Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

I drove up to the dam in the daytime and looked back at the city and was blown away, even in its PS4 lack of glory. I also noticed that the day/ night cycle is very long, 6 seconds elapse per IRL second so you don’t have this thing like Rockstar games where you can watch the sun move across the sky. I was driving around in the desert for about 2 hours in the baking sun, then I went back to my flat for a sleep and woke up with the neon lights all on outside. Amazing. 

iMmErSiOn

3 hours ago, Hodge said:

Done around 10 hours now on PC. Johnny silver hand has been introduced is where I'm upto. My thoughts are pretty much the main quest line is awesome, I can easily leave the rest.

You have this massive city with nothing to do in it, I find the menu system aweful and outside the main campaign I'm struggling to derive any enjoyment from it.

For me they should of compacted the playing area and increased interactivity. 

Overall still loving the atmosphere and story, just not digging the rest.

Some of the side missions are better than the main campaign.

34 minutes ago, ZOK said:

I love the deserted industrial areas in this game, something really distinct about them.

Yeah, driving through those, out past the MAGA gang houses, into the wilds is great. Feels real.

Or at least it will, when my update download finally bloody finishes. Three days, now. Keep having to pause it so we can stream a movie. Given the game has such a bad rep, it's frustrating when you can't play it. (Edit: just checked; only 15 hours to go, but I just had to pause the download again. Maybe tomorrow...)

Fully patched on next gen, or PC, this will be glorious. I hope the devs get the chance to release more in this world, ideally under saner working conditions.

I'm 80 hours in and on Act 2- I think I've mopped up every single fixer gig (the vehicle symbols on the map being the same as side jobs is so fucking annoying and needlessly lazy) and currently my available quests list in the journey is very small :(

I remember when I was getting texts and calls every other min - now they are less frequent given how much I have played the game but each time my phone rings with a potential new gig I get fucking giddy. I'll do a full write up when I am finally done but the last time I was this engrossed in a game and its world was Fallout New Vegas. Exact same situation - xmas hols at home so two weeks off work and doing nothing but getting lost in a new world with its characters and individual stories. Even some of the fixer gigs had interesting situations and the gameplay loop has been genuinely fun for me. I even enjoy the shooting - the feeling of some of the guns is great and one shotting through cover with tech weapons isn't getting old. 

I hope this gets good DLC because I won't want to stop playing this when it is all done (I will need to for the sake of other games). The Witcher 3 had the best DLC story wise with Hearts and Stone and a gorgeous world in Blood and Wine so once they fix this fucker I hope they keep adding to it. 

2 hours ago, dvdx2 said:

I used most of this guys settings for control on the Xbox one x last night and it was like playing a different game. Smoother, more responsive an it felt like a doubling of the frame rate!

Thanks @dvdx2 this is just what I need.

I seem to have a quest breaking bug in one of the early missions... 'The Pickup' I think it's called....

Spoiler

I've picked up the flathead and after all the carnage has ensued, I have the option of sneaking around the boss dude... but if I do so, Jackie becomes stuck inside the building and I need to talk to him to continue... but I can't because there is no way back inside (a security guy from Militech blocks you from re-entering)

... anyone else encountered this and know of an easy workaround?  I've googled it, but I'm very wary of spoilers, and I couldn't see a resolution other than to re-do that section and go for a more violent method which I don't really want to do.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

I seem to have a quest breaking bug in one of the early missions... 'The Pickup' I think it's called....

Hide contents

I've picked up the flathead and after all the carnage has ensued, I have the option of sneaking around the boss dude... but if I do so, Jackie becomes stuck inside the building and I need to talk to him to continue... but I can't because there is no way back inside (a security guy from Militech blocks you from re-entering)

... anyone else encountered this and know of an easy workaround?  I've googled it, but I'm very wary of spoilers, and I couldn't see a resolution other than to re-do that section and go for a more violent method which I don't really want to do.

I had that. Just had to go back and do the last bit again from previous checkpoint. 

(I’m not convinced you’re supposed to be able to sneak there, I didn’t and still had the issue though.) Just try it again. 

6 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I had that. Just had to go back and do the last bit again from previous checkpoint. 

(I’m not convinced you’re supposed to be able to sneak there, I didn’t and still had the issue though.) Just try it again. 

I tried it a few times from the previous checkpoint, and same result every time.  The 'sneak past' is an optional note in the quest tracker, so you're obviously supposed to have the option.  I'll go the violent route just to progress.

I’m almost 50 hours into this now. Got to the ‘point of no return’ so have just been buzzing around cleaning up any side gigs that come up.

it’s glorious. I’m a tad heartbroken it’s had so many buggy issues because frankly it’s the most jaw droppingly immersive game in so long, 

ive just got the cyberware where I can shoot grenades out of my hand and equally, the double jump one is equally very very useful.

Long story short, it’s ace.

16 minutes ago, Oz said:

the interior of some of these cars is insane. albeit not massively functional as I can barely see ahead. 

#notuggly

1685024739_Cyberpunk2077Screenshot2020_12.30-22_20_36_59.png

The Quadra Turbo R V-Tech (car from the trailer) has the most practical view of all the cars I have tried. :)

Hello in here for the first time. I am borderline obsessed with this game. Trying not to play the main quest so that it doesn't end, but I'll have to soon.

Does anyone else get the sense that playing it now might be missing out on the best version of the game? I mean of course it's a bit buggy but I keep coming across areas and half-quests that clearly need finishing, plus I imagine we can expect a lot of GTA-esque bits such as moddable cars, (and hopefully a revised handling and damage model), as well as the multiplayer. And they've confirmed modding support...

I guess I'll play it now then re-play in a few years. But I wonder if those who pick this up in say, 2023 will be getting the best experience?

1 hour ago, Robbo said:

Hello in here for the first time. I am borderline obsessed with this game. Trying not to play the main quest so that it doesn't end, but I'll have to soon.

Does anyone else get the sense that playing it now might be missing out on the best version of the game? I mean of course it's a bit buggy but I keep coming across areas and half-quests that clearly need finishing, plus I imagine we can expect a lot of GTA-esque bits such as moddable cars, (and hopefully a revised handling and damage model), as well as the multiplayer. And they've confirmed modding support...

I guess I'll play it now then re-play in a few years. But I wonder if those who pick this up in say, 2023 will be getting the best experience?

I reached a point in which I have not come across any more Braindance sections and I’m also now tooled up with some serious firepower. Since then I’ve been obsessed with the game. It’s a staggering achievement in some regards and feels like a vague successor to my beloved Deus Ex from back in the day.

Ultimately I’ll see it through on the Series X but fully intend to double dip with the PC version when I can get my hands on a graphics card that will do it justice. At the current rate of gpu deliveries that may well be 2023. 

On 27/12/2020 at 11:59, smac said:

Aaaaaaand it's a moot point anyway. I put the PS4 online last night after the sound bug to check the size of the d/l, and for any system updates (4 hours to download the new system update and that failed to install) and now I have to update Cyberpunk before I can play it again.

Which is why I play unpatched games, or usually wait for the later GOTY or budget edition...

So the patch finally installed at 9:30 am this morning. Only four days later, and now I can play again.

First impressions are good; the city feels sharper and cleaner, load times are reduced. A crash early on, on a random side quest I drove past was worrying. UI has been enhanced - better icons on the map, more filters on the Inventory (I can now view blades, consumables and attachments/mods separately). Still can't drive to Panem's camp except by one route over the scrub, but the message has changed to say 'nothing for you that way...yet'.

Unless the difficulty has been reset, enemies seem sharper, and I'm spotted much more quickly/often. Something has maybe been done about weight for a particular class of item, because I seem to be carrying a hell of a lot less weight than I remember.

28 minutes ago, smac said:

So the patch finally installed at 9:30 am this morning. Only four days later, and now I can play again.

First impressions are good; the city feels sharper and cleaner, load times are reduced. A crash early on, on a random side quest I drove past was worrying. UI has been enhanced - better icons on the map, more filters on the Inventory (I can now view blades, consumables and attachments/mods separately). Still can't drive to Panem's camp except by one route over the scrub, but the message has changed to say 'nothing for you that way...yet'.

Unless the difficulty has been reset, enemies seem sharper, and I'm spotted much more quickly/often. Something has maybe been done about weight for a particular class of item, because I seem to be carrying a hell of a lot less weight than I remember.

Are you playing on a base PS4 ? Got my son's PS4 as he got a PS5 for Christmas. Don't want to waste my time if it's that glitchy that's all.

5 hours ago, Robbo said:

Does anyone else get the sense that playing it now might be missing out on the best version of the game?

I didn't at the start but at the end I did and regretted it a bit as the minor bugs built up & led to more frequent restarts so it wound me up.

21 minutes ago, Yuujiin said:

Are you playing on a base PS4 ? Got my son's PS4 as he got a PS5 for Christmas. Don't want to waste my time if it's that glitchy that's all.

Base PS4 - @Alan Stock is also running on base PS4.

Tough to know whether to recommend it to someone else - I am loving the game, glitches, bugs and crashes and all, but it's not a smooth experience. I have a relatively high tolerance for jankiness, judging from some of the comments.

However, I have been playing mostly unpatched to date - I've only just restarted with the base patch in place. It is very glitchy without it, for sure.

Personally I'd wait for the next big patch in January on base PS4 if you are thinking on getting it on that format and see how that pans out. Otherwise if you're wanting to get it just now I'd definitely go for another format (apart from base Xbox). At the moment the performance and graphics on base PS4 isn't great (although better than it was on day 1), but really its the extra bugs and jank that is why I wouldn't really recommend it right now.

I've been fortunate in that I got Divinity Original Sin 2 on the Switch for Xmas so I have something else big to lose myself in. I'm planning to only dip into cyberpunk again a wee bit until the January patch in the hopes the experience will be a bit better after that

I've just received an email from Microsoft with a £10 refund for buying/pre ordering this through Xbox store.

I didn't request a refund at all. 

It's puzzled me a bit. I haven't tried playing the game since I got the email but I'm assuming it's still available to play and this is probably a good will gesture?

Anyone else had the same or similar?

Edit - email was received 1.10 am this morning

54 minutes ago, multi said:

I've just received an email from Microsoft with a £10 refund for buying/pre ordering this through Xbox store.

I didn't request a refund at all. 

It's puzzled me a bit. I haven't tried playing the game since I got the email but I'm assuming it's still available to play and this is probably a good will gesture?

Anyone else had the same or similar?

Edit - email was received 1.10 am this morning

I got the £10 refund too.