Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

9 minutes ago, JPL said:

Is that on YouTube or is there any way I can save it on my iPhone? I need to send it to my mate!

Didn’t there also used to be a way to grab a direct link to individual posts? I can’t see it now.

Three dots top right.

30 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Do we know how many gigs this game is going to be to download? Please tell me it will fit on a base PS4, surely it will... right? I've got a bad feeling a purge of every other game on my system is imminent to make space for this behemoth!

I don't think there is any official figure but I can't see it being much over a the RDR2 100-120GB ish mark personally.

43 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Do we know how many gigs this game is going to be to download? Please tell me it will fit on a base PS4, surely it will... right? I've got a bad feeling a purge of every other game on my system is imminent to make space for this behemoth!

They won't put out a game on PS4 that doesn't actually fit on a PS4. That's just crazy talk. Will it perform well on base old-gen consoles? That's a worry. But it will definitely fit.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

They won't put out a game on PS4 that doesn't actually fit on a PS4. That's just crazy talk. Will it perform well on base old-gen consoles? That's a worry. But it will definitely fit.

Yeah I guess so, I was just thinking if it was actually massive then they might make it require a game disk for base PS4. And yeah I'm a bit worried about loading times on base PS4, Witcher 3 had some long load times, god knows how Cyberpunk will handle them. Hopefully there won't be too many loading screens though, they've done a pretty good job of ingame streaming to date.  

8 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Yeah I guess so, I was just thinking if it was actually massive then they might make it require a game disk for base PS4

Games don't run off the disc on PS4, so that wouldn't even work if they wanted to. 

I get what you're saying about loading times. That and performance worries are why I'm playing it through BC on a nextgen console which fixes those potential issues.

But these guys also managed to scale down Witcher 3 to the Switch which is a minor miracle. I keep that in mind when seeing the PC footage which makes me think that they should not have bothered with a currentgen version (but they should because of the install base)

• 2 weeks later...

XSX gameplay footage streaming on Twitch. I'm disappointed by it tbh, I probably expected too much. NPCs are just standing there, waiting for you to enter the room so they can begin their scripted dialogues with each other, while repeating the same animations. Games are never going to get any better :(

3 minutes ago, Thwomp said:

XSX gameplay footage streaming on Twitch. I'm disappointed by it tbh, I probably expected too much. NPCs are just standing there, waiting for you to enter the room so they can begin their scripted dialogues with each other, while repeating the same animations. Games are never going to get any better :(

Got a link?

The world building is incredible. Level of detail in the world, sense of place and scale, it's breathtaking indeed. They seem to have hit this insane mix of GTA and Deus Ex in a complete open world. Hope the story and gameplay are on the same level.

I am gutted this won't get a next gen update until next year. Means I have to wait even more. :(

13 minutes ago, Minion said:

The art style is good but is it enough to make up for the dated gameplay and showroom dummies npc's, yeah that last section of that stream disappointed me tbh.

I think the NPCs are fine for a game of this level and the gameplay will be much more sandbox from what they have said. The atmosphere and detail of the world, events and NPC variety is easy to see and look incredible. 

Playing this whole and not watching segments will make all the elements click, something not easy to do while showing separate pieces of it.

I have zero concerns based on what I've seen so far, it looks awesome. I think perhaps people have spun this whole thing up into something it is never going to be maybe? I dunno. Either way I am pre-ordered and still properly hyped for this.

I've said it before, just whack a Deus Ex skin on top of The Witcher 3 and I'll be happy enough. Anything else is a bonus.

• Goose changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - 10th December 2020
  • Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags