IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

Watson cleared! Out of pure coincidence the very final map marker I went to check out just happened to be Regina's base. I didn't even know it was possible to actually see her in person. That put a nice end to things. Max was camping there too, which was nice to see.

4 hours ago, Fallows said:

Watson cleared! Out of pure coincidence the very final map marker I went to check out just happened to be Regina's base. I didn't even know it was possible to actually see her in person. That put a nice end to things. Max was camping there too, which was nice to see.

maybe you’ll run into her again

afaik you can meet all of the fixers with the exception of Mr Hands.

Spoiler

It’s my personal opinion that Mr Hands does not exist at all, and is in fact the avatar of an artificial intelligence. 

9 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

afaik you can meet all of the fixers with the exception of Mr Hands.

Reveal hidden contents

It’s my personal opinion that Mr Hands does not exist at all, and is in fact the avatar of an artificial intelligence. 

I thought that

Spoiler

there was an intimation that Mr. Hands was another character in Pacifica? Can't remember the name. Beardy guy.

1 hour ago, Festoon said:

I thought that

Reveal hidden contents

there was an intimation that Mr. Hands was another character in Pacifica? Can't remember the name. Beardy guy.

according to the wiki he used to work for petrochem and was named wade bleecker, but he changed his face after they put a price on his head. It’s a nice story but I’m not buying it

I built my new PC in readiness for this game but the early bad press and difficulty in actually getting a 3080 meant I never actually got it. Is it all fixed up yet? I've only got a 1660 (my card that was supposed to tide me over until I could get a 3080...HA) so probably won't be able to run it as well as I'd like.

42 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I built my new PC in readiness for this game but the early bad press and difficulty in actually getting a 3080 meant I never actually got it. Is it all fixed up yet? I've only got a 1660 (my card that was supposed to tide me over until I could get a 3080...HA) so probably won't be able to run it as well as I'd like.

No. In fact, sadly, it’s much, much worse. Endless incremental attempts to ‘fix’ it mean that the only way you can actually play it today is on an original PS4 unpatched version. Every other format just hangs on install.

1 minute ago, shirubagan said:

I’m getting a weird bug where there’s tonnes of traffic in the distance which disappears as I approach, making the roads really empty. Now I’ve noticed it, it’s annoying the hell out of me. 

It’s not a bug. They just completely abandoned the idea of realistic traffic AI, so what ‘traffic’ you see in the distance is mainly just low res 2d images moving about.

1 minute ago, ZOK said:

It’s not a bug. They just completely abandoned the idea of realistic traffic AI, so what ‘traffic’ you see in the distance is mainly just low res 2d images moving about.

Ah the old “mark it ‘As Designed’” method of clearing bugs. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

Bear in mind, I've a 2080 and never had any problems with the game at all, neither in release or in subsequent updates.

So I think it's luck of the draw, tbh.

32 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Isn't that realistically what all open world games do, but just hide the fact better?

57 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Isn't that realistically what all open world games do, but just hide the fact better?

Possibly, I don’t know. But in C2077 it’s so glaringly egregious it actually makes me furious. If you really want to see how bad it is, go up into the mountains and watch traffic through a scope, it’s shocking. It stands out so starkly against how polished everything else is.

You can also stand in a road and watch streams of traffic zooming towards you, and then just vanishing as they get within a hundred yards of you. I’ve never seem that in any other game.

29 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Possibly, I don’t know. But in C2077 it’s so glaringly egregious it actually makes me furious. If you really want to see how bad it is, go up into the mountains and watch traffic through a scope, it’s shocking. It stands out so starkly against how polished everything else is.

You can also stand in a road and watch streams of traffic zooming towards you, and then just vanishing as they get within a hundred yards of you. I’ve never seem that in any other game.

yes, the craziest example of this is in a late-game mission where you're standing in the middle of the 4-lane highway that heads east into the desert, waiting on a vehicle coming towards you. If you zoom in with your Kiroshis you can see it coming amongst a throng of traffic, which disappears suddenly and the car is alone.

is traffic density any higher on PC? I can't help but assume this is a PS/ Xbox feature they removed due to hardware issues. I almost never see traffic, unless I'm crossing the street without looking :lol:

It’s on the Stadia, which is a pc build and doesn’t suffer from pedestrian or vehicle density absence in other areas, so I guess it’s the same throughout.

