Jump to content

Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags


Recommended Posts

On 06/02/2021 at 04:15, Floshenbarnical said:


I played through 80% of content on launch PS4 and it was my favorite game ever. 
 

Don’t do it. 
 

Finished it on Ps5 and it was a completely different game. 

 

Well, things have changed since my last post - my old PC started playing up again (pretty much everything; Graphics card, Motherboard, SSD doesn't seem quite right either...) and after being egged on by my mum; just dropped a load on a fancy new rig that should run this maxed out at 45 FPS.
 

End of the month I'll get this and experience it in it's full glory! :omg:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Retroid said:

 

Well, things have changed since my last post - my old PC started playing up again (pretty much everything; Graphics card, Motherboard, SSD doesn't seem quite right either...) and after being egged on by my mum; just dropped a load on a fancy new rig that should run this maxed out at 45 FPS.
 

End of the month I'll get this and experience it in it's full glory! :omg:

It will only be better then as well. I think you will be surprised. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a hefty chunk of my savings but I'm looking forward to it, I really am!

I know it's not the PC thread but this is what I got: https://www.ebuyer.com/1139000-alphasync-rtx-3070-ryzen-7-16gb-ram-1tb-hdd-500gb-ssd-gaming-as-d5461

 

Seems like a really good offer, pretty much just a fairly decent part for part price on if you were going to try and source these things yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Retroid said:

It's a hefty chunk of my savings but I'm looking forward to it, I really am!

I know it's not the PC thread but this is what I got: https://www.ebuyer.com/1139000-alphasync-rtx-3070-ryzen-7-16gb-ram-1tb-hdd-500gb-ssd-gaming-as-d5461

 

Seems like a really good offer, pretty much just a fairly decent part for part price on if you were going to try and source these things yourself.

@Scruff how does this compare to your build? I think you said you had a 3070? Any settings tips?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oz said:

@Scruff how does this compare to your build? I think you said you had a 3070? Any settings tips?

 

CPU is worse. I'm running a 3700X but yeah, I have the RTX 3070 and run the game with the settings that Digital Foundry suggested and it's gorgeous.

 

TBH I've never had any problems with the game, either bugs or crashes or anything. Cleared it twice on two different playthroughs and just waiting for any post game content to be released - either DLC or expansions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I've seen all the endings now. I didn't want to do the whole thing again as I'd rinsed every mission over about 150 hours so I just kept reloading the critical choice towards the end. There's one which is clearly my favourite but they're all worth seeing.

 

Now I need to start again as a woman just to see how it changes things. Still not getting it on with you know who though. I like my men with two eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, choddo said:

I think I've seen all the endings now. I didn't want to do the whole thing again as I'd rinsed every mission over about 150 hours so I just kept reloading the critical choice towards the end. There's one which is clearly my favourite but they're all worth seeing.

 

Now I need to start again as a woman just to see how it changes things. Still not getting it on with you know who though. I like my men with two eyes.

which one?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm about fifty hours into this, and I feel like I'm running out of steam a bit - like I've overdosed on side gigs and worn myself out, right at the point where loads of the side-stories (the seemingly lengthier and more in-depth story strands with Judy, Panan, River, etc) are opening up.

 

It really did need a lot more polish, this game. When it works its great, but then you get a side mission where all the guards in a hideout are all facing the exact same direction, so you can just go from one to the other, knocking them all out while they remain oblivious. Or when you find a cyberpsycho who seems carefully set up for an interesting, challenging fight, but who also has no defence against just being repeatedly battered round the head with a length of pipe.

 

Also: the headlights on the cars are pathetic. You can see about six inches in front of your car at night in the badlands.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly the pacing in the game is completely out of whack. I’m very much enjoying the game now, but the urgency you get forced upon you is kind of screwed around with by all the constant different threads opening up that it’s just a little annoying. I’m told this mission is the one to follow through on, but you then get another one thrown in your path that’s also the one I should follow. It’s a shame because individual story missions are really good fun indeed, and the story as a whole is pretty compelling.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t really mind about the pacing - I mean it’s a game, the pacing is no more unrealistic than the fact Night City seems to have suffered from the fallout from a thermonuclear explosion in a playing cards, stress ball and crystal decanter factory.

