Jump to content
IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5 and XSeries versions out now + major patch


Vemsie
 Share

Recommended Posts

The impressions from Easy Allies made it sound likey dream game. Saying the world building is the best ever in a game and the way the dialogue flows is amazing. 

 

Oh, and the main story cam be completed in 15 hours if that's all you focus on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Steven said:

Sounds like it may be worth a punt next year on PS5 when they've actually finished it.

maybe it will be a launch game. for when they actually launch the PS5 to the general public. not salty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Jeff B mentioned a rumour on the stream that the "next gen" patch for consoles might not hit 2021.

 

That's.... Not true, right?

 

Well given this has been delayed numerous times and is still apparently broken to shit (I guess we'll see on that front when the day one patch hits) then I  think it's possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eurogamer are holding off their review until later in the week, which it looks like some of the other outlets should have considered as well.

 

Gamespot's review* is about 4 billion times more informative than Polygon's laughably shallow preview that they've scratched the 'p' off at the last minute. No surprise there.

 

No review is going to put me off it though, really? If a reviewer isn't palpably excited about the idea of cutting about an expensively realised cyberpunk city as their default state of consciousness I don't think I can relate to them as a person. I just want to know how bugged the PS4 version is.

 

It does sound like it's very replayable, which is promising.

 

*Although they reviewed it on a laptop, which seems mental? Is a gaming laptop - even a souped up one - what most PC gamers interested in picking this up are likely to be using, or what they'll have prioritised bugfixing for?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MK-1601 said:

Eurogamer are holding off their review until later in the week, which it looks like some of the other outlets should have considered as well.

 

Gamespot's review* is about 4 billion times more informative than Polygon's laughably shallow preview that they've scratched the 'p' off at the last minute. No surprise there.

 

No review is going to put me off it though, really? If a reviewer isn't palpably excited about the idea of cutting about an expensively realised cyberpunk city as their default state of consciousness I don't think I can relate to them as a person. I just want to know how bugged the PS4 version is.

 

It does sound like it's very replayable, which is promising.

 

*Although they reviewed it on a laptop, which seems mental? Is a gaming laptop - even a souped up one - what most PC gamers interested in picking this up are likely to be using, or what they'll have prioritised bugfixing for?

 

 

According to Giant Bomb, it wasn't well communicated but GOG decided to apply heavy DRM to the review copy so the version you got could only be played on the first machine you installed it on.

 

If that just so happened to be a laptop in excitement then congrats, that's where you're gonna be reviewing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spanx said:

It sounds like it might be janky for a while, but actually reading the text of the reviews sounds really interesting. And I like the fact it does seem to be a shorter experience (Gamesradar mentioned you can rinse a story run through in 20-30 hours ignoring side quests). That bodes well for a) it not outstaying its welcome (glances sideways at AC: Valhalla) and b) potentially stomaching multiple playthroughs role playing it differently.

 

However, I am now fully girded for being repeatedly horribly dragged out of my suspension of disbelief by some pretty glitchy bugs and cheap copy/paste of assets.

 

Ah well, expectations still set to excited/10

 

CD decided to make the main story campaign of Cyberpunk much shorter than Witcher 3. In interviews they've said a massive number of people never finished Witcher 3's story because it was too long, and they really wanted more people to experience the stories they had to tell. I'm all for it as well, although I appreciated the epic tale of Witcher 3 it did drag on waaay too long. 

 

I reckon the day 1 patch will have fixed most of the biggest issues and any other major bugs will get fixed in the next few weeks. Minor bugs I can live with, lets be real, by the time we are close to finishing the game it will probably have been patched a thousand times! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Talk Show Host said:

 

There is no way you are playing that version. The game already had a 46GB patch during the review process and another 50GB is waiting on launch day. It will generally be fine. 

Will it fuck! :lol: Look how bad Witcher 3 was at launch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Simmy said:

 

According to Giant Bomb, it wasn't well communicated but GOG decided to apply heavy DRM to the review copy so the version you got could only be played on the first machine you installed it on.

 

If that just so happened to be a laptop in excitement then congrats, that's where you're gonna be reviewing it.

