Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

As this is £55 on PS4 I'm guessing I should buy it now even if I don't intend to play it until it's out properly on PS5? As that will probably cost £70 yet the upgrade from the £55 one on PS4 will be free? 

Videos haven't really excited me at all but the previews do sound pretty positive.

15 hours ago, SM47 said:

Looks pretty cool to me

I know a trailer is supposed to sell you on the thing it's promoting and it has, that does look excellent. I just hope the writing doesn't go too far down the "mature = swearing every second word" route*.

*yes, ironic, I know.

"There's stuff in here to rival The Witcher 3's best quests, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much of an emotional punch the story packs. The game's marketing has, understandably, focused on the louder, more aggressive side of the game, which has painted a somewhat inaccurate picture of it. Cyberpunk 2077 isn't all noise, future slang, extreme violence, and fluorescent yellow; it has quiet, touching moments of warmth too."

That paragraph from PCG has done more for my hype than anything I've seen over the last 3 years.

2 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Might be worth getting on the PS5 just for the inevitable sex scenes, with added HD rumble and haptic feedback. 

Oh god...the horror of using the R2 button to...erm...thrust.

I feel dirty.

50 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

It’s got to be the main reason for the delay. Those pervs have probably spent the last few months refining orgasmic convulsions through the dualsense. 

Flaptic feedback. 

1 hour ago, Lying Cat said:

Actual PC Requirements, not the slightly suspicious ones on Steam.

3070/2080Ti for all the bells and whistles below 4k.

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-recommended-system-specs.thumb.jpg.0f75e2d5613ea050cdfc2067b2979a50.jpg

But at what frame rate? Experience tells me you can’t assume they mean for 60fps there. 

Also, does it have HDR? As stupid a question as that should be for this game, experience tells me again that it’s not. 

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

But at what frame rate? Experience tells me you can’t assume they mean for 60fps there. 

Also, does it have HDR? As stupid a question as that should be for this game, experience tells me again that it’s not. 

Well, the RTX trailer with a 3080 was running at 4k/60fps - but if it's 30fps, then you can just turn down some settings and all will be well. You've got to remember that the way that PC gaming has gone is that the difference between high and ultra is pretty negligible and almost always brings a big fat performance boost.

I have no idea about HDR. It's probably in as they're pulling out all the stops with this one.

28 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

I have no idea about HDR. It's probably in as they're pulling out all the stops with this one

And also because it has to implemented for the console versions anyway - or is that not a factor?

Those requirements make me think that the last-gen versions on PS4 and Bone are probably running on a customized low setting, probably even lower on a few select settings? Like how Witcher 3 on Switch was lower than low in a few settings to make it go at all. The current gen versions whenever they appear will hopefully be comparable to the high settings.

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

And also because it has to implemented for the console versions anyway - or is that not a factor?

You do occasionally get games on the PC that mysteriously leave it out - but honestly unless you're running your PC into a high end TV, HDR is junk because monitors are so half-assed about it. I would be very surprised if Cyberpunk with it's RTX and DLSS implementation decided that HDR wasn't worth the bother.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Those requirements make me think that the last-gen versions on PS4 and Bone are probably running on a customized low setting, probably even lower on a few select settings? The current gen versions whenever they appear will hopefully be comparable to the high settings.

Especially if AMD get their DLSS equivalent sorted, because that'll definitely make it's way to the the new consoles too - I reckon that could be revelatory. I suspect that CDPR is going to cop some flak if those PC requirements are targeting 30 - that's been an irrelevant frame rate on the PC since forever really. It'd put Cyberpunk 4k off the table until the next gen of GPUs happens, because it's not like there's anywhere to go for more power after the 3080.

I’m torn between playing now on a 1080ti, at 1440 probably, I’d hope at 60 and with HDR even though it’s always compromised on PC or, get the XSX version which, in the long run, might look nicer once patched but who knows when that will be?

9 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

I suspect that CDPR is going to cop some flak if those PC requirements are targeting 30

I'm from the good old days when Ultra was meant for future hardware, not something current high end PC's could run at 60 or even 30. And that also meant there was often a significant visual difference going from high to ultra, not just a performance decrease. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Those requirements make me think that the last-gen versions on PS4 and Bone are probably running on a customized low setting, probably even lower on a few select settings? Like how Witcher 3 on Switch was lower than low in a few settings to make it go at all. The current gen versions whenever they appear will hopefully be comparable to the high settings.

Watch dogs legion did that, the RT settings, are lower than you can select on PC, but, using a custom settings file on PC, you can make the game look exactly the same as the console, the exact console settings...which then means, it looks good and runs a shit load better, as a 2060S can matche the console settings for looks and performance with RT on!?

Be interesting is there is a way of just matching the settings!

Is it December 10th yet?

Just now, Mr. Gerbik said:

I'm from the good old days when Ultra was meant for future hardware, not something current high end PC's could run at 60 or even 30. And that also meant there was often a significant visual difference going from high to ultra, not just a performance decrease. 

What was that game series you really liked? Y'know, the one that you steal stuff? Theft, wasn't it?