Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

10 minutes ago, ZOK said:

By the way, has anyone done the meditation with the monk? Such a cool bit!

I did one with a monk in Reclamation Park (think that is the place). I assumed it started a quest with more of them popping up but I could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, ZOK said:

People were making some suggestions earlier in the thread, no idea who though...maybe it was @Moz?

I know what you mean about the aiming, I found it thar way too but just got used to it as I cba fiddling with the settings - interestingly now I am katana & sniper mainly I’m glad I left it because you do want to be able to whip around like a loon when you need to slice ‘n dice.

I intend to stick with a trusty assault rifle - as much as I don't mind a bit of melee-combat, I hate it in first-person, so it'll be some running-and-gunning for my V.

20 minutes ago, Scruff said:

I did one with a monk in Reclamation Park (think that is the place). I assumed it started a quest with more of them popping up but I could be wrong.

You're not, but you have to find him at other locations as you tootle about the place. 

40 minutes ago, Scruff said:

Spoiler

I found this one and I just wanted to check it wasn't bugged for me. I was transported into a forest for the meditation but I couldn't move the camera at all, just listen to the guys voice until it ended. Is that what's supposed to what happen?

1 minute ago, Alan Stock said:

Hide contents

I found this one and I just wanted to check it wasn't bugged for me. I was transported into a forest for the meditation but I couldn't move the camera at all, just listen to the guys voice until it ended. Is that what's supposed to what happen?

Yes. It's utterly fucking boring. 

Weird. It feels like content was cut here, like for example being able to move the camera around. Its so out of place with the interactivitity in all of the other 'cutscenes'. But maybe it gets more so in the later quests.

3 hours ago, Gabe said:

I intend to stick with a trusty assault rifle - as much as I don't mind a bit of melee-combat, I hate it in first-person, so it'll be some running-and-gunning for my V.

Yes me too usually, but in this it works so well.

3 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Weird. It feels like content was cut here, like for example being able to move the camera around. Its so out of place with the interactivitity in all of the other 'cutscenes'. But maybe it gets more so in the later quests.

With that dude? No.

Oh man I did the cyberpsycho in the industrial plot with the exoskeleton. Got absolutely chinned to shit repeatedly (in spite of my 0-5 now dishing out 20k damage headshots against normal enemies) until I started to actually use my brain.

11 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

It’s a meditation! :quote:

3 minutes ago, choddo said:

Oh man I did the cyberpsycho in the industrial plot with the exoskeleton. Got absolutely chinned to shit repeatedly (in spite of my 0-5 now dishing out 20k damage headshots against normal enemies) until I started to actually use my brain.

"Try not to kill the massive murdering psycho-cunt, or I'll be cross!" - Regina Jones. 

Fuck you, Regina. 

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

I started this on Stadia last night (it ran really well!) but I will scrap that playthrough and start again (I feel I should've explored the initial area a bit more, I presume there's stuff to do?) I can't quite get on with the controls though because there's no subtlety of movement, when you turn the camera it just zooms far too quickly (even with sensitivity down to 1). Are there any other control options I can tweak (there's about eleventy billion different sliders and stuff) to make it less twitchy and more a smoother and steadier experience?

try these:-

image.thumb.png.adfa865723504212622d62975271d6f6.png

It makes it so moving the stick just a touch turns slowly, and pushing it all the way turns at max speed. gets rid of all the acceleration garbage!

Obviously your choice of sensitivity will vary, i like it to turn fast when i push the stick to the edge! maybe try them at like 25 first and see how that feels

5 minutes ago, ZOK said:

This. I wonder if you get a mega bonus for not touching the controller at all throughout! (I hit the 'get on with it' control to speed up the speech!)

1 minute ago, Parappa said:

Picked this up on ps4 for 20 quid on Facebook. Going to be playing on PS5. Is it worth starting with now it's been updated or shall I wait for next gen patch? 

there is literally no timescale for when that will be. There is currently no ray tracing support on amd cards on PC at the mo, so its prob gonna be after that.

at the moment it basically runs at nearly locked 60 and with better load times! have at it!:)

41 minutes ago, ZOK said:

38 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

I know but......

I guess I hate mediating.:blah:

Meditation ... that lame fucking exercise for people lacking any kind of self awareness in the hope they "discover" themselves. Put a gun to their head, they'll soon discover who they are. /Johnny Silverhand ;)

Digital Foundry have done an analysis of the Stadia version of Cyberpunk:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-cyberpunk-2077-stadia-is-the-surprise-package

It gets quite a positive writeup, although they make a big song and dance out of having to find a 200mb public wi-fi spot to get a decent connection, which is pretty surprising - I would have thought that DF of all people would have decent broadband.

It’s just amazing that we are getting Series X equivalent performance out of the Stadia - my total investment for game, Chromecast and controller was £40!

Incidentally, there is an added bonus to playing C2077 on Stadia that they don’t mention - if you get occasional streaming stutter, you can just pretend it’s a Relic malfunction! :lol:

It’s pretty amazing that you can get that level of performance just paying the price for the game itself. I’m a huge Stadia convert - I just wish more publishers supported it, it seems to mainly be Ubisoft. 

Not sure if this is spoilers or not, so tagged anyways...

Spoiler

Regina can do one. Her passive aggressive response to my non-passive aggression doing her missions can sod right off. And shes a skinflint with her payments too. Almost didnt give her gun back. Eugh.

It’s been mentioned many times before (by @Thor I think) but the level of detail in what initially seem piddly side quests is staggering, you play some and they can easily take an hour plus, and you might never even have played it in a run through.

3 hours ago, 5R7 said:

try these:-

It makes it so moving the stick just a touch turns slowly, and pushing it all the way turns at max speed. gets rid of all the acceleration garbage!

Obviously your choice of sensitivity will vary, i like it to turn fast when i push the stick to the edge! maybe try them at like 25 first and see how that feels

Thanks, I'll give those a go later.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Some others have mentioned it too, but yes, there is a fair amount of completely optional side stuff that is genuinely great.

I am loving the Liz P side quest

I feel if I had known better I would have invested in technical. I did a cool/net runner build. But there is too much cool shit to craft. 

3 hours ago, MK-1601 said:

I like that some of the other fixers aren't ungrateful pricks like Regina, some of them get quite jazzed when you murder everyone.

what the fuck is up with Regina. I feel like all my gigs are for her. I am 50 hours in and I am about to go meet the vodoo boys.