Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

One thing I've found useful for inventory management is to sort weapons by DPS using the filter, lowest to highest. Then you can just spam sell to get rid of all of those shitty guns. It gives you a confirmation prompt for weapons already equipped and unique weapons so the only thing you need to be careful of is accidentally selling backup weapons.

I got the weight upgrade and I pick up everything, though for white junk like ashtrays and crap I've stopped being so fastidious. I make crafting material automatically but I've never even had to craft anything that needs common materials, you're overflowing in common materials and items anyway just by playing normally.

The worst things to sell are drinks, on console whenever you have a stack you have to go through an extra 'confirm amount' screen for each one. 

For the junk to crafting materials perk I like to think V has installed an industrial shredder in his tummy and just shoves everything through a slit across his abdomen, nom nom nom!

On the ugly / beautiful question, I'd say about 90% of the game is properly stunningly beautiful, and the remaining 10% is distractingly rough. You get sections that look absolutely incredible, genuinely like some kind of matte painting that you can actually walk into and explore, like the interior of the Afterlife, and then you'll come across a bit that looks like this:

spacer.png

I mean, it's not *ugly*, and its an area that you're supposed to walk straight through on your way to a mission, but it's pretty spartan. I saw this after a scripted taxi journey and after disembarking, immediately wanted to explore my surroundings, only to find it all looked a bit rough. The other issue is that the pedestrians have horrible-looking animation, and AI that makes it seem like they're coming up on powerful acid - they tend to walk in one direction then get confused and turn round and walk back again. It's deeply unconvincing, and knackers the immersion, especially the way they swivel around like gun turrets, and slide around to get out of each others' way.

The remaining 90% is gorgeous, but that 10% casts a long shadow.

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Okay, thanks all I’ll try that - so deconstructing weapons is a manual selection then? Does that give me ammo or is that something to build also?

I don’t think deconstructing a weapon gives you ammo, but you can craft ammo. Under the Crafting tab, the ammo items are at the bottom of the list.

Deconstructing items gives you crafting xp, plus the ability to then craft basics out of necessity or to craft and sell more valuable items at a vendor point.

Really enjoying just moseying around doing side jobs and, with my high tech skill, extremely frequent jacking.  When the overnight rain clears and leaves puddles in the road, it's all very easy on the eye, with ocasional brutal episodes spoiling the mood somewhat. 

Not sure my puny body strength will support too many major mods but the jumpy ankles are wonderful. 

23 minutes ago, K said:

On the ugly / beautiful question, I'd say about 90% of the game is properly stunningly beautiful, and the remaining 10% is distractingly rough. You get sections that look absolutely incredible, genuinely like some kind of matte painting that you can actually walk into and explore, like the interior of the Afterlife, and then you'll come across a bit that looks like this:

I mean, it's not *ugly*, and its an area that you're supposed to walk straight through on your way to a mission, but it's pretty spartan. I saw this after a scripted taxi journey and after disembarking, immediately wanted to explore my surroundings, only to find it all looked a bit rough. The other issue is that the pedestrians have horrible-looking animation, and AI that makes it seem like they're coming up on powerful acid - they tend to walk in one direction then get confused and turn round and walk back again. It's deeply unconvincing, and knackers the immersion, especially the way they swivel around like gun turrets, and slide around to get out of each others' way.

The remaining 90% is gorgeous, but that 10% casts a long shadow.

This is probably a better articulated version of what I was trying to say. 

7 minutes ago, smac said:

Is it? Don't think I found anything much.

There's a side mission that takes you to that location - took me a couple of minutes to work out what was lying near the mission target.

It's an Iconic weapon, for me it was worth the trip and also for some well-deserved corpse abuse

I did a side quest for Dakota last night without ever stepping foot into hostile territory. I hacked the security system and scrolled cams until I found the objective and then hacked it remotely and just walked away without alerting anyone. My gf was watching. She was like "wait, you just completed a mission without doing anything." I was like "Hell yeah I'm a G" and she said "isn't that really boring though?" so I did another sidequest where I just bumrushed everyone with a katana and dismembered them and she said "your game is disgusting" and left :lol:

Ah, I must have forgotten what I found there. I'm still rocking the Widowmaker Legendary rifle got in a much earlier mission from a scav leader; upgraded it a couple of times to 400dps, which is still decent damage and one-shots most bad guys, especially with headshots.

Beginning to pick up other weapons that do more damage now

5 minutes ago, smac said:

Ah, I must have forgotten what I found there. I'm still rocking the Widowmaker Legendary rifle got in a much earlier mission from a scav leader; upgraded it a couple of times to 400dps, which is still decent damage and one-shots most bad guys, especially with headshots.

Beginning to pick up other weapons that do more damage now

I deconstructed that. Couldn’t get on with it personally. im still cracking skulls with that bolt action rifle Panam gave me

through walls

2 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

I deconstructed that. Couldn’t get on with it personally. im still cracking skulls with that bolt action rifle Panam gave me

through walls

its all about the two bad guys lined up in a row through walls with that bad boy lol

That's my other go-to, for when I'm not trying to be sneaky. I got the double headshot trophy with it.

I say 'when'; I still have 30 hours to go on my update download, so I ain't rocking either of them just now...

Widowmaker is great for strafing groups of bad guys while aiming at head-height.

