IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

I've just started on this on my Xbox Series X, it was a game I'd got for Xmas, but only having a base Xbox One at the time, I didn't even try.  Everything seems to be running nicely on the X .  7 hours or so in and I've only seen 1 person walk through an elevator door.

I was reading a few of the comments over the last few pages, and they seem to backup what I've been feeling.  I was kind of expecting GTA: CyberCity, but it seems to be far more focused on the narrative and story.   I did some side-quests, but they felt quite distant from the main thrust of the story.  I've just hit Act 2, so things have just got interesting.  Really enjoying it so far, I've become quite sucked in to the story and what's going to happen next.

On 21/06/2021 at 13:29, Timmo said:

Very tempted to grab this now, I can't see it changing much on PS5 beyond slight graphical improvements.

Does it take advantage of the SSD properly on the ps5 in its current state do you know? 

By that I mean the near instant loading as you see on native ps5 games or is it just an improved load time as you see on things like GoW and days gone etc 

3 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Does it take advantage of the SSD properly on the ps5 in its Surrey state do you know? 

By that I mean the near instant loading as you see on native ps5 games or is it just an improved load time as you see on things like GoW and days gone etc 

I started it last night and the loading is jarring as it stands, regular 10 seconds plus which ruins immersion. Although not as much as the general slight jankiness.

I started on hard, ie the third of four difficulties, and already feel a bit annoyed at the gunplay. I might put it down to normal if that means enemies won't survive headshots. 

54 minutes ago, Timmo said:

regular 10 seconds plus which ruins immersion.

I was just about to say, even though it isn't native to the next gen consoles yet, the load times are excellent!

I haven't tried it on the last gen consoles, but I can imagine it'll be nowhere near 10 seconds there.

Edit: Actually, why are you getting regular 10 second loading times? It just loads in at the start of a session for me (if I've kicked it out of Quick Resume), then I don't see another loading screen unless I die.

Just now, JPL said:

I was just about to say, even though it isn't native to the next gen consoles yet, the load times are excellent!

I haven't tried it on the last gen consoles, but I can imagine it'll be nowhere near 10 seconds there.

I've been spoiled by Returnal, probably. It's amazing how quickly I've gone from not minding 10 seconds to it feeling like ages. Much like hating action games at 30fps. This gen has raised the bar. 

8 minutes ago, Hexx said:

The loading on PS5 isn’t particularly impressive 

The relatively quick loading on the PS5 was one of the few positives at launch. Last time I checked they had drastically worsened. It seems that in the race to getting the PS4 version over the hurdle, the "back compatible" one has been sacrificed.

1 hour ago, Mr.Crowley said:

The relatively quick loading on the PS5 was one of the few positives at launch. Last time I checked they had drastically worsened. It seems that in the race to getting the PS4 version over the hurdle, the "back compatible" one has been sacrificed.

I assumed it was rose tinted memories that made me think it was better at launch

7 hours ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Had this on my GOG Galaxy for a while now and forgot but it updated yesterday and reminded me. Thinking of giving it a go after the Euros are done. Quick question: keyboard and mouse or Xbox pad?

as thor said, it does play great with a pad BUT, you need to make some adjustments to the settings, as the defaults are trash!

On 22/06/2021 at 10:41, disperse and recoagulate said:

Had this on my GOG Galaxy for a while now and forgot but it updated yesterday and reminded me. Thinking of giving it a go after the Euros are done. Quick question: keyboard and mouse or Xbox pad?

Personally, I play with keyboard and mouse with a pad on standby for any driving I might do. It's one of those games that seamlessly switches over from one control method to the other, so it's been great for me playing like that.

22 hours ago, JPL said:

Edit: Actually, why are you getting regular 10 second loading times? It just loads in at the start of a session for me (if I've kicked it out of Quick Resume), then I don't see another loading screen unless I die.

Series X will by default speed up loading of last gen titles. PS5 only if there’s a meaningful PS5 specific patch: helps guarantee compatibility if they try and match original I/O rate I assume.

