IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

Just now, hmm said:

I'm still sure that this was noticeably better at some point on PS5 in the middle of the run of patches. I don't know if they had to dial it back again to get framerate up enough on PS4 to satisfy Sony (and get it listed in the store again) but it certainly felt like one of the later patches then emptied everywhere out again. Presumably they have dynamic population density controls - e.g. to vary it on different spec PCs - and it was hard to see why they couldn't leave it turned up just for the backwards compatibility mode on PS5.

It was. They had to tone things down to get things running better on a base PS4. 

I've no doubt that the eventual PS5 version will be significantly better all 'round.

Well, one would hope so. 

On 27/12/2021 at 00:50, Thor said:

Yeah, it's shite on consoles. I wouldn't bother until they release a proper PS5/XSX version. Which I think will still be shit in comparison to the PC and Stadia versions. The visuals are still so far ahead of anything else. 

It was absolutely fine on a One X, unless it's got a lot worse in the last year.

I picked it up on Xbox as it’s so cheap and will likely go up in price whenever the next gen update comes. Will probably have a poke around Night City later though. 

I had a quick look at YT videos and apparently while some things have been fixed, the traffic on Xbox is almost non existent and worse than it was at launch. 

I do wonder if them keeping so quiet about what the next gen patch is due to it not being as great as we might hope. I’ll be very surprised if they manage to implement RT in a meaningful way. 

I've put about 48 hours into this now. Really enjoying it. I could spend hours in this world. I'm pretty amazed by how detailed it is when you look up and how even the back alleyways are so interesting. I think someone mentioned earlier that unlike a lot of open world games, this is actually a really cool place to walk around in and I'd have to agree. I can be at one level, discover a little staircase, and then find myself further down into the city in a bustling market.

In terms of bugs, nothing earth shatteringly bad. Apart from one permanently glitched mission where my Nomad car is invisible and I can't complete the quest. But what the hell, I've mostly been using motorbikes if I feel I need to get somewhere quickly.

1 hour ago, Festoon said:

There are none.

And this is one of the problems I have with the game - this really odd mix of extreme detail in some areas and sweet fuck all in others. It's bonkers, I tell you.

Also, have they fixed the issue with the bike toppling over itself when you call for it?

On 30/11/2021 at 23:46, JoeK said:

Pacing.

The game has none of it. You have the urgency of the main storyline coupled with the hundreds of side quests messing you up. The thing is, I can think of a fair few different ways to overcome all this without much effort at all. 

All they needed to do was give me a bell and I’d have sorted it for them easily.

The Real Time mod fixes all of this. It’s unreal just how much of a difference having the game time synced with real life makes to the pacing, urgency, and immersion. It’s by far my favourite mod, at least on par with the balancing and levelling fixes.

I’ve been playing this the @Floshenbarnical way (No debts, no driving) with all of those mods installed that I listed. Two to three hours each evening is enough, before the role-play exhaustion sets in - but then I wake up the next day hungry for more and can’t wait to get back in. I’ve not felt that way since playing Skyrim. I’ve cleared around abouts 1/3 of the Watson area and paid Vic long ago now. It’s astonishing just how much of the city you miss by simply driving from main quest to main quest like I did the last time I played. It’s absolutely fucking crammed with detail and stuff to see, hear, and do; to a revolutionary degree, I’d say. They should have forced people to play this way.

If I’m lucky I get some screen time during the day - so I’ll hop in and get to see the city during daylight hours. As my 4 year old is with me we do non-violent/sweary stuff such as driving to the shops and upgrading. He woke up for a pee a few nights ago when I was playing, so he came down for a little watch as he’d never seen Night City at night before; which he went on to describe as “very, very sick”.

This game is now easily on my All Time Top 10 list. Maybe even top 5.

@Floshenbarnical and anyone else thinking about modding the PC version, hit me up for a list of mods as I can wholeheartedly recommend several at this point. I could even zip everything up into a modpack, but then best modding practice is to incrementally cherry pick and install mods one by one so you fully understand what you’re doing to your game (and then endorse the authors, of course). I’m just so utterly overjoyed how I’ve got it set up now, with practically every single minor annoyance resolved. I never expected this level of tweak and polish after just one year.

2 hours ago, Fallows said:

I’ve been playing this the @Floshenbarnical way (No debts, no driving) with all of those mods installed that I listed. Two to three hours each evening is enough, before the role-play exhaustion sets in - but then I wake up the next day hungry for more and can’t wait to get back in. I’ve not felt that way since playing Skyrim. I’ve cleared around abouts 1/3 of the Watson area and paid Vic long ago now. It’s astonishing just how much of the city you miss by simply driving from main quest to main quest like I did the last time I played. It’s absolutely fucking crammed with detail and stuff to see, hear, and do; to a revolutionary degree, I’d say. They should have forced people to play this way.

