IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

@K Yep, agree with all of that. I think the fact that mission comes so early on when you're still gawping out the car window at all the amazing graphics doesn't help. I know I definitely wasn't paying full attention to what Dex was saying, but like you I did remember going in that there may be an issue with the payment. 

You can rescue Brick? I just shot everyone after the new guy was rude to me. The militech lady was well happy with me, called me later with what I assumed was another job but turnout out to be sex. 

32 minutes ago, Broker said:

You can rescue Brick? I just shot everyone after the new guy was rude to me. The militech lady was well happy with me, called me later with what I assumed was another job but turnout out to be sex. 

But did you find her dildo? Was the best melee weapon I had for ages that...

I actually did find Brick, and remembered who he was... after I randomly saw him. I didn't realise he was supposed to be in the tricky predicament of having a laser mine pointed at him -- I'd already disabled that laser mine with a remote control earlier, not knowing what it was attached to, just assuming that it would helpfully turn off a laser mine somewhere.

I think I want to start my playthrough again. I only got 4 hours in. I'd like to redo those 4 hours and try to understand things better. I honestly didn't understand much of what Dex said in the car ride because of his slang; or why the Militech people were beating up a guy when they grabbed me, and why that guy was waiting for me afterwards; or which conversation gave me the mission to go to Lizzie's Bar, and so on.

3 hours ago, Broker said:

This mission was genuinely cool…there are so many variations on what you can do. I’ve had four distinct outcomes but I think there’s probably a few other things I could have done.

I’m not sure there’s another mission in the game that does so much? Could be wrong, but though it’s very early on it’s absolutely a standout mission.

I can pick up a physical copy of this pretty cheap, am I right in thinking there's just one disc edition that works across the XBox range from the XBox One up?

Can't see a dedicated series S/X version.

Edit: Digital version is on sale for 24.99 and there's a trial version too. Result!

3 hours ago, JoeK said:

This mission was genuinely cool…there are so many variations on what you can do. I’ve had four distinct outcomes but I think there’s probably a few other things I could have done.

I’m not sure there’s another mission in the game that does so much? Could be wrong, but though it’s very early on it’s absolutely a standout mission.

Yep, that mission is one of the best in the game, easily.

So many outcomes.

Although the maelstrom mission where you go to a party (keeping it vague as possible) is probably my favourite in terms of atmosphere.

The map in this is fucking huge. Tracking down the cabs for Del took me to a bunch of places I’ve never been to. Headed back to Wattson to clear up some side quests and crimes. Tracked down a few psychos.

One of them was in a club and the bouncer wouldn’t move, I’m guessing there’s someone to talk to or a way to hack a door or something, but instead I sliced that fucker up with my katana, killed everyone in the club including my target and left.

At that point I finally had the 60k for the bike that looks like Kaneda’s one, but I couldn’t quite bring myself to buy it knowing I owed Vik 21k from the start of the game. I didn’t expect to get anything for paying him back, but I decided to do it anyway, just because it felt like the right thing to do. So I went to see him and paid off my debt. Dude saved my life and didn’t even charge me for it, seemed like the decent thing to do. So now I need to earn some cash to buy my bike. Went to see Rogue finally and she wanted 15k for info, so now me and Panam are going to try to get her stuff back. Hopefully I’ll earn enough for the bike soon, but I’ve got no regrets about my choices. 

I had to uninstall this about 20 hours in from fucking around doing gigs and NCPD joints at the start of Act 2. Just too addictive when I have too much going on and Elden Ring out on Friday! This game is so good I can't keep it on my hard drive.

The danger level of missions in the journal seems pretty much useless, or at best not very helpful.

I nearly didn't start the mission with the cab driving AI company at the start of act 2 as it was marked 'extremely dangerous' or something in the journal.  I though the AI was going to trap be in the garage and try to kill me.  Did it anyway, and it's just some talky talky setting up some new missions finding lost cabs, most of which themselves are combat free.

Am I right in thinking that gigs and sidemissions in different parts of the city outside Watson are going to be harder than ones in Watson?  Does the difficulty radiate outwards from the start location?

I'm not really able to get a clear grasp of the relative strength / difficulty of enemies.  I'm sure the info is there, but I've not worked out how to parse it yet.  Some have a red skull in the tiny icon above their head when I look at them, and some have different wanted levels from 1 to 5 stars, but both of these measures seem too crude to give me a good indication of their relative strength to mine.

15 minutes ago, Ste Pickford said:

The danger level of missions in the journal seems pretty much useless, or at best not very helpful.