It's odd that it starts out in areas that (on console) are relatively rough looking and chug quite a lot. Some areas of the game (Pacifica, the desert, and more open bits of the city/rooftops rather than the heavily ocluded alleys/marketplaces right in the centre) look jawdropping. The lighting is incredible, even without the benefits of raytracing.

The ratio of good / distractingly crap visuals is at least better than Deus Ex 3 and 4, generic NPCs tend to look reasonably detailed rather than plasticene abominations.

I still can't get over the quality of the level design. Even trivial side gigs get unique locations with every room stuffed with detail. I'm quite far in and have never found a new mission area that feels like it's a re-use of another one, or not like a convincing real world place. Every *bathroom* has a unique layout and decor.

Compared to most open world games with 'enemy camps' snapped together from the same handful of huts, fences and guard towers it's on another planet.

I feel a bit bad for killing three Arasaka soldiers with one shot from the Overwatch rifle before they'd even had a chance to open the door of their dropship. 8-)

1 hour ago, MK-1601 said:

It's odd that it starts out in areas that (on console) are relatively rough looking and chug quite a lot. Some areas of the game (Pacifica, the desert, and more open bits of the city/rooftops rather than the heavily ocluded alleys/marketplaces right in the centre) look jawdropping. The lighting is incredible, even without the benefits of raytracing.

The ratio of good / distractingly crap visuals is at least better than Deus Ex 3 and 4, generic NPCs tend to look reasonably detailed rather than plasticene abominations.

I still can't get over the quality of the level design. Even trivial side gigs get unique locations with every room stuffed with detail. I'm quite far in and have never found a new mission area that feels like it's a re-use of another one, or not like a convincing real world place. Every *bathroom* has a unique layout and decor.

Compared to most open world games with 'enemy camps' snapped together from the same handful of huts, fences and guard towers it's on another planet.

I feel a bit bad for killing three Arasaka soldiers with one shot from the Overwatch rifle before they'd even had a chance to open the door of their dropship. 8-)

What? Fuck the corpo pigs. I sniped an entire Militech convoy that had pulled over in the desert just because they were hassling some Aldecaldos.

48 minutes ago, Welrain said:

So just finished this...say circa 60 hrs all in.  I bought a £2k PC for this and it was worth every single penny.  My opinion remains that it’s a delightful Saints Row / Witcher / Deus Ex  mashup. I’ve still got some jobs to mop up and will replay the end game at some point.  Easily my game of year...if not the game of forever.

what card did you have in there? 

Just curious about this, on ps4 I get this annoying momentum bug where if you jump up on objects the game will sometimes skeet you really fast to the left or right, sliding you over other objects in the process. It's nearly got me killed or messed up sneaking a few times. Anyone else seen this on other platforms?

3 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Just curious about this, on ps4 I get this annoying momentum bug where if you jump up on objects the game will sometimes skeet you really fast to the left or right, sliding you over other objects in the process. It's nearly got me killed or messed up sneaking a few times. Anyone else seen this on other platforms?

I think I’ve had the same on the Xbox yeah.

I had more bugs as the game went on which was a shame - T posing characters in the story missions which spoilt it a bit, audio disappearing so if no subtitles are on you’d just miss what was happening, the dialogue choice graphics (but not the text) remaining on the screen after you’d made your choice and the preview graphics of loot staying on the screen obscuring stuff.

The last few hours were littered with this meaning I had to force quit and launch it again lots but I had a pretty smooth 40 hours before that with no issues that affected the gameplay.

13 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Yes I had it on the PS5 and now PC, it's not so bad on PC but still present.

55 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

I’ve had that on Stadia too.

On a second play, and River Ward's questline is still brilliant. Had to let him down gently though, my lady V has eyes only for Judy.

Speaking of the female V, she's really grown on me, sometimes her performance comes across a little like she's just not interested, but for the most part she's actually fucking great. It's nice to see a game where both options are really good. It's the opposite of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, where both versions of the main character are utterly fucking terrible.

Going back to the game, I think I'm preferring this second play despite not doing much differently. I think it's just a case of this time I know what to expect with the story it wants to tell and can appreciate it for what it is, as opposed to it disappointing me a little on my first play for not being what I wanted.

Was doing an assassination mission for the massively ungrateful pain in the arse Regina Jones earlier, wanted to ghost it but wasn't high enough level to pick the back door lock. Spy a fire escape but the ladder is retracted (can't be hacked, the intent being, you use this as a quick escape route on the way out) and didn't have double jump yet... so summoned the tallest vehicle in my garage and drove it under and jumped up, and it worked! A stupid thing but I was so pleased my plan worked.

I do like that the objectives in side missions tend to follow real world logic (doors don't magically lock and items don't disappear based on your choices), even in cases where you're given a split second decision to act or fail the whole mission. Although it is annoying to sometimes lose a stealth bonus just by tripping an obscurely placed camera.

Done around 10 hours now on PC. Johnny silver hand has been introduced is where I'm upto. My thoughts are pretty much the main quest line is awesome, I can easily leave the rest.

You have this massive city with nothing to do in it, I find the menu system aweful and outside the main campaign I'm struggling to derive any enjoyment from it.

For me they should of compacted the playing area and increased interactivity. 

Overall still loving the atmosphere and story, just not digging the rest.