IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

1 hour ago, K said:

Hopefully the next-gen update involves them reworking and rebalancing the game's systems, along with beefing up the visuals.

*Laughs in PC* :P Sorry...notsorry.

On its actual target platform ,the PC, with the right hardware, it is still absolutely fucking incredible to look at! There are no ifs buts or maybes! it really is astonishing.

However, it should have been absolutely canned on Bone and PS4, only released on PC, and then, ported to xsx and PS5! where a high settings (minus RT, which still looks really good!) 60 fps version would have been easy, and a 30fps quality mode (with RT) could have been done as well. No you aint getting 60 with RT on consoles, as the ONLY way to get it is with DLSS.

and yeah those sniper rifles need nerfing lol

7 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

*Laughs in PC* :P Sorry...notsorry.

On its actual target platform ,the PC, with the right hardware, it is still absolutely fucking incredible to look at! There are no ifs buts or maybes! it really is astonishing.

However, it should have been absolutely canned on Bone and PS4, only released on PC, and then, ported to xsx and PS5! where a high settings (minus RT, which still looks really good!) 60 fps version would have been easy, and a 30fps quality mode (with RT) could have been done as well. No you aint getting 60 with RT on consoles, as the ONLY way to get it is with DLSS.

and yeah those sniper rifles need nerfing lol

To be honest, I thought it looked great on all platforms I've seen it on. Obviously a high-end PC will look best, but the Stadia version was incredible - very stable, and amazing visuals. Even the console versions looked great, notwithstanding the crashes and glitches.

I think the world looks pretty damn amazing, but I also think there's too many things in it that take me away from the awe that they clearly wanted me to feel. Little details - like the shitty way of doing far away traffic in the distance (especially bizarre in the desert areas). Characters endlessly repeating the same dialogue sequences all the sodding time (the main culprits being the two police officers having an argument right when you leave your apartment near the beginning of the game - those two don't do anything else in the game apart from moan). Crowd animations are fucking useless in terms of making me believe in the city - they actively take away atmosphere from the world for me. I genuinely think I got more sense of reality from Novigrad in Witcher 3.

I think the structure of the game is absolutely broken. I think the main story is poorly integrated into the world, the user interface shows that CDPR have learnt nothing from years of making fucking useless, pointless shitty menu systems that actively piss me off each and every time I have to open them up.

It's a game I don't love, and I really wanted to love it - but there's just too much wrong with it all for love.

But I enjoyed it a lot. There are plenty of moments that do work. Isolated missions and little things that hark back to my absolute love of Witcher 3. It was worth the money to play it. It's just that there's the feeling throughout that there were just too many people jumping in to offer up new things and new ideas and there seems to be a fundamental lack of management and some overall responsibility of just making it as good as I really thought it was going to be.

If it were me, I'd cut my losses and just make a Cyberpunk 2. The world is big enough to let this one go, and give us something that really does make my jaw drop.

I think anyway.

The wall of cars that disappears as you drive towards it has to be the biggest immersion killer. Plus, the car headlights that are so ineffective that they remind me of those crappy bike lights you got in the eighties.

I'm getting near the end of this after leaving it for a bit to see what they were going to fix. I've had a lot of fun with it but I'm not sure it's...good.

In a lot of ways it follows the same template as Witcher 3, and has a lot of the same issues but they're dialled up to 11 like the inverse difficulty curve, the wonky UI, the pretty perfunctory crafting system, etc.

Witcher 3 got progressively easier as it went on, but never reached the point where you could kill all the bad guys from across the street without them ever even seeing you. Geralt didn't have a silenced pistol with 100% crit chance allowing you to stroll through the most enemy packed area vapourising heads before anybody noticed what was happening. I mean it's fun, but in a sort of brain dead way. It feels like it's balanced around expecting the player not to play it. 

Night City is amazing and I'm still coming across new unique places that I've never seen before. There are a ton of great characters and main missions and side missions. It's a shame that there's a bunch of stuff that just sort of...ends...without a particularly satisfying conclusion.