On 22/06/2021 at 10:41, disperse and recoagulate said:

Unless your PC is in your living room and you're playing from the sofa (or have some other accessibility issue), it's a first person game, so KB+M obviously. It's perfectly playable with a pad but if you've paid extra to make it look nice and run smoothly I don't know why you'd sit at a desk and poke at the game world like a bomb control robot when you could be looking around freely.

It continually amazes me how much detail there is in this game. I loaded it up for the first time in ages last night to check out the new patch, and discovered there are working gun vending machines down the road from V's apartment. You can pay 6 eurodollars, and get some 3D-printed bright pink plastic zip gun. Completely pointless, but also a brilliant piece of worldbuilding.

Random stuff I found on my last aimless wander:

- The convenience store from the early braindance tutorial, complete with conversation calling back to it

- The 5th St. gang having a fight club down a motorway exit tunnel

- That the "Grand Imperial Mall" neon sign had been broken to read "Animal"

- The Night City prison and police HQ, neither of which I'd found in my main playthrough

The main story missions in this are quit good and I like the characters - but overall seem short and then mostly they characters disappear (e.g. River - might have been different if we went romance).

But like the rest it just doesn't gel into the whole very well.,

Same here, I just hit it as well. I think I will just finish off one of the main side quests as per forumite K's suggestion and go see an ending, then come back and rinse everything and get a different ending. Having only recently done the story leading up to this point, I feel like it will spoil any momentum if I go off and do loads of stuff now. I already did 4 or 5 significant sidequests since hitting the point of no return and I'm already losing focus and forgetting what was going on. Its a very strange pacing issue, I know they wanted a shorter story for this one but I feel like it sells the game very short with the main story's length and lots of disconnected characters and events. Not that its a bad main story by any means but for me it has felt like a rather disparate set of events, where half the time I can't remember the characters and prior events because I've been toddling off around Night City in between segments. Witcher 3's story felt much more cohesive and the characters much better established.

Anyway aside from that it took me a while to get back into the game. The bugs still really annoy me and take me out of the immersion a lot of the time, just constant little things like animation snaps, floating objects, people being stuck in midair, falling cars out of the sky, you name it. It may be better than it was but its still jarring in its technical failings. But after quite some hours I did start to get back into the vibe of Night City and did some pretty good sidequests. I've been doing some of the badlands stuff, pursued more of Pan Ams line and finished off the Delamaine line, amongst numerous minor gigs.

I also recently got Pan Ams sniper which is pretty OP (though I still think my Neromara tech sniper that fires through walls is better), and got my intelligence up to 20 and bought a new rig, so my hacking skills are pretty mad. I completed one gig where you need to take out a guy in a garage complex - and I did it purely through hacking. I had parked up nearby, hid behind my car and then used CCTV hack to spot enemies, then use cyberphycosis to make them fight each other, set loose contagion on some of them, hacked a turret to manual control and mowed down some more, and finally found the last poor sod inside via CCTV and blew out his synapses with a hack. Pretty OP but it did make me feel like a bad-ass. Other missions I have just runned and gunned with a combo of sniper rifle and auto tracking SMG. Stealth missions kind of suck but are satisfying. I'm still stuck wearing a ridiculous golden glitter cowboy hat because its got the best armour in the game (at least that I've found for about 20 hours). My V looks like a twat.

At least the performance on PS5 has been pretty good, it does drop a bit when driving, but the load times fucking suck. I had to lower the difficulty to Hard from Very Hard because I got so sick of the insta-deaths and subsequent 30 second loading times. Overall it looks quite good on PS5 though I wouldn't say its wowed me too much, I guess I'm used to the overall visuals since playing it on PS4 and the PS5 has had some amazing graphical games so I'm not as blown away as I was when the game came out. I think Cyberpunk looks best when its raining or dark, that's when it really looks amazing, at least on Playstation.

I hope CD Projekt doesnt focus their attention on pointless shit like Cop AI and instead rebalances the game better and make it more user friendly, like the UI. Looking forward to finishing it off so I can go back and really go deep into the remaining side quests, there are some major ones I still have barely touched, like the mayor and Judy's line, plus I heard about this River guy from here but still haven't met him.

20 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

Same here, I just hit it as well. I think I will just finish off one of the main side quests as per forumite K's suggestion and go see an ending, then come back and rinse everything and get a different ending. Having only recently done the story leading up to this point, I feel like it will spoil any momentum if I go off and do loads of stuff now. I already did 4 or 5 significant sidequests since hitting the point of no return and I'm already losing focus and forgetting what was going on. Its a very strange pacing issue, I know they wanted a shorter story for this one but I feel like it sells the game very short with the main story's length and lots of disconnected characters and events. Not that its a bad main story by any means but for me it has felt like a rather disparate set of events, where half the time I can't remember the characters and prior events because I've been toddling off around Night City in between segments. Witcher 3's story felt much more cohesive and the characters much better established.

Anyway aside from that it took me a while to get back into the game. The bugs still really annoy me and take me out of the immersion a lot of the time, just constant little things like animation snaps, floating objects, people being stuck in midair, falling cars out of the sky, you name it. It may be better than it was but its still jarring in its technical failings. But after quite some hours I did start to get back into the vibe of Night City and did some pretty good sidequests. I've been doing some of the badlands stuff, pursued more of Pan Ams line and finished off the Delamaine line, amongst numerous minor gigs.

I also recently got Pan Ams sniper which is pretty OP (though I still think my Neromara tech sniper that fires through walls is better), and got my intelligence up to 20 and bought a new rig, so my hacking skills are pretty mad. I completed one gig where you need to take out a guy in a garage complex - and I did it purely through hacking. I had parked up nearby, hid behind my car and then used CCTV hack to spot enemies, then use cyberphycosis to make them fight each other, set loose contagion on some of them, hacked a turret to manual control and mowed down some more, and finally found the last poor sod inside via CCTV and blew out his synapses with a hack. Pretty OP but it did make me feel like a bad-ass. Other missions I have just runned and gunned with a combo of sniper rifle and auto tracking SMG. Stealth missions kind of suck but are satisfying. I'm still stuck wearing a ridiculous golden glitter cowboy hat because its got the best armour in the game (at least that I've found for about 20 hours). My V looks like a twat.

At least the performance on PS5 has been pretty good, it does drop a bit when driving, but the load times fucking suck. I had to lower the difficulty to Hard from Very Hard because I got so sick of the insta-deaths and subsequent 30 second loading times. Overall it looks quite good on PS5 though I wouldn't say its wowed me too much, I guess I'm used to the overall visuals since playing it on PS4 and the PS5 has had some amazing graphical games so I'm not as blown away as I was when the game came out. I think Cyberpunk looks best when its raining or dark, that's when it really looks amazing, at least on Playstation.

I hope CD Projekt doesnt focus their attention on pointless shit like Cop AI and instead rebalances the game better and make it more user friendly, like the UI. Looking forward to finishing it off so I can go back and really go deep into the remaining side quests, there are some major ones I still have barely touched, like the mayor and Judy's line, plus I heard about this River guy from here but still haven't met him.

I did that garage complex the same way, except I never left my vehicle - you can hack from your car. I did a sabotage mission in the badlands the same way 

I seem to be on my usual side-mission "must-finish-em-all" quest that I often seem to get involved in for open world type games.  My slight annoyance is the darkness in some areas.  I've set and calibrated HDR on my monitor, adjusted the in-game things, and I can still feel like I'm fumbling around in the dark in some interior locations.  I do find it weird that the cars seem to have rear lights, but no front headlights!?

This aside, still enjoying the odd mix of side missions, gigs and what not.  Some really interesting side quests and some throwaway stuff.  I am particularly hopeless at punching people.  I needed the gorilla arms thing to beat the twins and then it feels like I'm randomly mashing buttons.  I guess the problem is that I didn't actually use any fists since the combat simulator in the very opening of the game.  I'll get back to the main story at some point and see what's going on :)