went through the game like that.

 

Maybe they've improved it since the big patch? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Thor said:

The UI is still shit. But the inventory is ... wait, I just remembered how parts of the inventory are accessed. Yeah, it's a bit shit after all. 

Yeah, I’m not saying I can’t get to grips with the concept of an inventory. It’s just that the UI is abysmal, when you start out it’s completely overwhelming in terms of the sheer volume of things you’re picking up, and there are whole features unexplained at that point like disassembly and so on. The game clearly has some merits but the start and lack of onboarding very nearly saw me drop it. Glad I didn’t but it’s really off putting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Thor said:

This is an odd criticism. Some of the systems do take a bit of 'working out', but the inventory is not one of them. Overwhelming? Really? 

 

This is the only UI which made me groan. Not only is it using the god-awful Destiny cursor on console and mixes it both hold and tap for interactions, the inventory is an atrocious form-over-function monstrosity.

 

The first time I interacted with my stash, I completely unintentionally emptied all my belongings into it, only discovering half an hour later when I needed a weapon that I was actually running around naked. Even now that I know that I need to look for the light blue 'equipped slash', it's still a mental drain each time I need to look at equipment overviews.

 

Everything has been engineered to a T to be as irritating and annoying as possible. Items have different sizes in your inventory even though size doesn't matter and this isn't RE4. Pop-overs with stats ALWAYS cover up the rest of your inventory, which you need to highlight with the cursor to be able to scroll through it, obstructing whatever you want to see/are looking for. As mentioned, mod slots and equipment indicators are so small and disconnected, it takes time to discern which is what. Getting into your inventory always takes more effort than simply pressing a button. Mercifully there's a map shortcut under the touchpad long press but blimey, it's the only comfort allowed to the player it seems. Not being able to switch tabs within a menu with the triggers is just baffling.

 

I still have an icon to the right of my health that changes every so often with a timer and I still haven't got the foggiest what it does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.