It's frustrating because it feels like it's 75% there in so many ways.

HOWEVER! The biggest crime is not allowing you to at least hide your stupid hat. Geralt didn't have to deal with only ever finding sparkly light blue cowboy hats.

57 minutes ago, K said:

Honestly, I would change more or less everything. The elements of a really top tier action game are in there, it's just that the balance is completely out of whack. When playing through the game, I got to the point where you had to rescue Evelyn Parker from the Maelstrom hideout, and the various systems seemed to be working perfectly. There was a really nice risk/reward system, whereby you could stealth your way through, but also shoot your way out if things went wrong. The stealth was challenging and fun if you used all your abilities, and the combat was intense and very hard, but doable. It was incredibly satisfying.

After that, as I levelled up, the game seemed to get gradually easier and easier. My abilities got more and more powerful to the point where I could stand outside a building and kill/incapacitate everyone inside using hacks at no risk to myself; I could pick everyone off with a sniper rifle that fired homing bullets and killed with one hit; I could walk in and smash everyone to pieces with my various assault rifles, pistols and combat hacks. The long-foreshadowed fight with the final boss was over in about ten seconds, I was so OP.

The gear and weapon mods are ridiculously OP and nonsensical. You can craft an armour mod, stick it in a pair of plastic sunglasses, and you're suddenly bulletproof. You pick up thousands of health items that you can just chug endlessly in combat. You can stick a non-lethal mod into a machine gun that fires incendiary rounds, and can just hose people down with it, with no risk of killing anyone.

If it were up to me, I'd want the game to be challenging throughout (or at least, have the option of making it challenging). Make the cyberdeck less powerful, or at least add some kind of significant cooldown or drawbacks to its various powers (i.e. if you upload the contagious hack to people that propagates between people and kills them, have it alert every single one to your location, so that you either have to hold them off or evade them until it takes them all down). Have the main bosses scale with your power, and maybe have super-hard side-missions or gang hideouts that you can only tackle with end-game gear. I'd get rid of the stupid system whereby you find three guns of the same make and model with wildly varying power, so that one barely tickles someone and another will kill them if you graze them. Like, it's not Destiny. The progression should be through building up your skill and abilities, like in the RPG, rather than in guns and shellsuits that magically get more powerful as you progress.

Ranting a bit, so I'll stop now. I absolutely loved the game, but the game mechanics were so loose they fell off by about halfway through the game.

Yeah once you get to about level 30 something the game becomes laughably easy even on Very Hard with no clothes on. I've been upgrading my Legendary Overture every time I level up, and it one-shots almost all enemies with a centre mass shot with a silencer on. Headshots from stealth are instakills every time. Plus I can jump 30 feet into the air which makes areas like the industrial area and the Southeast sprawl impossible to die in - if you get into trouble you can just leap over a building in a single bound. Plus plus I have 15-second invisibility :lol:

I've given up on this, and I very rarely do that with games. I think it looks absolutely hideous. I'm not talking about it looking last-gen. Just that the look and feel of the city makes it an environment I don't want to be in. Again, not because it's designed that way; plenty of games put you in a hellscape that's still fun to explore. Night City just looks really, really, really bad.

I'd have persevered through the crashes, shonky controls, confusing UI, badly-explained mission objectives etc. if the city had been an envirionment I wanted to explore on a visual level. This is kind of inexplicable, because the Witcher 3 was gorgeous.

1 hour ago, abc said:

I've given up on this, and I very rarely do that with games. I think it looks absolutely hideous. I'm not talking about it looking last-gen. Just that the look and feel of the city makes it an environment I don't want to be in. Again, not because it's designed that way; plenty of games put you in a hellscape that's still fun to explore. Night City just looks really, really, really bad.

