Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

7 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

And locations

I just want more clothing options, a transmog option, and the ability to go to the hairdresser tbh. Car mods would be cool but frankly the cars I own are fucking sick anyway. There are like two car chases in the whole game, driving is like an afterthought in Cyberpunk. You travel around and get from place to place but that's about it,

I think this really undersells it. There is nothing like driving round Night City listening to the great soundtrack while taking in the stunning architecture, and this experience is emphasised even more when you can step out of said vehicles and explore the environment on foot. That’s really what the driving is about, the traversal of a wonderful space.

Is anyone else struggling with the Bloody Ritual cyberpsycho mission? The one where the Maelstrom cyborg comes out of the fridge. I just can't seem to get the thing to trigger - I've followed loads of walkthroughs and scanned everything, but I can't get the actual encounter to trigger.

2 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I love that one!

It just leaps out from the radio, which makes sense later. Another that really jumped out was the track when you first meet Placide in Pacifica.

3 hours ago, ZOK said:

I think this really undersells it. There is nothing like driving round Night City listening to the great soundtrack while taking in the stunning architecture, and this experience is emphasised even more when you can step out of said vehicles and explore the environment on foot. That’s really what the driving is about, the traversal of a wonderful space.

well, yes, I also live driving around and exploring at night and at sunset with a cracking tune on, but you know what I mean

3 hours ago, K said:

Is anyone else struggling with the Bloody Ritual cyberpsycho mission? The one where the Maelstrom cyborg comes out of the fridge. I just can't seem to get the thing to trigger - I've followed loads of walkthroughs and scanned everything, but I can't get the actual encounter to trigger.

That one is known to be a cunt. You may need to load an earlier save, I can’t recall. I had to google it

5 minutes ago, Floshenbarnical said:

well, yes, I also live driving around and exploring at night and at sunset with a cracking tune on, but you know what I mean

That one is known to be a cunt. You may need to load an earlier save, I can’t recall. I had to google it

Oh man, I’m about seventy hours in. I suspect the issue is that I tried the mission much earlier, and couldn’t kill the cyberpsycho, so sacked it off. That was about fifty hours ago, so there’s no way I’m doing all that again. Might just wait to see if they patch it, or if it somehow resolves itself later. 

24 minutes ago, K said:

Oh man, I’m about seventy hours in. I suspect the issue is that I tried the mission much earlier, and couldn’t kill the cyberpsycho, so sacked it off. That was about fifty hours ago, so there’s no way I’m doing all that again. Might just wait to see if they patch it, or if it somehow resolves itself later. 

iirc there was a trick to unfreeze it

12 hours ago, K said:

I played it several patches ago but it took ages then suddenly worked, one of the only two cyberpsycho encounters with bugs for me.

The other one is a very early one where they died under the stairs and I couldn't loot them.

12 hours ago, Festoon said:

This was good, never realised this was what Ciri was referring to in Witcher 3.

This reminded me about the train in the trailer. Is there a working rail system in the game? I guess not.

Anyway, this game is some paper thin broken trash but also pretty good fun.

7 minutes ago, palaver said:

This reminded me about the train in the trailer. Is there a working rail system in the game? I guess not.

Anyway, this game is some paper thin broken trash but also pretty good fun.

Nah, I guess they ran out of time. There's a station but it's not used for anything.

Such a shame, I'd loved to have seen the game they were trying to make, instead of the GTA stuff they used as filler.

Had a great Gig mission last night, infiltrating a Dojo to extricate a prisoner. It had a bonus objective to avoid raising the alarm and my total investment in Intelligence and hacking paid off handsomely, sneaking about on the rooftop and zapping fools with a combination of Short Circuit to weaken and the IMMENSELY satisfying Synpase Burnout to finish them off. I was the nerdiest Batman ever and it all felt very Deus Ex.

My V started that one off stealthy, then botched it and it descended into a high speed katanafest. So V spent the time she saved getting selfies with the entirely unconcerned tourists...

DA46F4A5-0B4F-46A8-B549-881436B61D08.thumb.jpeg.40603825482ce52869f78ada23725e8e.jpeg

13 hours ago, Dudley said:

I played it several patches ago but it took ages then suddenly worked, one of the only two cyberpsycho encounters with bugs for me.

The other one is a very early one where they died under the stairs and I couldn't loot them.

The cyberpsycho gigs have been consistently the buggiest bits for me - I’ve completed quite a few where the boss gets trapped in a pillar or glitches into thin air or just gets confused and wanders around because I’m standing on a bin. 

There are certainly a few points that could just as easily be deliberate as glitches though.  Maybe a cyberpsycho, being a psycho IS confused by that.

Plus V's general cybernetic woes come across as glitches sometimes.

47 minutes ago, K said:

The cyberpsycho gigs have been consistently the buggiest bits for me - I’ve completed quite a few where the boss gets trapped in a pillar or glitches into thin air or just gets confused and wanders around because I’m standing on a bin. 

Yeah, me too. They seem really inconsistent in difficulty too.

41 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Yeah, me too. They seem really inconsistent in difficulty too.

Different parts of the map have different difficulty levels. Like, there's no point really trying to do anything in Corpo plaza until you've done some serious leveling up. The cyberpsycho in the alley, for instance, is hard as a coffin nail and to make it worse once you've done X damage he runs off and gets into a battle with some equally hard Tyger Claws, so you have to kill them all first or they'll kill him and prevent you from taking him out non-lethally. And obviously once you aggro one of them they all hate you at the same time. The Burya or Grad is useful here, as you can hang back and cheese them through walls.

