IGNORED

Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

Vemsie

I completed the game once, and hope to return if CDPR polishes the **** out of the game. It was fun to explore Night City, and it actually made me pause to ponder on things like capitalism, exploitation, and consumer culture. I still dont like the cut scenes, hated them in Metro and hate them in Cyberpunk. Unpolished gem/10

25 minutes ago, Thor said:

gogwho.gif

I didn’t know him until he started uploading on Youtube under the Action Button channel. His stuff is definitely love or hate, this is the sixth game he has done in this style.

I was driving into the covered part of our Ikea carpark last week. I checked my mirror and there was a lorry going around the roundabout which I'd just come off myself. The sunlight caught on the side of his window and shone directly into my eyes through my mirror.

The precise way that the light behaved instantly reminded me of Cyberpunk 2077. There were parts where I thought the lights had glitched, but no, that was just the raytracing doing its thing.

On 20/10/2021 at 18:32, K said:

Hopefully the next-gen update involves them reworking and rebalancing the game's systems, along with beefing up the visuals.

I'd love this, but I doubt they will do it. The Witcher 3 also shares similar issues.

It's going to take the PC version, a community, and an actual creation kit released by CDPR for said community to build mods with.

I get the feeling they want to go the GTAO route with CP2077 where they will be monetising absolutely everything and anything they can. A bunch of talented people fixing the base game to turn into into a GOAT experience, as well as producing lots of quality content for absolutely free (by quality I mean better than CDPR themselves) is probably not on their wishlist, at all.

They're crazy. Imagine how much money Skyrim has made for Bethesda with them taking that route over the past ten years.

This is one of the game's I'm playing at the moment and i'm enjoying it ^_^ I'm only playing the base PS4 game on the PS5, but it's fun enough, can tell it's not fully polished and still plenty of bugs i.e. Everytime I hack into a computer at the moment, I complete the hack then float up in the air. Everytime i've been inside a building so hit the ceiling, hope to god this doesn't happen to a computer outside of a building 😀

I suspect I will complete it, may even get the trophies if they are simple enough but sadly I think it will be a one playthrough kinda thing, a lot of the side stuff is very samey, the storyline is good fun and I do like the side stories for the like's of Judy etc (I haven't done Panam's yet, it's going to be the next one I think).

Overall i'd say it's a 6.5 out of 10 at the moment, ^_^ might creap up a bit as I really move along with the main story.

Just watched the (spoilerific) 'what I liked' chapter of Tim Rogers' review, wow, there are some side stories/options I had no idea about and I thought I'd been fairly thorough.

(A big takeaway from that chapter is the story/quest structure is really clever and something other open world games should learn from. In terms of achieving the old-timey CRPG goal of giving every player a unique experience based on their choices it acquits itself very well.)

As I've probably said before in this thread, they could make a shit tonne of DLC, expandalone sequels etc. in Night City.

I don't think there's any realistic chance of a mod scene creating story mission content as good as the main game even if they did have tools, not for a good few years anyway.

What nags at me is that I suspect the only reason the city is so good is that they were planning on some GTA Online style infinite money printer rather than Witcher DLC treatment, but oh well.

The Tim Rogers thing is wild, I went for the discourse which was mostly about Keanu and then another one which was a deconstruction of cyberpunk then like an hour on the authenticity of jackets so...okay.

23 hours ago, Festoon said:

Rogers review is a masterpiece.

Yeah he’s so far ahead of any other games journalists or whatever they call themselves these days that it’s ridiculous. 

Even if you didn’t enjoy Cyberpunk, maybe especially if you didn’t, his review is totally worth it. 

Two things I’ve notice from Rogers’ excellent review:

1) His video captures from his super duper PC look exactly like the Stadia version to my eyes.

2) Why is he playing it so you see damage numbers appear when people get shot, etc? It looks flipping terrible.

1 hour ago, MK-1601 said:

Well yes, YouTube compression is chewing up both.

I’m watching it on YouTube in 4K on an LG CX though, would it be much different if I was looking at his CX? I can’t imagine compression makes a wild change.