4 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

A handful of very-easy-to-install balancing and immersion mods put it into GOAT category, IMO. That said my advice would be to wait for a 3080 or similar. This is by all definitions a killer app RTX showcase and I'm constantly bowled over by the visuals. I don't see that particular novelty wearing off any time soon. A couple of nights ago I was watching the refracted reflection of an animated billboard in a nearby puddle, only I wasn't looking at the puddle directly - but through the direct reflection of my car window. Entire scenes are always bathed in this uncanny realism. Viewing the game is like peering into some kind of model railway diorama that's behind a glass cabinet, an interactive one that's built with polygons.

Cyberpunk2077-2022-01-08-00-50-12.png

Cyberpunk2077-2022-01-08-00-51-35.png

photomode-19122021-231829.png

Cyberpunk2077-2022-01-11-00-11-42.png

Cyberpunk2077-2022-01-11-00-10-28.png

But then five minutes later something weird/funny will happen, or a texture will pop in thirty yards down the street and break all that immersion. 

@Fallows thinking of playing this next from my backlog of things after giving up on it shortly after launch. You mentioned some essential mods above, have you links as anything I can do to optimise the experience would be great. 

2 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

@Fallows your comprehensive and articulate brief made me bookmark this page, cheers. MVP 

I just copy/edit their descriptions unless I have something to write about. I’ll come back and edit the post when I have more to add.

12 hours ago, Fallows said:

With pleasure.

First of all you're definitely going to need Cyber Engine Tweaks and redscript. The more ambitious mods require these in order to run. Think SKSE for Skyrim, if you're familiar with that. Besides those two you will also want Native Settings UI, which will add a menu option titled 'Mods'. This is where you can configure the options for whichever mods utilise it. Think MCM for Skyrim, if you're familiar with that:

main.gif

Now, onto the list of mods... As always be sure to read the full descriptions and installation instructions (if any).

Gameplay:

Level Scaling and Balance

Two separate modules:

Level Scaling with Higher Minimum Levels - Scales up enemies to your level, this particular module will slightly pump those levels depending on district.

NPC Damage Reduction - Adds a configurable damage reduction curve. The higher the level of the enemy the less damage you will do.

Simple XP Multiplier

Configurable multipliers for all XP types, including level, street cred, crafting, stealth, all weapon XP types, engineering, etc. ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL for reducing street cred gains, as well as breach protocol and athletics which level far, far too quickly. I'll post my settings which I'd tweaked over a hundred in-game hours ago later.

AI Netrunners Enhanced

Vastly improves enemy netrunners by adding a bunch of hacks (most are restored cut content) that they can use on the player.

Better Netrunning - Hacking Reworked

An absolute beauty of a mod. Makes Netrunner gameplay more difficult by preventing Quickhacks until the network is breached. If you want to Quickhack your way through an encounter you have to first choke someone out on that local network and run Breach Protocol on them, or get to an access point and do it that way.

Sensible Stamina & Athletics

Completely overhauls Stamina and Athletics. Provides Athletics XP and endurance bonuses for stamina-related 'workouts'. Simply put, burn Stamina to gain Athletics XP and short-term endurance buffs.

Challenging Breach Minigame

Make the Breach minigame more challenging by having the timer start immediately while greatly shortening the timer length. Configurable. I set mine to 0.2X, meaning I have to invest perk points and Cyberware upgrades into Breach Protocol if I ever want to stand a chance at hacking anything.

Convo Skill Check Scaling

Scales up conversation skill checks so that you'll see options requiring higher attribute levels in general and as you level up.

Metro System

Restores the cut metro network to the game. Works best when fast travel is disabled.

Enhanced Police

Enables police car and motorcycle spawns. Also reworks the spawns of the cops making them further away depending on the threat level that you've accrued.

Smarter Target Analysis

Makes the Target Analysis eye mod apply only to Smart weapons.

Zoomable Scopes

Configurable zoomable scopes! BE SURE TO REINSTALL NATIVE SETTINGS UI AFTER THIS! If not this will bork the other mods which depend on it. It runs tip-top other than that. Another absolutely essential mod.

Non-lethal Blunt Weapons

Makes any/all of two-handed clubs, hammers, and quick-melee attacks non-lethal. Configurable.

Cyber Vehicle Overhaul

Overhauls every single vehicle's top speed, speedometer readout, power, handling and brakes.

Cyber Drift - Crowds and Traffic

Two separate modules:

Crowds and Traffic - Enhanced crowds and traffic with fewer duplicated NPCs, more parked vehicles, faster traffic speed and lights, enhanced pedestrian & traffic behaviors, better AI response times.

Cyber Drift - Enhanced performance for cars and bikes, better drift control with counter steering and motorcycle wheelies. Compatible with Cyber Vehicle Overhaul.