 

It’s all part of the suspension of disbelief that makes the game playable...eg that Arasaka lady has been waiting for me at Embers for at least three weeks now while I bimble around doing sod all. It would be a real pip if there was some sort of time penalty that forced me down any one route more than another.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I don’t really mind about the pacing - I mean it’s a game, the pacing is no more unrealistic than the fact Night City seems to have suffered from the fallout from a thermonuclear explosion in a playing cards, stress ball and crystal decanter factory.

 

It’s all part of the suspension of disbelief that makes the game playable...eg that Arasaka lady has been waiting for me at Embers for at least three weeks now while I bimble around doing sod all. It would be a real pip if there was some sort of time penalty that forced me down any one route more than another.


I know, it’s mostly my annoying habit of trying to script things a certain way in my mind really ;) .

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I totally get it, I just don’t think there’s any way of making it work unless you wildly ratchet down the number of stories you can interact with.

 

I just met the flaming crotch guy after about 120 hours - I like that there is a story round every corner, and it’s up to you when you find them.

 

@K’s point about shoddiness of some side gigs is unfortunately dot on, but I’m not too fussed about that either really, I’ve bought in to the world. Some are amazingly well thought out, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2021 at 18:08, Retroid said:

It's a hefty chunk of my savings but I'm looking forward to it, I really am!

I know it's not the PC thread but this is what I got: https://www.ebuyer.com/1139000-alphasync-rtx-3070-ryzen-7-16gb-ram-1tb-hdd-500gb-ssd-gaming-as-d5461

 

Seems like a really good offer, pretty much just a fairly decent part for part price on if you were going to try and source these things yourself.

I'm surprised it's so reasonable,  I honestly thought it'd be more like twice that to play this game on good settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad news for all parties involved. This is going to mean delays, delays, delays and potentially forever tarnish their reputation (if board communications leaks and it is not favorable towards their community friendly image). Hope they can sort it out quick, otherwise an acquisition seems inevitable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

Bad news for all parties involved. This is going to mean delays, delays, delays and potentially forever tarnish their reputation (if board communications leaks and it is not favorable towards their community friendly image). Hope they can sort it out quick, otherwise an acquisition seems inevitable. 

Lolwut. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uzi said:

Some spec'd a lot in net running

Their ram will be recharging for a while. I expect a long cool down for the epically pwned hack. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/02/2021 at 16:48, K said:

I'm about fifty hours into this, and I feel like I'm running out of steam a bit - like I've overdosed on side gigs and worn myself out, right at the point where loads of the side-stories (the seemingly lengthier and more in-depth story strands with Judy, Panan, River, etc) are opening up.

 

It really did need a lot more polish, this game. When it works its great, but then you get a side mission where all the guards in a hideout are all facing the exact same direction, so you can just go from one to the other, knocking them all out while they remain oblivious. Or when you find a cyberpsycho who seems carefully set up for an interesting, challenging fight, but who also has no defence against just being repeatedly battered round the head with a length of pipe.

 

Also: the headlights on the cars are pathetic. You can see about six inches in front of your car at night in the badlands.

 

Felt the same here, I revisited for the new patch and found doing side gigs a bit tiresome. So I decided to finally head off to Pacifica for the main story and that was the injection of purpose I needed. I've found that its much better to just stick to one side quest or main quest line at a time, you get way more immersed and the pacing's much better than pinballing between random phone calls and bits of plot.

 

Thankfully though I discovered Horizon Zero Dawn so I've been holding off on Cyberpunk until the Feburary patch. Cyberpunk may be better than it was since the latest patch, but its still ropey as hell. Playing Horizon was a bit of a wakeup call for how great open world games can be, and the level of polish in Dawn puts Cyberpunk to shame. The action's better, it looks better, its on base PS4 and its 4 years old! But I think I'll just have to bite the bullet come the Feburary patch because I will have forgotten everything that's going on in Cyberpunk if I leave it later, and I don't fancy starting from scratch when I'm already quite far into the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.