IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

4 minutes ago, cavalcade said:

The map view doesn't appear to zoom out for me when driving.... Just me or another fucked patch?

I had a quick look earlier and it’s the same for me. It’s not off by default or anything stupid, is it? I only got 5 minutes with it, so didn’t have chance to check.

11 hours ago, Steve McQueef said:

Janky as fuck.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if there's ever a time when it's not perfectly accurate to throw that into a post in this thread!

It's now been so long since I took a break from this (only really because some other things came out and distracted me) that I may just wait for the NG version, start again, and try and do a few things a bit differently while I'm at it. The patches may not be exactly perfect so far but the overall direction of travel is right. I'd be at least a little optimistic that by the end of the year that there'll be a NG version sorted sufficiently well that the implementation is finally fully up to speed with their ambition.

Just now, Stevie said:

I think it has been blown out of proportions. The game was a bloody mess when it launched but its not the end of the world. They are still miles above EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda. 

The bugs I can deal with really - they were never especially bad on the PC, and it's really pretty stable now anyway.

What I still can't deal with it the mission structure and the whole way they decided to implement the main quest v side quests. I find it shockingly bad, and as an incredibly sad nerd when it comes to playing RPGs and properly getting into the character and trying to work out the logical ways to get through these things, it's made my ocd fly off the scale. It genuinely feels like they had one team for the main story and another one for everything else and they decided they'd never, ever speak to each other because they wanted to 'surprise' one and all with how 'cool' a mission was. For me, it's absolutely atmosphere destroying. 

Also - and something CDPR have never worked out - the UI is amongst the worst ever in a game. It's almost as if they purposely delight in offering the user the most bizarre and unwieldy set of menus to do stuff in because...well, they were pretty bad in Witcher 1, 2 and 3 but just not quite awful enough to truly make you swear profusely.

Also - B for crouch. B for skip cutscene. 

CP2077 is not a bad game. It has some wonderful moments, but it is still just really, really fucking disappointing. 

I feel it's biggest problem is they wanted to tell a fairly linear story but stuck standard open world stuff in, and ended up throwing in half-baked GTA stuff like police and lame missions for padding because that's what they believed the world wanted.

4 minutes ago, Festoon said:

I feel it's biggest problem is they wanted to tell a fairly linear story but stuck standard open world stuff in, and ended up throwing in half-baked GTA stuff like police and lame missions for padding because that's what they believed the world wanted.

plus, driving around the city is fucking sick but other than the races, driving with the nomads, and that one bit where you have to chase a van nothing happens with vehicles. It’s just slow fast travel. No one pursues you, you don’t pursue anyone. Lame

@ZOK

Spoiler

I have a chip in my head so I spoke to a dolphin to find out what was on it, and then I climbed into the rafters of a big dome and the ninja chasing me cut his own hand off and fell to his death. Also Molly Millions is good at dodging

wasnt impressed

I think it was the UI that slowly pushed me further and further away from the game, just the thought of having to wrestle with my ever growing inventory and stats etc. using that thing just made me not want to load the game, it felt too much like work. 

16 hours ago, Stevie said:

I think it has been blown out of proportions. The game was a bloody mess when it launched but its not the end of the world. They are still miles above EA, Ubisoft and Bethesda. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, in a row I played Watch Dogs Legion, this, then Hitman 3 on launch.

Cyberpunk had the least consequential bugs of the 3 on launch. And it's so far better than any of the Gamebryo games that we're all obliged to pretend don't have bug sections on their wikis for every single mission and character it's not even funny.

But the internet decided.

@JoeK makes some perfectly good points but bugs? On anything other than maybe a very base PS4? Nah. Wasn't on release, can't imagine it's worse now.

3 hours ago, Dudley said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, in a row I played Watch Dogs Legion, this, then Hitman 3 on launch.

Cyberpunk had the least consequential bugs of the 3 on launch. And it's so far better than any of the Gamebryo games that we're all obliged to pretend don't have bug sections on their wikis for every single mission and character it's not even funny.

But the internet decided.

@JoeK makes some perfectly good points but bugs? On anything other than maybe a very base PS4? Nah. Wasn't on release, can't imagine it's worse now.

Well Sony decided to remove it from their store so I can imagine it must have been pretty bad, I can’t remember another game to have had that happen. 

57 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Well Sony decided to remove it from their store so I can imagine it must have been pretty bad, I can’t remember another game to have had that happen. 