So I snuck in as soon as the map opened up, stole the legendary mantis blades, and ran away :lol:

1 hour ago, JPL said:

How do you actually take them out non-lethally anyway? I just go in all guns blazing until their health bar has gone.

There's a mod that makes all damage non-lethal. Although you can still do enough headshot damage to blow someone's head off. Non-lethally...

Or you soften them up with guns before switching to fists. Or just knock them out with cyberware.

I don't think it makes a difference with cyber-psychos, does it? I read somewhere that you take them down non-lethally regardless of what weapons you use. For me anyway, I'd get Regina sending me a congratulatory text for not killing them even if I'd set them on fire and finished them off with a few shotgun rounds to the dome.

I tend make them blind, then get out the baseball bat and clobber them silly.

Always does the job for me, and despite rumours to the contrary, a baseball bat isn't deemed a lethal weapon!

9 minutes ago, K said:

I don't think it makes a difference with cyber-psychos, does it? I read somewhere that you take them down non-lethally regardless of what weapons you use. For me anyway, I'd get Regina sending me a congratulatory text for not killing them even if I'd set them on fire and finished them off with a few shotgun rounds to the dome.

Yeah, I thought it was weird that I’d never been told off for killing them.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Yeah, I thought it was weird that I’d never been told off for killing them.

I didn't know about lethal vs non-lethal damage until about 70 hours into the game.  The psychos never seemed to die anyway. I just took the reward from Regina Jones, and then blew their heads off for the NYPD cash.

The whole thing is pointless anyhow as the reward for taking them down is utter rubbish.

I definitely killed at least one Cyberpsycho by accident by frying them with System Reset. I don't think one-shot quickhacks work on them since the most recent patch though.

3 hours ago, Festoon said:

I didn't know about lethal vs non-lethal damage until about 70 hours into the game.  The psychos never seemed to die anyway. I just took the reward from Regina Jones, and then blew their heads off for the NYPD cash.

I only knew because I accidentally installed the mod that makes all of your attacks non-lethal. Where's the fun in that? Took me ages to rid of it too because you can't just unequip it, annoyingly.

I've played another few hours of it now, with the new patch, and it's really not noticeably improved at all. The vast majority of the fixes listed were incredibly specific, I think, whereas most of the stuff I notice is just general brokenness in the game systems themselves: cars inside other cars in queues of traffic, bad guys randomly whizzing around at 100mph in combat, Takemura sounding like he's inside a tin can during cutscenes, dialog choices sometimes not displaying properly so I have to move the selection up and down to see what they say, and more. All of those examples are in just these few hours with the latest patch.

I didn't really expect an awful lot from it but I did think it might seem generally more robust, and I'd say it either seems or actually is worse if anything - at least a couple of those examples above are new issues, or at least ones I never ran into before. And it's absurd that they haven't made any of the relatively easy QOL fixes that it so obviously needs: dynamic minimap zoom when driving so that it's not literally useless, more options for turning off UI and in particular that bloody floating quest marker, and so on.

And finally, the police 'fix' is even more comically inept than it seemed when announced. They've practically deactivated it, in effect, with the new delay and distance and the general stupidity of the AI combining to mean that you have to try really quite hard to get into or stay in trouble. Literally the only occasion I did was when I accidentally shot a civilian after a mission in a small area on some upper floor of a building, at which point the lifts got locked down and the police magically spawned around me - i.e. it's just as shitty a system as before, given a chance, except it mostly doesn't get a chance now.

I don't know - I love so much of what's in this game, but I'm really struggling to get past the jank now, after a break playing games that aren't, you know, almost terminally broken, and it feels like I might be better served selling it on and coming back in a year or so.

15 minutes ago, hmm said:

I don't know - I love so much of what's in this game, but I'm really struggling to get past the jank now, after a break playing games that aren't, you know, almost terminally broken, and it feels like I might be better served selling it on and coming back in a year or so.

I know what you mean. I got past the jank and have played the game for hours on end, but I've yet to get anywhere near the end of the main story-line as I keep on hoping that there's going to be some magical patch that eventually sorts out all the stuff that throws me out of the immersion, but I'm not really expecting that now. The game thrives for me when I'm not constantly farting about looking for stuff to criticise and just take the thing for what it is - the story is great and there are some genuinely wonderful moments in it - as well as in some of the side quests. All the actual RPG aspects are pretty much rubbish as far as I can tell - which I kind of found was the case in Witcher 3 really, and that's one of my top three faves, so go figure! 

Anyway, we'll see what happens.

PS5. I really don't think I'd have persevered with it at all on last gen hardware.

Clearly, a lot of these are pretty minor annoyances, and I was fairly tolerant of it when I spent my first block of time with it. Returning to it now, the lustre of the city and everything else has worn off a little and I'm just finding the sum total of all those petty grievances a lot more off-putting, and apart from largely eliminating the crashes I'm not convinced that any of the post-release patches have noticeably changed anything so far, besides making the police even shitter.

On 01/04/2021 at 11:09, K said:

My buddy has that bug too

5 minutes ago, Robbo said:

My buddy has that bug too

I didn't realise it was a bug but I was jumping up all over the boxes and stuff for ages and it eventually triggered, but I just thought it was me being thick.