IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

I can't believe I've waited 15 months to play this. Although to be honest I had forgotten the game even existed, it's not like I've been on tenterhooks for it. It really kind of came and went in the end for such a hyped release, huh? I can't remember the last time I heard anyone talk about it. Although it will probably be to my advantage playing it with no real expectations or sense of fanfare. 

53 minutes ago, Simmy said:

If they somehow get RT running at 60fps I am sooo in. Control looks amazing with RT enabled but that 30fps just kills it :( 

The new consoles are great bit people really need to reign in their RT expectations.

Even 30fps RT (unless it's a very basic implementation) on this will have likely have some significant compromises 

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Imo we're a generation too early for decent RT at a likewise decent framerate.

I'm a bit hype because I've been waiting for this version before starting the game.

Me too. I've also got a run the jewels/cyberpunk hoodie I got around release that I might finally wear!

10 minutes ago, Uzi said:

The new consoles are great bit people really need to reign in their RT expectations.

Even 30fps RT (unless it's a very basic implementation) on this will have likely have some significant compromises 

This. The current gen is a small taste of what RT could do in the future on consoles, but the tech is simply not powerful enough. PS6 et al is when console games will be able to take full advantage of RT.

Or maybe if there's a mid-gen refresh, but I don't think that's guaranteed.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Me too. I've also got a run the jewels/cyberpunk hoodie I got around release that I might finally wear!

I would first try and see if the game's any good to begin with before wearing that :D

14 minutes ago, Uzi said:

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

This. The current gen is a small taste of what RT could do in the future on consoles, but the tech is simply not powerful enough. PS6 et al is when console games will be able to take full advantage of RT.

Or maybe if there's a mid-gen refresh, but I don't think that's guaranteed.

To go even further, and this is both a hot take and my humble personal opinion: the visual difference and improved feel between 30 frames per second and 60 frames per second is enormous compared to the minor visual improvement afforded by the low quality RT we've seen so far in XSX and PS5 games. 

2 minutes ago, Isaac said:

If they updated the consoles to handle some form of DLSS then RT would be possible, but that requires an entire hardware refresh so won't be happening on the existing machines.

Would that be something to realistically expect from a mid-gen refresh, you think? Or is it too drastic a change? Because DLSS would be a game changer (literally, lol) but these otherwise fantastic consoles came out a tad to early to take advantage of that tech

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Would that be something to realistically expect from a mid-gen refresh, you think? Or is it too drastic a change? Because DLSS would be a game changer (literally, lol) but these otherwise fantastic consoles came out a tad to early to take advantage of that tech

DLSS isn't going to happen in any way shape or form. 

Whether or not AMD can figure out some sort of way to do a similar thing is another matter altogether, but judging by their half-hearted attempts on the PC gpu lines, the answer is...they haven't got an answer to it. 

At least not one which doesn't have significant issues to the visual output of the game. 

3 minutes ago, JoeK said:

DLSS isn't going to happen in any way shape or form. 

Whether or not AMD can figure out some sort of way to do a similar thing is another matter altogether, but judging by their half-hearted attempts on the PC gpu lines, the answer is...they haven't got an answer to it. 

At least not one which doesn't have significant issues to the visual output of the game. 

Oh yeah, they're AMD tech :facepalm: Ah well, that's a shame. 

FSR is coming with the steam deck but it'll be way more effective at lower resolutions. It's had mixed results on higher res games and it's not even in the same galaxy as Nvidia DLSS which can at times add more detail than native res.

Microsoft is developing their own AI upscaling tech too but think that is prob a while away.

27 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Any truth in the rumours that it's also coming to Game Pass imminently.....?

There's apparently a 5 hour free trial on Xbox Series X/S (a graphic has been seen doing the rounds for this today)... no news yet about whether the GP rumour is true, or whether it's been confused with that.