I'd have persevered through the crashes, shonky controls, confusing UI, badly-explained mission objectives etc. if the city had been an envirionment I wanted to explore on a visual level. This is kind of inexplicable, because the Witcher 3 was gorgeous.

I played and completed this game at launch on PC (after paying £50 arghh! ) and thought it looked really really nice. I had very little bugs either, but I think my pc must have brute forced it way through a lot of the problems at the time. I do remember though that the city looked amazing with all the neon especially when it rained in HDR. I am surprised you thought it looked hideous.

Yeah there are a lot of valid criticisms you can level at this game but the city is genuinely its biggest achievement - it's the best city ever put in a video game so far.

The NPC animations are shonky and the dialogue gets repeated but the actual environments are incredible.

I completed the game once, and hope to return if CDPR polishes the **** out of the game. It was fun to explore Night City, and it actually made me pause to ponder on things like capitalism, exploitation, and consumer culture. I still dont like the cut scenes, hated them in Metro and hate them in Cyberpunk. Unpolished gem/10

25 minutes ago, Thor said:

gogwho.gif

I didn’t know him until he started uploading on Youtube under the Action Button channel. His stuff is definitely love or hate, this is the sixth game he has done in this style.

I was driving into the covered part of our Ikea carpark last week. I checked my mirror and there was a lorry going around the roundabout which I'd just come off myself. The sunlight caught on the side of his window and shone directly into my eyes through my mirror.

The precise way that the light behaved instantly reminded me of Cyberpunk 2077. There were parts where I thought the lights had glitched, but no, that was just the raytracing doing its thing.

On 20/10/2021 at 18:32, K said:

Hopefully the next-gen update involves them reworking and rebalancing the game's systems, along with beefing up the visuals.

I'd love this, but I doubt they will do it. The Witcher 3 also shares similar issues.

It's going to take the PC version, a community, and an actual creation kit released by CDPR for said community to build mods with.

I get the feeling they want to go the GTAO route with CP2077 where they will be monetising absolutely everything and anything they can. A bunch of talented people fixing the base game to turn into into a GOAT experience, as well as producing lots of quality content for absolutely free (by quality I mean better than CDPR themselves) is probably not on their wishlist, at all.

They're crazy. Imagine how much money Skyrim has made for Bethesda with them taking that route over the past ten years.

This is one of the game's I'm playing at the moment and i'm enjoying it ^_^ I'm only playing the base PS4 game on the PS5, but it's fun enough, can tell it's not fully polished and still plenty of bugs i.e. Everytime I hack into a computer at the moment, I complete the hack then float up in the air. Everytime i've been inside a building so hit the ceiling, hope to god this doesn't happen to a computer outside of a building 😀

I suspect I will complete it, may even get the trophies if they are simple enough but sadly I think it will be a one playthrough kinda thing, a lot of the side stuff is very samey, the storyline is good fun and I do like the side stories for the like's of Judy etc (I haven't done Panam's yet, it's going to be the next one I think).

Overall i'd say it's a 6.5 out of 10 at the moment, ^_^ might creap up a bit as I really move along with the main story.

Just watched the (spoilerific) 'what I liked' chapter of Tim Rogers' review, wow, there are some side stories/options I had no idea about and I thought I'd been fairly thorough.

(A big takeaway from that chapter is the story/quest structure is really clever and something other open world games should learn from. In terms of achieving the old-timey CRPG goal of giving every player a unique experience based on their choices it acquits itself very well.)

As I've probably said before in this thread, they could make a shit tonne of DLC, expandalone sequels etc. in Night City.

I don't think there's any realistic chance of a mod scene creating story mission content as good as the main game even if they did have tools, not for a good few years anyway.

What nags at me is that I suspect the only reason the city is so good is that they were planning on some GTA Online style infinite money printer rather than Witcher DLC treatment, but oh well.

The Tim Rogers thing is wild, I went for the discourse which was mostly about Keanu and then another one which was a deconstruction of cyberpunk then like an hour on the authenticity of jackets so...okay.