Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Gona try and stay strong and wait for the next-gen patch. Plenty to play for the minute, but if the update is delayed as much as the first release my resolve might be tempted.

My gut says they need this out for the xmas revenue, but it won't quite be ready. I'll never replay this, so I might as well wait till the bugs have been ironed out and the game uprezzed.

2 minutes ago, LaveDisco said:

Gona try and stay strong and wait for the next-gen patch. Plenty to play for the minute, but if the update is delayed as much as the first release my resolve might be tempted.

My gut says they need this out for the xmas revenue, but it won't quite be ready. I'll never replay this, so I might as well wait till the bugs have been ironed out and the game uprezzed.

Same here. I would rather wait and play the game as intended plus I still have enough stuff to tide me over the next few months.

You're right, but I don't think it'll be 'finished' for another year. I suspect Xmas 2021 will be the 'definitive' aka finished edition. As for next gen patch, I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't turn up until then either. It's not like there's any real incentive for them to do it. The people that want the game and only have consoles will have to buy it there anyway, those who are that fussed will buy it on PC. I don't think there's a huge market of people waiting for a console patch - it'll sell millions regardless.

8 minutes ago, Cappuccino Kid said:

I thought it was that there'd be a next-gen patch available at launch, which adds a little bit of shinies, but the full next-gen version (which will also be available as a free download) won't be available until next year?

That’s correct so it’s presumably what the sticker means.

Yeah the patch at launch for PS5 just allows it to do what the Xbox does by default - that is, take advantage of the power of the new console to run the old game at unlocked better frame rates, higher internal resolution etc.

Sorry @Doctor Shark, I'm still not buying it but this might be of interest to PC players.

This article states that anyone playing on Geforce Now will have that game at 1080p/60fps; Geforce Now is basically an RTX 2080 and while that doesn't fit easily into the Spec Sheet that went around the other day, but it does seem like RTX is going to be running at 60, albeit perhaps not with everything cranked all the way up.

Because Nvidia are definitely going to want some RTX with DLSS running on their streaming service. So, that gives me a fair bit of confidence that they're targeting 60fps on the PC with those specs.

On 22/11/2020 at 19:48, LaveDisco said:

I have literally no issues waiting for the next gen patch. Not only that but until then some great patches will have fixed, corrected and added plenty of stuff judging by CD’s style. No way I’m experiencing this game first time unless it’s in its best possible condition. :D

22 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

I have literally no issues waiting for the next gen patch. Not only that but until then some great patches will have fixed, corrected and added plenty of stuff judging by CD’s style. No way I’m experiencing this game first time unless it’s in its best possible condition. :D

Oh man, the amount of times I played through all the Witcher games in numerous versions of stability is a terrible thing indeed. I'll no doubt do exactly the same with this :P

I’ve got this preordered on Xbox, but given I’ve only got an original XB1 and a PS5 now, I should probably change that. It’s a bit disappointing that there’s no proper next gen version from the get go, though. I’m thinking about cancelling and waiting as I’m not feeling any real excitement from what I’ve seen so far, and night city looks like it would really do well with RT. 

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I’ve got this preordered on Xbox, but given I’ve only got an original XB1 and a PS5 now, I should probably change that. It’s a bit disappointing that there’s no proper next gen version from the get go, though. I’m thinking about cancelling and waiting as I’m not feeling any real excitement from what I’ve seen so far, and night city looks like it would really do well with RT. 

I’m still 50/50 but edging towards wait for the full next gen version too. 

41 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Still looks ok in that gameplay but I'm going to wait on this until the full featured version for next gen consoles is released at some point next year.

Think thats what I am going to do too, may buy it if it gets a sale digitally as the patch will upgrade it anyway when its released

3 minutes ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

I was going to nip it in the bud for now until the full PS5 version is out, but I've got it pre-ordered with SimplyGames and there doesn't seem to be any way of cancelling it. Well played, do not think I'll be using them again!

Just email their customer services.  It doesn’t mean you can’t cancel it. I’ve had that a few times. 

• Goose changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - 10th December 2020
  • Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags