IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

Catching the stream, with a decent connection you it's defo targetting 60 fps. 

I assume this is the XsX version, and if it's 60 fps which it looks to be then great! 

What the actual fuck were you guys expecting? or do you just hate everything now?

I want the moon on a stick.

I think if you liked the game before, then this will be fine - so far it's all little incremental upgrades that will probably enhance your enjoyment of it a little more.

But if you didn't like the game, then this presentation is doing absolutely nothing to sell the game to potential punters.

I'm on the fence - I think the game as a coherent whole is fundamentally broken and cannot ever be fixed enough for me personally to rate it that highly, but that is strictly how I feel about things.

I want them to leave this game alone now and make a sequel - there is so much promise and potential with the thing that it would be an awful shame if they couldn't do something more with it.

3 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Catching the stream, with a decent connection you can tell it's defo targetting 60 fps. 

I assume this is the XsX version, and if it's 60 fps which it looks to be then great! 

What the actual fuck were you guys expecting? or do you just hate everything now?

I think people are expecting ultra high end PC DLSS graphics from consoles with crippled AMD raytracing. They're going to be disappointed.

Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

This presentation is pretty shit, yes. 
The game with a free resolution and frame-rate bump is not shit. 

I actually agree totally. I am enjoying how it looks visually, and will be installing on PS5 this afternoon. 

I am just a total sucker for presentation! 

1 minute ago, Strafe said:

I think we were expecting a much more considerable update to the visuals, given that we’ve been playing the last gen version on our new mega consoles.

RTX is never going to happen on any non-Nvidia console. I don’t know how much better people were expecting this to look.

1 minute ago, Fallows said:

RTX is never going to happen on any non-Nvidia console. I don’t know how much better people were expecting this to look.

Strange, I’ve got RTX on some of my PS5 games already.

Regardless, I wasn’t expecting massive RTX but I was hoping for a bigger bump to visual fidelity, bigger crowd density, more detailed/less plasticky NPCs etc

Just now, Strafe said:

Strange, I’ve got RTX on some of my PS5 games already.

Regardless, I wasn’t expecting massive RTX but I was hoping for a bigger bump to visual fidelity, bigger crowd density, more detailed/less plasticky NPCs etc

RTX is not just ray tracing. It’s Nvidia’s entire suite of embellishments, including DLSS to actually pump them to a playable degree.

Just now, Fallows said:

RTX is not just ray tracing. It’s Nvidia’s entire suite of embellishments, including DLSS to actually pump them to a playable degree.

Ok, I have some PS5 games with raytracing and now I know RTX is not just shorthand for Ray tracing.

Or something.

1 minute ago, Dark Soldier said:

Yeah console has 30fps, RT shadows. Honestly shadows alone doesn't add much.

Yeah, Cyberpunk's next-genness was really around the global illumination.

4k/60 is already more than I was expecting, perfect.

RTX of a similar quality to the PC version - fuck, or even something vaguely resembling that - was never ever going to happen on current gen machines imo. At best RT like we've seen in a handful of console games so far, but even that would probably require far more optimisation than CDPR is equipped to handle for such an ambitious and broken game.