IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch

Vemsie

31 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

Apparently having all that stuff set to on just makes the game look worse from what I have read.

I'm playing on PS5 and I turned all that shit off as well, the game looks too soft with it all on. I spent so much of my first hour toggling visual settings, gamma and HDR modes, controller acceleration and deadzones I felt like a proper pc gamer for a while. 

Chromatic Aberration only really suits three games imo - Arkham Knight , Alien Isolation and Bloodborne - games that take place almost exclusively at night.

Yeah, bit glitchy on base PS4, unpatched.

Opening scene as corpo has you in front of a mirror; except it doesn't - not until your reflection pops in, then textures up over a couple of seconds.

Training scene, I could see my right hand through my leather glove. Although it was clearly still inside it as well. :blink2:

Opening mission was a breeze - stealthed through and took everyone down non-lethally. Glitch when I took down two guys carrying a body, as the body just hung there. Picked up a sweet rifle, which then disappeared completely. Nice to see some alternative ways to sneak through.

Can't seem to work out how to leave combat stance. Which is fine until you need to press the button for an elevator, because punching it does not work.

And the rigging on the right hand is borked - when I put up my dukes, the fingers twist and curl through each other in a Gigeresque nightmare. My hand looks like a bag of mutant pigs.

When you do get your normal stance back, it seems hit and miss whether you can press an elevator button. Almost seems like you have to click on the actual text in the middle of the button.

None of my clothes have images in the inventory - and neither do some weapons; I appear to have an invisible Katana. Combining guns with barrels and sights is not intuitive - that just seems like a bit of bad UI design.

Fair bit of stutter - in the car when turning a corner, when someone crosses your path. People popping in out of nowhere. People flashing into the default T position.

So far the worst thing is remaining in fighting stance - that nearly prevented me leaving my apartment block.

I don't know if I've encountered a bug or not. I had an NPC following me around for the last hour. I couldn't interact with him in any way, and he did stuff that I wouldn't want him to be doing when I just wanted to get to Afterlife and he would rather get involved in a street fight. I've saved the game to head to bed, so I'm both hoping he's gone when I load it up tomorrow, as well as kinda wanting him to just hang around for the rest of the game.

Wandering around the world, finding the huge amount of cops who don't like you being too close, and criminals who will decide to kill you if they get to see you for even a second, is a little frustrating. I'm still relatively low-levelled and new to this, stop trying to force content on me! I'm still getting some tutorial popups from time to time. And definitely have gotten some notifications in the middle of action that I'm not sure if I was meant to do anything about.

It's clearly a massively deep and complex game, and they need to introduce a lot of stuff, but I'm finding the pacing early on to be a bit ... unsure. Either I totally don't know how to play, or have managed to find some things I'm quite underlevelled for, because when a quest is listed as Moderate then I expect to be able to manage it at whatever my current level is. With any luck my NPC slave can help me out with things!

Not to be a massive apologist but I kind of like how the game currently feels like it's getting the most impressive stuff possible out of the last gen consoles, and simultaneously like it's careering toward the finish line with bits falling off like a Wacky Races car. Reminds me of Origin's DOS games.

I've had one full crash so far, and a few bits of weirdness requiring a quicksave reload. There is sometimes a weird lag on messages or objectives being updated which can make it desync and be unable to progress.

It's mental how good some of the story stuff is in terms of acting, lighting and animation. The scene where you meet the ripperdoc stood out for me. An NPC in a scene like that who isn't hamming it up and gesturing like Lee Evans, whose body language and delivery is just... naturalistic. I'm pretty sure it's in there as a direct point of comparison with the similar scenes in Deus Ex MD to show how far tech has come.

Yeah there's another scene where after a chat and going over the plan a character pats her leg and gets up in that way people do when they're getting on with something. Such a tiny detail that really stuck out to me as something you never see in video game acting. 

I'm finding it all a bit overwhelming and confusing, takes a while to get your bearings and stuff. So no wonder some reviewers weren't keen, if you had to mainline this in a few days you'd really have a bad, confusing time. 

9 minutes ago, deerokus said:

Yeah there's another scene where after a chat and going over the plan a character pats her leg and gets up in that way people do when they're getting on with something. Such a tiny detail that really stuck out to me as something you never see in video game acting. 