Immersion:

Real Time 24H

By far my favourite immersion mod. This will sync the time in Night City with your system clock. Not only does this mean an day's/evening's session will go by in real time, but it also (psychologically, at least) slows down the game's very pushy narrative. It almost feels natural for me to get tied up doing something less important and much more fun (like right now, writing this post) when some other person is urgently pushing me for something.

Weather Probability Rebalance

Tweaks weather probabilities and min/max durations.

Limited Fast Travel (Disable All)

Works best when installed with Metro System. I always despise fast travel in RPG games.

Lifepath Bonuses and Gang/Corp Traits

Modifies every part of the damage system and some other elements to give gangs and corps. more flavour and uniqueness. Also gain benefits and penalties against gangs/corps. based on your lifepath. Be sure to install the Kiroshi Opticals compatible version.

Kiroshi Opticals - Crowd Scanner

Generates a unique backstory for each crowd NPC scanned. Procedurally generates the background based on the NPC's appearance/gender.

Extra Vehicle Controls

Small mod that adds controls for headlights on/off, headlights brightness and vehicle windows opened/closed.

Always FirstEquip

Repeats the FirstEquip animation each time you equip your weapon or press a hotkey. Also allows the triggering of additional weapon inspection animations: IdleBreak and SafeAction.

Immersive First Person

Improved body presence and free look.

Street Vendors

Allows you to trade with most of the street vendors you will encounter.

QOL:

No Intro Videos

Disables the otherwise unskippable game intro/logo videos.

Disable Loading Cinematics

Defaults every loading cinematic to the silent animated title screen backdrop. No more annoying radio/TV broadcasts.

Hide Read Shards

Removes world-placed shards which have already been read.

Virtual Atelier

Allows players to try on garments on their character while shopping, and also allows other modders to add in-game stores specifically for their modded items.

Smarter Scrapper

Prevents auto disassembling for valuable junk items by setting the upper price threshold for Scrapper perk logic.

HUD/UI:

E3 2018 HUD - Spicy HUDs

The E3 2018 HUD

2018 - 2019 --- Beta UI-HUD Colors

Makes the colours of the UI/HUD reflect the ones from the 2018 & 2019 demos.

Hack Recolor

Changes the hack screen tint. I find that the blue version works beautifully with the fuchsia 2018 colours linked to above. It's all a bit Terminator. Speaking of which, I have a James Cameron 1984 ReShade preset that I'm still working on, which replaces the green Matrix tint which is plastered all over the visuals with a much more neutral cool blue one instead - so this all ties up wonderfully.

Custom Quickslots for Consumables and Cyberware Abilities

Adds custom quickslots/hotkeys to the bottom of the screen for eating, drinking, boosting, and dedicated buttons for Optical Camo and Blood Pump.

HUDitor

Move & resize some of the main HUD widgets.

Purify The UI

Disables the 2D repeated/blurred UI effect.

flib's UI Improvements

A collection of quality-of-life UI improvements. Sort your quests, messages and shards. Vehicle preview images on ride quests. Never lose your iconics.

Improved Minimap Zoom

Dynamic zoom for vehicle minimap, configurable zoom for on-foot minimap, minimap peek hotkey.

Clear Skill Checks

Shows you what attribute level you need for conversation skill checks.

Nyan Loading Animation

It doesn't get much more dystopian Cyberpunk than having a 'stolen' NFT as the top-right loading animation. With precisely that in mind I actually class this as being very lore-friendly. It's not essential, but I like it enough for it to make this list. :)

144302888-4543821c-4bd0-44eb-9c7e-a401c5

Apols if this is a bit of an aside, I only ask to get context on the current state of CP77, but I was wondering how this squares up with the original Witcher 3 release?

The point I often see come up is that Witcher 3 was pretty broken when that first came out, but obviously is one of the GOATs today. Just wondered how relevant that is in terms of severity, timescale to fix, etc, or if it's comparing apples/oranges a bit?

If it does seem like a fair comparison it might give the rest of us an idea of what to expect as more of these updates come out over time. I never got my hands on the original W3 release (only dipping into it now, years later) so I dunno just how busted that was.

I played and finished the Witcher 3 on release without any problems (on PC but without any mods) so I don't know if it's a good comparison. But I do know that in my experience CD Project are always amazing with their support, supporting their games for a long time. Not just fixing bugs but improving and adding stuff as well, releasing overhauled editions for free. So I fully expect them to keep supporting and improving Cyberpunk for a long time.