If I’m lucky I get some screen time during the day - so I’ll hop in and get to see the city during daylight hours. As my 4 year old is with me we do non-violent/sweaty stuff such as driving to the shops and upgrading. He woke up for a pee a few nights ago when I was playing, so he came down for a little watch as he’d never seen Night City at night before; which he went in to describe as “very, very sick”.

This game is now easily on my All Time Top 10 list. Maybe even top 5.

@Floshenbarnical and anyone else thinking about modding the PC version, hit me up for a list of mods as I can wholeheartedly recommend several at this point. I could even zip everything up into a modpack, but then best modding practice is to incrementally cherry pick and install mods one by one so you fully understand what you’re doing to your game (and then endorse the authors, of course). I’m just so utterly overjoyed how I’ve got it set up now, with practically every single minor annoyance resolved. I never expected this level of tweak and polish after just one year.

Im stoked that you liked it so much! I’d honestly play this game every day for the rest of my life if they just fixed the balancing. I just feel like after Act 1 you either destroy people with one bullet or get instakilled by a pistol shot from a block away, the balancing is pants. 

On 02/01/2022 at 16:30, Floshenbarnical said:

Im stoked that you liked it so much! I’d honestly play this game every day for the rest of my life if they just fixed the balancing. I just feel like after Act 1 you either destroy people with one bullet or get instakilled by a pistol shot from a block away, the balancing is pants. 

They won't fix the balancing because it's likely intended to be this way in order to appease the power gamer. I personally dislike being Godlike after clearing just 10% of the game, and yet this is always the case with most open-world epics. For some I think this promotes multiple unique play-throughs instead of just the one single drawn-out climb to max level and 100% quest/map completion. 

You need a PC ASAP. It's the only way. I'm finding the balancing just fine right now, using this. Check out his other mods. They're so elegant, and fit my 'vanilla-but-ironed-out' style perfectly. After a couple of runs I'll try out the other highly-rated overhaul I believe you were alluding to, after it's had time to mature a bit.

On 02/01/2022 at 13:00, Fallows said:

It's so bizarre, isn't it? The whole game wants you to play it in such a way as to not experience that immersion at all. So strange.

All that work that the game wants you to ignore and just fast travel or drive everywhere to the next mission marker on-screen. I've never seen such a misconceived structure.

I actually have to work hard to not play the way the game wants me to play it.

22 minutes ago, Festoon said:

It's so bizarre, isn't it? The whole game wants you to play it in such a way as to not experience that immersion at all. So strange.

All that work that the game wants you to ignore and just fast travel or drive everywhere to the next mission marker on-screen. I've never seen such a misconceived structure.

I actually have to work hard to not play the way the game wants me to play it.

The main story is extremely pushy to a panicking degree. There's always someone in deep trouble or dying, or similar, and they need your immediate attention and assistance. It doesn't help that the game time (and weather transitions) goes by really fast. It's an extremely effective immersion-breaking combo. That Real Time mod doesn't just sync the game clock to your system/real clock, it indirectly fixes a lot of narrative-related urgency as well. The most recent "Ready to go when you are!" I heard from Jackie implies that he's willing to give me a number of days/weeks (in real-time) to start the next job together, rather than seconds.

4 minutes ago, Fallows said:

The main story is extremely pushy to a panicking degree. There's always someone in deep trouble or dying, or similar, and they need your immediate attention and assistance. It doesn't help that the game time (and weather transitions) goes by really fast. It's an extremely effective immersion-breaking combo. That Real Time mod doesn't just sync the game clock to your system/real clock, but it indirectly fixes a lot of the urgency related to the narrative as well. The most recent "Ready to go when you are!" I heard from Jackie implies that he's willing to give me a number of days/weeks (in real-time) to start the next job together, rather than seconds.

And, even weirder, events in the game seem to imply that a fair bit of time has passed. Jackie's mother's first contact with you after he buys it makes it sound like it has been ages since it happened. Likewise when Wakako calls for the first time.

That's Northside cleared. Another night or two and the entirety of Watson will be conquered. I'm absolutely rolling in cash and crafting/upgrade materials.

I'm utterly in love with this game, having done 60 hours over two weeks. That's an obscene amount for me these days.

I've also been working on a Reshade preset which replaces that green tint that's over everything with a cool blue one instead. Now everything looks like it's been filmed by James Cameron in 1984. I'll share it on here after I'm satisfied. I just need to do more testing during daylight hours.

Cyberpunk2077-2022-01-06-17-04-21.png

Cyberpunk2077-2022-01-07-00-55-12.png

Cyberpunk2077-2022-01-06-17-11-17.png

On 18/12/2021 at 04:21, Fallows said:

I'm trying to unlock my inner Corpo by acquiring this attire in real life. Please don't ask how much the full set costs.