I nearly didn't start the mission with the cab driving AI company at the start of act 2 as it was marked 'extremely dangerous' or something in the journal.  I though the AI was going to trap be in the garage and try to kill me.  Did it anyway, and it's just some talky talky setting up some new missions finding lost cabs, most of which themselves are combat free.

Am I right in thinking that gigs and sidemissions in different parts of the city outside Watson are going to be harder than ones in Watson?  Does the difficulty radiate outwards from the start location?

I'm not really able to get a clear grasp of the relative strength / difficulty of enemies.  I'm sure the info is there, but I've not worked out how to parse it yet.  Some have a red skull in the tiny icon above their head when I look at them, and some have different wanted levels from 1 to 5 stars, but both of these measures seem too crude to give me a good indication of their relative strength to mine.

It is based on area. So even if you had no specific enemies in that mission, just being in that area has mobs/gangsters who if engaged will be levelled above you (with a skull icon above their heads) and will give you a hard time.

If not, the enemies in that area (mission area and the general area) are all of a similar challenge. The wanted levels don't mean too much difficulty wise, its purely the skull and the type of enemy from their visuals/attack patterns or just being a mini boss like a cyberpsycho.

Man, as someone who played through on release on a base PS4 and had a blast, it's good to finally see the game getting the level of appreciation it is due.

It's a great game. That always shone through the early jankiness - and there was a lot of that; I understand why anyone would hold off and I”m not trying to re-open that particular discussion. Just saying, glad y'all finally found out for yourselves and are enjoying it.

At looooooooong last, right?

2 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

go try a mission in corpo plaza, lol. 

Is there much opportunity to sneak around in this to find alternate routes to avoid shooting loads of guys, or to sweet talk your way through missions to avoid boss fights? I do want it but I don’t actually know how much I’ll enjoy it if it is mostly shooting guys, I am bad at shooting guys. I think I am wanting this to be a bit Deus Exy and it just isn’t at all! 

17 minutes ago, Laine said:

Is there much opportunity to sneak around in this to find alternate routes to avoid shooting loads of guys, or to sweet talk your way through missions to avoid boss fights? I do want it but I don’t actually know how much I’ll enjoy it if it is mostly shooting guys, I am bad at shooting guys. I think I am wanting this to be a bit Deus Exy and it just isn’t at all! 

Yes, it basically is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, but in a city, they even cribbed the social boss battles from that game.

37 minutes ago, Laine said:

If you put points into hacking you can basically take out every enemy from a menu from a distance never needing to fire a single shot. There are also alt routes into buildings such as roof panels/windows/side doors etc

Kinda boring to me though! In this playthrough running around with a LMG and shotgun, no quickhacking (beserk instead) letting the cameras see me, bursting through the front door going HELLOOOOOOOO GONKS!

39 minutes ago, Laine said:

Yep. As an example I accidentally aggroed a couple of Tyger Claws at the start of a side job and ended up cutting everyone to pieces with my katana. At the end of the mission I got my reward from the fixer but also got told off for not being as professional as they'd expected. I ended up re-loading to just before the mission and stealthing my way in through the back door of premises by using the Distract Enemies quickhack. This let me do a non-lethal takedown on the security guy who also had a pass key for the office where the item I needed was being stored. Sneaked in, grabbed the item and got complimented by the fixer on how good I was and also some bonus eddies. 

The city in this is on a different level. I spent three hours just on Kabuki and around wandering through the rainy streets. Little alleys, shops and people everywhere, a guitar player, a couple of crimes, a ripperdoc, a clothes street vendor and finally on a mission for Regina. All so organic, so immersive - and this in just a sub district!

As for the gameplay, I just let it roll. I am trying a stealthy approach but when it fails I just go with the flow. It so much fun alternating between shooting, stealthing, hacking and melee. 

I did a series of Judy missions to track down someone, man, some cold shit - very hard. The mystery is just evolving and it’s so engrossing. 

1 hour ago, Laine said:

So far, for me it seems that it will be possible to play like this, but not from the beginning.  You're going to have to mostly shoot people for a bit until you can upgrade your stealth and hacking enough to avoid it.

I had my first experience last night where I killed three low level street thugs who were going to agro me just via hacking them from a distance.  That was great fun. 

1 hour ago, Laine said:

Yes and no. There are points, especially late in the game, where combat is inevitable. However you can still remote kill/subdue many enemies, disable cameras, talk your way in the front door instead of sneaking in and risking getting caught (tip: choose Corpo at the start). Plus you could mix that with katanas and the blades that come out of your arms, negating the actually gunplay completely and just hacking (physically) people to shreds. You'd make @ZOK proud at least.