IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

2 minutes ago, Harsin said:

If they are going to do a surprise drop of the next gen version, why the hell did they decide to time their relaunch right against the launch of two big games.

Elex 2 is still a few weeks away, isn't it?

It’s actually a pretty decent idea to put out the next gen patch now. Horizon and Elden Ring are driving strong FOMO for big single player epics so anyone who doesn’t have a PS5 or £50-70 to shell out can now pick up a massive game that’s just as shiny for twenty quid. 

Can anyone give any indication of what we could expect from this next gen patch?

On Series X it's running at 1080p currently on what... Medium? Low? At 60fps.

Is this next gen patch really going to be all that amazing?

I'm asking sincerely btw - I'm just not really picturing in my head how much better it can look apart from resolution bump and some better textures.

2 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Can anyone give any indication of what we could expect from this next gen patch?

I'm asking sincerely btw - I'm just not really picturing in my head how much better it can look apart from resolution bump and some better textures.

Suppose it depends on how much they leverage the power of the consoles, or if they just half arse it. 

20 minutes ago, Fused gamer said:

I'm going with a March 31st launch date for next gen. No way they're launching any earlier as they won't have started on it yet...

One version of the PS4 download supports PS5 features, the other doesn’t.

1AF4528A-D8FB-4994-B7C3-9FF38F197F66.thumb.jpeg.0643aac8433dffa9deb4d3c7894abce3.jpeg

220BD76E-01D5-4844-9C13-36DE5055C6A3.thumb.png.b7b49aeb07bba9aed66d083a42536d37.png

I reckon it’s imminent but I’m pretty sure they would announce it right?

18 minutes ago, Simmy said:

1080p is hella low if you have a modern telly. A resolution bump with improved textures is all I realistically expect. Anything else is a bonus. I don't see the current consoles running this game at high settings while maintaining 60, byt who knows how much effort they put in 

I assume this will come alongside a massive general patch, ie bugfixes and QOL improvements and whatnot. But that will also roll out for last-gen owner

12 hours ago, SuperCapes said:

I may pick this up if it's a PS5 upgrade. I played about 15 hours and then gave up. Is there much side content? I seem to remember it feeling empty but maybe I wasn't playing it properly. 

Tons.

Try not to use/buy a car until the late game.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

1080p is hella low if you have a modern telly. A resolution bump with improved textures is all I realistically expect. Anything else is a bonus. I don't see the current consoles running this game at high settings while maintaining 60, byt who knows how much effort they put in 

I assume this will come alongside a massive general patch, ie bugfixes and QOL improvements and whatnot. But that will also roll out for last-gen owner

I know, and I know it will most probably be combined with a tonne of bugfixes, but... A resolution bump could have maybe been done in less than a year :) 

Sorry I don't wanna be a downer I just am struggling to see the HYPE - but willing to be pleasantly surprised.

If they somehow get RT running at 60fps I am sooo in. Control looks amazing with RT enabled but that 30fps just kills it :( 

3 hours ago, Harsin said:

If they are going to do a surprise drop of the next gen version, why the hell did they decide to time their relaunch right against the launch of two big games.

Yeah, this part seems really weird. Why not delay until the end of March when they can have a relatively clear run? I assumed this would be a massive relaunch, but releasing it now will turn it into a fairly under the radar event compared to Horizon and Elden Ring. Maybe they're not particularly confident, or don't want to shout too loudly in case it goes wrong again?

5 minutes ago, Simmy said:

I know, and I know it will most probably be combined with a tonne of bugfixes, but... A resolution bump could have maybe been done in less than a year :) 

Sorry I don't wanna be a downer I just am struggling to see the HYPE - but willing to be pleasantly surprised.

If they somehow get RT running at 60fps I am sooo in. Control looks amazing with RT enabled but that 30fps just kills it :( 

They said on the earnings call late last year that it would include 'changes to the games systems'. I've not played it so can't really comment with any great insight but sounds similar to when they updated the UI and streamlined a some of the inventory and ability trees and all that jazz on Witcher 3. 

11 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

They said on the earnings call late last year that it would include 'changes to the games systems'. I've not played it so can't really comment with any great insight but sounds similar to when they updated the UI and streamlined a some of the inventory and ability trees and all that jazz on Witcher 3. 

Exactly. I'm expecting the CDPR version of this.