59ffe27e641c178f0ea7c8329b4be925.jpg

My wife is stopping me.

Burton 2077

I got bored of waiting for the next-gen upgrade and picked this up again. I set it to Quality mode and the thing looks amazing (Series X) — not really sure what they can add. More pedestrians? Less pop-in? Lighting tweaks/RTX? PC on max settings looks better, of course, but I haven’t really seen anything that convinced me to wait any longer. 

Anyway, I bought a car finally and am just faffing about, avoiding main missions and locating the Tarot cards, simply admiring the city and surrounding areas. When the patch drops, I might be done and ready for a new character/build or I might still be roaming around just admiring the view. 

17 minutes ago, Ry said:

Do we have a date for the next gen upgrade yet? Excited to give this a go finally. 

Maybe summer.

Rumours about some event next month for a relaunch (Samurai Edition) & Netflix Anime.

34 minutes ago, Ry said:

Do we have a date for the next gen upgrade yet? Excited to give this a go finally. 

Latest (as of CDPR investor call Nov 2021) is that they are on track for Q1 2022 for CP2077 next gen and Q2 2022 for Witcher 3 next gen upgrade.

Capture.JPG

I am absolutely and wholeheartedly confident that they will meet these dates. I only say this because of course it will come out the same week as Elden Ring, which is already coming out the same week as Witch Queen and I'll have 3 x 100 hour games all vying for my attention. First world problems are here again.

I thought I’d have cleared Watson by now and progressed into Act II, but more jobs keep popping up because of Street Cred gains despite only earning 20% the regular SC rate via. self-imposed nerfing. I’ve outgrown Watson at around the right time it seems, as tonight’s jobs were complete walkovers. In fact, the last five hours or so have been nothing but a constant stream of Maelstrom/Tyger Claws murder death kill without flatlining the once. My character levelling has slowed right down as well. 50 hours in and sitting at level 13 with €$250K and nothing left to spend it on. It’s almost not worth my time sweeping up these last few markers, so I might knock main XP gain down to 90% in order to compensate.

I believe the gangs outside Watson contain members from level 18 and upwards. So I guess things will become threatening/rewarding again, just as they were back during levels 1 to 7.

All-in-all I’m really impressed with this balancing. I don’t stand a chance at the Kabuki Beat on the Brat gig because I’ve not invested any perks into melee. I couldn’t run any quickhacks initially because the enemy networks need breaching first, which other than direct physical access to a terminal requires you to non-lethally incapacitate someone so you can run Breach Protocol on them at melee range - but Breach Protocol starts immediately, and the timer is over in the blink of an eye unless it’s perked out. As for defence I’ve only invested perks into handguns, so all the other weapons are near useless. These tweaks are really giving purpose back to the perk system, which overall felt pretty superfluous when I played last year. Almost like it wouldn’t have made a difference if it wasn’t in the game at all.

I genuinely hope CDPR do re-release the game with a lot of these community tweaks in mind. It’d be a crime if more people don’t get to play like this.

Radio Vexelstrom needs to go. I'm done.

The NIN tribute in CP2077 sounds even more like Trent Reznor than that. :lol:

I might stream a bit this evening. This is all too grand to keep to myself. I feel greedy.

On 06/01/2022 at 19:53, Fallows said:

That's Northside cleared. Another night or two and the entirety of Watson will be conquered. I'm absolutely rolling in cash and crafting/upgrade materials.

I'm utterly in love with this game, having done 60 hours over two weeks. That's an obscene amount for me these days.

I've also been working on a Reshade preset which replaces that green tint that's over everything with a cool blue one instead. Now everything looks like it's been filmed by James Cameron in 1984. I'll share it on here after I'm satisfied. I just need to do more testing during daylight hours.

Cyberpunk2077-2022-01-06-17-11-17.png

Is it bad that I know exactly where that is? Took a screenshot there myself recently

catwalk.jpeg

Northside vibes:

maelstrom.thumb.jpeg.eb75bf971fb706b35206813abc2192aa.jpeg

2 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Is it bad that I know exactly where that is? Took a screenshot there myself recently

catwalk.jpeg

Northside vibes:

maelstrom.thumb.jpeg.eb75bf971fb706b35206813abc2192aa.jpeg

I’ve got most of Northside burned into my brain, too. That said I probably wouldn’t recognise most of it during the day. For my next character I’ll offset my game clock for PST. :)

I feel a little sad whenever I open my map and see Northside completely void of gigs/NCPD calls. It’s almost the same feeling you get when you’re closing in on the end of a really cool game you’ve been enjoying. I’ve actually spent more time swanning around there than I’ve done in other game worlds in their entireties, and it still feels like I’ve not seen everything or had my fill. Hopefully Street Cred unlocks reasons to return again at some point.