 

If that were the case, then surely you would just ask CDPR for another copy? I mean, CDPR probably want the game to be reviewed on the best hardware possible, rather than some random laptop, so it's not like it's in their interest to refuse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something I'm curious about is whether enemy difficulty scales up with you as you progress. Has anyone seen anything about this in any reviews? The campaign is shorter than Witcher 3 but I'll be wanting to do all the side stuff too. I hope you can't get way too powerful for the story missions by doing a bunch of side content.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

 

Although there were issues with the W3, my PS4 version played fine. I never encountered any huge bugs, especially none which interfered with the main story. 

Well aren't you special/lucky? ;)

 

I lost tens of hours of progress because I happened to activate the "Bywaters murders" quest without finishing it. I was too low a level and so at the time I figured I'd go back to it, unbeknownst to me after hours and hours of more play it would fuck up my game to the point where I couldn't continue. This wasn't fixed until someone playing the game, not a CDPR dev/tester, managed to pin it down to that quest, and alerted CDPR - by which time I'd restarted the game and got further than my original save. 

 

Look, I'm really hoping I'll just get to play and enjoy it, with only the odd wonky face or something. But I'm fully expecting the launch of this game to be a colossal clusterfuck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Thor said:

Well aren't you special/lucky? ;)

 

I lost tens of hours of progress because I happened to activate the "Bywaters murders" quest without finishing it. I was too low a level and so at the time I figured I'd go back to it, unbeknownst to me after hours and hours of more play it would fuck up my game to the point where I couldn't continue. This wasn't fixed until someone playing the game, not a CDPR dev/tester, managed to pin it down that quest, and alerted CDPR.

 

Look, I'm really hoping I'll just get to play and enjoy it, with only the odd wonky face or something. But I'm fully expecting the launch of this game to be a colossal clusterfuck. 

 

I for one am looking forward to your epic meltdowns quickly followed by equally mega enthusiasm for the game ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JoeK said:

 

I for one am looking forward to your epic meltdowns quickly followed by equally mega enthusiasm for the game ;) 

Nah, I don't do meltdowns so much these days. Of course, this all hinges on the colour of Night City's sky... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unrelated, but bugs can sink a game. I remember in Dragon Age 2, Isabella or someone had a skill where you'd have the whole party speed up something like 5% after activating it. Once it ran out, the party would have the 5% speed buff removed. From their base speed.

 

After activating it a handful of times over many hours, I wondered what the hell the deal with the performance was because everyone in my party was moving like they were underwater while the enemies were moving at their usual speed. That took an absurd amount of time for Bioware to fix, and every save it had happened to was unfixable. Tough luck, restart the game if you want to avoid that bug.

 

So yeah. I'll be waiting a long time on this one, I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

Well aren't you special/lucky? ;)

 

I lost tens of hours of progress because I happened to activate the "Bywaters murders" quest without finishing it. I was too low a level and so at the time I figured I'd go back to it, unbeknownst to me after hours and hours of more play it would fuck up my game to the point where I couldn't continue. This wasn't fixed until someone playing the game, not a CDPR dev/tester, managed to pin it down to that quest, and alerted CDPR - by which time I'd restarted the game and got further than my original save. 

 

Look, I'm really hoping I'll just get to play and enjoy it, with only the odd wonky face or something. But I'm fully expecting the launch of this game to be a colossal clusterfuck. 

 

I really had very little issues with the game, so I guess I was lucky, what can I say? 

 

Either way you should be used to colossal clusterfucks of new releases since you played Skyrim during the launch period. At least with CDPR you know they will fix any issues sooner rather than...never. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Nah, I don't do meltdowns so much these days. Of course, this all hinges on the colour of Night City's sky... 

 

Why do you insist on triggering me so?

 

I can't see no problem with the sky...

 

cyberpunk-2077-car.thumb.jpg.13cec2158c82e8d6985011a62af9081e.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

Either way you should be used to colossal clusterfucks of new releases since you played Skyrim during the launch period. At least with CDPR you know they will fix any issues sooner rather than...never. ;)

 

Yeah, but he didn't get off the character creation screen for two years, so he only ran into a few dozen bugs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, K said:

 

If that were the case, then surely you would just ask CDPR for another copy? I mean, CDPR probably want the game to be reviewed on the best hardware possible, rather than some random laptop, so it's not like it's in their interest to refuse.

 

I'd imagine but that's two cases I've heard of it happening in the space of an hour so I guess it wasn't that simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.