Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Assuming it's not a made-up reddit account, that just screams abuse. CDPR get a lot of slack because people like their games and they make good statements about DRM etc, but it's increasingly clear that they've got problems. The overwork plus the occasional glimpse of gamergatery is worrying.

9 minutes ago, robdood said:

In my experience that's literally how all big gamedev goes tbh. 

That does not downplay what's going on at CDPR, in actuality it raises many more alarms if this work practice is normalised throughout the industry.

All posted by a 4 day old account which has since been deleted. Shreier's only evidence is 'I talked to the guy on the phone, trust me'.

I'm not buying the only in development for 18 months and 16 hour days and weekends for over a year. Somebody hooked Shreier with exactly what he wanted to hear, strange how silent he is when anything counters his message (apart from blocking them on twitter :lol: )

24 minutes ago, layten said:

I do agree that something is not right at CDPR, just that this latest reveal seems a bit too on the nose.

Edited by layten
Just now, layten said:

All posted by a 4 day old account which has since been deleted. Shreier's only evidence is 'I talked to the guy on the phone, trust me'.

I'm not buying the only in development for 18 months and 16 hour days and weekends for over a year. Somebody hooked Shreier with exactly what he wanted to hear, strange how silent he is when anything counters his message (apart from blocking them on twitter :lol: )

Were you expecting the CDPR employee to whistle blow on main or something? 

I do wonder how you make a game like this in only 24 months. Didn’t they show the original gameplay reveal nearly a year ago? That doesn’t really add up to me.

I also don’t really see why you would make a random reddit post instead of going directly to Jason Schreier or similar.

I can certainly believe that people have been doing “voluntary” crunch for a long time, though. I imagine there is a lot of pressure put on you when your game gets delayed.

People have also mentioned EWTD. But you can opt out of that. I wonder how many people at CDPR have opted out. Presumably you have to, if you want to be paid for overtime.

I expect Jason Schreier will be doing plenty of digging if he’s already been in touch with someone who’s confirmed much of the post.

The only bit of the post that looks a bit odd is the game mostly being made in 2 years, but I suppose what an “alpha” is is increasingly fluid these days and we get shown a lot of “pre-alpha” stuff which looks pretty good to my untrained eye.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

I see that blocking abusive people on Twitter is now also confirmation of your supposed bias, and not simply a means of reducing your exposure to abuse and toxicity from awful people.

SureJan.gif

He has also blocked people who have been absolutely reasonable and courteous in their interactions.

I think the issue is that it's backed up by one of the few decent journalists working in this industry, who had a history of drawing attention to this stuff and being consistently right about it. While I understand some people's scepticism because it seems so extreme, I don't find it hard to take the stance that something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

If it turns out that CDPR has been the victim of a horrible slur and they get a load of negative press for it, I'll send them an email apologising for believing it.

14 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

I think the issue is that it's backed up by one of the few decent journalists working in this industry, who had a history of drawing attention to this stuff and being consistently right about it. While I understand some people's scepticism because it seems so extreme, I don't find it hard to take the stance that something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

If it turns out that CDPR has been the victim of a horrible slur and they get a load of negative press for it, I'll send them an email apologising for believing it.

What’s happening in Denmark?

2 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

That's just a highly elaborate proof of concept video. You can't fool us.

They made it in RPG Maker from Steam in Aug 2018 and added some snazzy effects and said almost a year later "oh shit we need to make a game"

2 minutes ago, Lying Cat said:

Right now? Probably some shit or another.

But I was quoting Shakespeare to try and look smarter than I actually am so nobody would challenge my point.

Obviously, I knew that. :unsure:

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags
  • Goose changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - 10th December 2020