I'm finding it all a bit overwhelming and confusing, takes a while to get your bearings and stuff. So no wonder some reviewers weren't keen, if you had to mainline this in a few days you'd really have a bad, confusing time. 

It very much reminds me of Witcher 3 in that it gets you into open world and goes “HA!” And flings the entire map of side quests and everything you can imagine in your lap. Like, the opposite of drip-feed R* games. I like it

My biggest issue with the game so far is:

Spoiler

The branding is so on point, that when approaching nigh on every store they are all just locked doors. It is totally unreasonable of me to assume every building explorable, but with outer details so spectacular it is jarring my brain...

5 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

I don't know if I've encountered a bug or not. I had an NPC following me around for the last hour. I couldn't interact with him in any way, and he did stuff that I wouldn't want him to be doing when I just wanted to get to Afterlife and he would rather get involved in a street fight. I've saved the game to head to bed, so I'm both hoping he's gone when I load it up tomorrow, as well as kinda wanting him to just hang around for the rest of the game.

I have one following me around too. I’m unsure whether I missed some dialogue, but they were suddenly just there.

getting into my car, etc.

don’t think there was a missing wedding scene.

39 minutes ago, Graham said:

From the first couple of hours with it, it feels like the game Deus Ex would have been if it was made today.

Oh you absolute shit. I'm trying to hold off on this until the next gen version is released and you've just made the wait a million times harder.

Closest game to feeling like your actually immersed in the head wreck of ShibUya crossing in Tokyo. 

Getting a steady 60-70 FPS on ultra on the rtx 3090 maxed out. Looks absolutely insane.

I think this is the most believable game world I’ve ever played in. Incredible stuff 

5 hours ago, MK-1601 said:

Not to be a massive apologist but I kind of like how the game currently feels like it's getting the most impressive stuff possible out of the last gen consoles, and simultaneously like it's careering toward the finish line with bits falling off like a Wacky Races car. Reminds me of Origin's DOS games.

I've had one full crash so far, and a few bits of weirdness requiring a quicksave reload. There is sometimes a weird lag on messages or objectives being updated which can make it desync and be unable to progress.

It's mental how good some of the story stuff is in terms of acting, lighting and animation. The scene where you meet the ripperdoc stood out for me. An NPC in a scene like that who isn't hamming it up and gesturing like Lee Evans, whose body language and delivery is just... naturalistic. I'm pretty sure it's in there as a direct point of comparison with the similar scenes in Deus Ex MD to show how far tech has come.

CDPR have nailed the gateway from generation to generation it seems. It's like let's show what has been decent from the last eight years followed by glimpses of the future. 

Bravo CDPR, bravo! 

35 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Closest game to feeling like your actually immersed in the head wreck of ShibUya crossing in Tokyo. 

Getting a steady 60-70 FPS on ultra on the rtx 3090 maxed out. Looks absolutely insane.

I think this is the most believable game world I’ve ever played in. Incredible stuff 

Yeah, they laughed at me for buying one of those cards but who's laughing now?

Oh, they still are :( 

Ah, fuck 'em!

Anyone on Xbox Series X having a worrying noise when in the map screen?  Anytime i use the map and move around, a high pitched whine will start and stop for a few seconds and repeat every 15-20 seconds.  Doesn't happen in-game - muted the TV etc.. just on the map screen.  

1 hour ago, friedgold said:

Oh you absolute shit. I'm trying to hold off on this until the next gen version is released and you've just made the wait a million times harder.

Sorry not sorry 

I mean, I’m very early on, but it just feels like my memories of what Deus Ex felt like on my first run through...but even stuff down to the character models, and as a Corpo, my initial environments, the things I’m seeing and being asked to do, so very reminiscent. I hope it continues in this vein

21 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Anyone on Xbox Series X having a worrying noise when in the map screen?  Anytime i use the map and move around, a high pitched whine will start and stop for a few seconds and repeat every 15-20 seconds.  Doesn't happen in-game - muted the TV etc.. just on the map screen.  

THAT'S what that is?!! I went for a coffee and thought it was coming from my headphones. Sure it was from the Xbox itself??