IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

On 03/06/2021 at 23:39, footle said:

On a new RTX GPU at 1080p you’re probably not going to bother turning DLSS on and it’ll blow you away

Why would he not turn on DLSS, at any resolution? It's free performance. On a mobile 3070 the game is going to need every bit of help it can get for 60fps.

I'd do anything to keep Psycho RTX turned on. Global Illumination isn't merely realistic lighting, it's real lighting.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, JPL said:

What are the ‘big fixes’ people are waiting for? I’ve played it through twice now and can’t say there’s been anything that’s ruined my fun.

I’m waiting for the next gen patch. Started it on Xbox Series X and was mightily  impressed but decided to hold out and come back to it. Likelihood I’ll only play once so wanted a touch more bells & whistles 

1 hour ago, JPL said:

What are the ‘big fixes’ people are waiting for? I’ve played it through twice now and can’t say there’s been anything that’s ruined my fun.

The current gen patch for Metro Exodus just came out if you want to see what a difference such an upgrade can make. I'm hoping for similarly impressive current gen update to Cyberpunk.

I was just hoping for any kind of new features, quality of life improvements, rebalancing etc in the latest patch. So far its 6 months in and all we've had is bug fixes and tiny quality of life improvements. No point in waiting around now though, next gen console upgrades are way off and god knows how long it will be before any significant features are added, considering Sony are putting this back on sale on PS Store. Time to get back into Night City!

It's not even that - they're actively making the game worse:

Fixed an issue where after killing a NPC and stealing their car, their body could get stuck in the car.

That's my favourite feature!

More seriously, it's slightly incredible that it's taken this long to fix that one because it happens literally every time for me. Maybe I'm just a psychopath and everyone else asks politely instead?

1 hour ago, Alan Stock said:

I was just hoping for any kind of new features, quality of life improvements, rebalancing etc in the latest patch. So far its 6 months in and all we've had is bug fixes and tiny quality of life improvements. No point in waiting around now though, next gen console upgrades are way off and god knows how long it will be before any significant features are added, considering Sony are putting this back on sale on PS Store. Time to get back into Night City!

For me, I'm in no hurry. So many games to choose from. I just finished BioShock 2, currently playing Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. After that, Minerva's Den and the Metro Exodus expansion with fancy graphics. Once the current gen upgrades are out, I'll squeeze Cyberpunk in-between other games somewhere. Don't think they're planning next-gen upgrades though, the PlayStation 6 et al are *way* off.

39 minutes ago, hmm said:

It's not even that - they're actively making the game worse:

That's my favourite feature!

Every now and then I'll check out the intro mission to see whether they've fixed Man Bun Top Knot walking through the elevator doors. So far, no dice. But it's a hella atmospheric opening though. I think I'm going to enjoy this whenever I get around to it :)

I did mean current gen upgrades, I'm still in 'next gen' mindset because I only just got a PS5. 

Just been playing and there are still bugs, framerate drops and suchlike. The first time I went into the inventory I couldn't press X to open up my clothing slots. After a minute or two going in and out of the inventory it started working again. I wish there was a story or mission recap because its tough dropping right back into the main story and remembering who is who, what happened in flashback events and so on. Going to plough on with the main story now, I'm doing netrunning stuff in Pacifica at the moment. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

The current gen patch for Metro Exodus just came out if you want to see what a difference such an upgrade can make. I'm hoping for similarly impressive current gen update to Cyberpunk.

I’m doubting it’s on Gamepass? I played the original on there not so long back, so it’d be really good to see the difference.

I did have a quick look at the digital foundry video, but I think it’d be more impressive playing it myself.

19 minutes ago, JPL said:

I’m doubting it’s on Gamepass? I played the original on there not so long back, so it’d be really good to see the difference.

I did have a quick look at the digital foundry video, but I think it’d be more impressive playing it myself.

I think it has already left...but I can't check right now

Yes Metro has  been and gone. I played it on the One X on GP way back and dropped it fairly quickly.

Played the beginning with the upgrades last night and I was hooked. OMG at the fire as I lit spider infested webs with my lighter and marvelled at the amount of detail in the world. Super smooth 60 made a big difference too. Glad I waited. 

Its on sale for another 13 hours in the Deals Unlocked sale.

£20.99 for basic version

£31.79 for the Gold Edition featuring 2 DLC Expansions.

edit: oops thought I was in the Metro thread.

I presume the bulk of the improvements in 1.23 are most noticable on the base consoles.

I did notice some changes (I think?) when giving it a spin last night on PS4Pro. I think they're reworked the streaming/mem management quite a lot. The pause menu and summoning vehicles are now generally much more responsive, though I did notice the radio sometimes doesn't load in at all now until the streaming has had a chance to catch up. I think they've slightly reduced the amount of traffic and NPCs again.

I also noticed quite a few new billboard ads. And possibly new (or maybe just higher res and more noticable on console now?) tshirt/clothing designs and greater variety of gang murals in Valentino's territory. I'm guessing they're continuing to work on the world for the DLC and some of the new stuff has just got folded into the main game?

I could be completely wrong and just seeing a new area on foot for the first time / noticing details  afresh having not played for a while.

(Also I played for ages last night essentially doing a Night City pub crawl. I'd forgotten how comfortable this game world is to just muck about in.)

I think I wish they'd not done the 'skip 6 months later' bit at the end of the prologue and let you actually build yourself up into the main story a bit more. I think it would have been fantastic, and then allowed the game to breathe a little bit more than I think it does. 

Felt like I've waited long enough for updates and started again on PC.

It's such an amazing place to be in game wise. I have barely touched the main quest again and just been bouncing from marker to marker having a great time with the occasional bug still causing annoyance.

I'd say nothing stands out as amazing within the systems themselves (stealth/combat/driving all feel ok but nowhere near best in class) but it all hangs together brilliantly in the main.

I am the sort of player who has to tackle everything and finish on the main quest line (piece of my brain just doesn't want to play in a world where the main quest is done), is there a sensible point to play up to and then start your own diversions?

I got as far as Mr Silverhand joining my party last time and thought that was probably it but want to be sure there aren't other things locked behind the main quest.

The actual story is relatively short, and you get possibly the most unambiguous warning ever that you're approaching the point of no return, so I wouldn't worry about that. I would say that the urgency of the main story is diminished a bit by taking several weeks off to do everything - in retrospect, I think I would have enjoyed the story more if I'd mainlined it, then gone back to do the rest of the side-missions. But then again, this was probably one of the most enjoyable and engrossing games I've ever played, so probably not worth second-guessing whether I'd have enjoyed it more if I'd done it a different way. It's a huge open city, designed to be enjoyed however you want.

Booted this back up yesterday after seeing it's had a few patches. It definitely runs better! Thing is, there's still so much jank that's minor in the grand scheme of things but just seems so easily fixable.. Mods still don't disappear after you scrap them, quest markers still get muddled up and stuck if you track more than one thing, the quickhack static noise still gets stuck playing until you go back into scan mode, people still can't sit in chairs properly. It's all minor, almost trivial stuff but it's all been there since day one and you have to wonder how stretched they are to be unable to paper over these cracks. It's such a shame because there's a brilliant core here and it may never get the game it deserves.