I didnt have any real bugs on my launch PS4 but the game looked like I was watching old CCTV footage it was so muddy and grainy, the framerate was appalling, and half the time buildings or the road or textures or lighting just didn't exist or there was weird clipping etc. I had this perpetual issue where my hair would obscure my vision, and the only way I could get rid of it was by putting on and removing (or vice versa) a pair of glasses

Fucking strange

The withdrawal from the PS store seems to have been a combination of the dreadful state of it on base consoles and CDPR's sudden and unacceptably generous refund policy.

Of course, you can hardly excuse Sony here: performance on base consoles is something they specifically require and verify and they should never have waved this through.

I popped back into the game last night, on a whim, and the latest patch seems to have emptied the city again for me on PS5. It started off a bit like this, in the early days, but then they increased the population in previous patches and it all felt a lot more lifelike. I've no idea if this is another hamfisted attempt at improving performance but it's fairly poor to see the state of it flip-flopping like this. (There's a Reddit thread about it here, for example.)

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

CDPR delisted it, didn't they? Like I don't see how that's weaponised as a negative, when it's the company getting ahead of complaints and a much more consumer-friendly approach than used by any competitors.

Like Activision had a DLC just break and lock all players out of the game for 10 days around the same time as the Cyberpunk launch - did they stop selling the game even though no one could even load up the thing they brought - a much more severe issue than any of the open world jank in Cyberpunk? Did they fuck.

EA just had an issue with an online-only game being DDOSed into the ground and unplayable for literal weeks, did they remove the game from sale considering no one could even load it up? Did they fuck.

Sony delisted it. No idea where you got the impression that it was voluntary - I think it very much wasn't! CDPR did move to offer refunds shortly after release, which is maybe what you're thinking of, but as I mentioned earlier that would seem very likely to be one reason that Sony took such extreme action, as it was contrary to their policies and didn't seem to have been agreed with them in advance. Microsoft didn't pull the game but they did offer refunds to anyone unhappy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-18/sony-pulls-cyberpunk-from-playstation-store-after-public-outcry

I think casting CDPR as brave developers just trying to do right by the players, or certainly the last gen players, is pretty far wide of the mark.

14 hours ago, Stanley said:

I think it was the UI that slowly pushed me further and further away from the game, just the thought of having to wrestle with my ever growing inventory and stats etc. using that thing just made me not want to load the game, it felt too much like work. 

I never understood whether I was selling a good gun or not, the sorting system was so poor.

4 hours ago, hmm said:

The withdrawal from the PS store seems to have been a combination of the dreadful state of it on base consoles and CDPR's sudden and unacceptably generous refund policy.

Of course, you can hardly excuse Sony here: performance on base consoles is something they specifically require and verify and they should never have waved this through.

And very nice of Sony to give MS game of the year 2020 as an exclusive too.

On 23/08/2021 at 17:13, Floshenbarnical said:

I had this perpetual issue where my hair would obscure my vision, and the only way I could get rid of it was by putting on and removing (or vice versa) a pair of glasses

Fucking strange

Bit unfair to blame CDPR for this. 

On 22/08/2021 at 17:36, Floshenbarnical said:

Having now read everything cyberpunk William Gibson ever wrote I have an even greater appreciation of this fucking game

oh my god

such an accomplishment 

Johnny Mnemonic is a terrible short story though

I put the shotgun in an Adidas bag and padded it out with four pairs of tennis socks, not my style at all, but that was what I was aiming for: If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think Johnny Mnemonic is shit, then fuck off. 

1 hour ago, Pob said:

Bit unfair to blame CDPR for this. 

This is a good post but I have my hair tied up in real life and the game too! I’m like Violet Beaudelaire in that regard - when I need to concentrate it has to go up

1 hour ago, K said:

I put the shotgun in an Adidas bag and padded it out with four pairs of tennis socks, not my style at all, but that was what I was aiming for: If they think you're crude, go technical; if they think Johnny Mnemonic is shit, then fuck off. 

well ok mr grumpy

i like the writing but the plot left me cold. Maybe i overhyped it before I read it

15 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

This is a good post but I have my hair tied up in real life and the game too! I’m like Violet Beaudelaire in that regard - when I need to concentrate it has to go up

well ok mr grumpy

i like the writing but the plot left me cold. Maybe i overhyped it before I read it

Sorry! Misjudged the tone of that post.