Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

3 minutes ago, ZOK said:

What’s the point of these iconic weapons? I nearly sold that Dying Light (iirc) pistol but was warned off selling it by the game menu, I’m not sure why it’s special though.

I think you can craft from them and upgrade

Yeah, shotguns, too. Edit: need a certain Body rating. 7 or above is good for opening stiff doors...

I seem to be locked out of completing a Takemura mission, 'Play it Safe' in Japantown bazaar.

Spoiler

I'm taking out three snipers. First is easy, then I have to sprint to an elevator to get down to cross the street to the next building.

Calling elevators is always hit-and-miss. But this one has two guards in front. I can't seem to take them out, lethally or non-lethally, only one is susceptible to distraction. My weapons don't work - I can't fire them, and the hold/takedown prompt does not appear.

Any hints?

2 hours ago, smac said:

Yeah, shotguns, too. Edit: need a certain Body rating. 7 or above is good for opening stiff doors...

I seem to be locked out of completing a Takemura mission, 'Play it Safe' in Japantown bazaar.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm taking out three snipers. First is easy, then I have to sprint to an elevator to get down to cross the street to the next building.

Calling elevators is always hit-and-miss. But this one has two guards in front. I can't seem to take them out, lethally or non-lethally, only one is susceptible to distraction. My weapons don't work - I can't fire them, and the hold/takedown prompt does not appear.

Any hints?

I encountered a stat check for a door that required Lvl 20 in Body. Strangely enough there was a door around the corner into the same room that opened with no stat check.

32 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Do gorilla arms let you open *all* those doors or just up to a certain level?

I can't say I've noticed a difference. They are largely good for lamping cyberpsychos in the face and sending them flying while you repeatedly strong attack them while they're sprawled on the concrete. Hilarious.

I hate the way they look though.

Has anyone tried the monowire?

12 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Regardless of the validity of the original 'take' the apologist bullshit around this is as depressing as it is predictable.

What do you class as "apologist bullshit" ? Saying it's ok to mistreat workers?

Or are you referring to anyone who dares to share a positive experience of playing through this game on a last gen console/doesn't join the "unplayable, shouldn't have been released!" bandwagon that doesn't match their experience of the game?

14 minutes ago, partious said:

What do you class as "apologist bullshit" ? Saying it's ok to mistreat workers?

Or are you referring to anyone who dares to share a positive experience of playing through this game on a last gen console and having the audacity to not join the "unplayable, shouldn't have been released!" bandwagon that doesn't match their experience of the game?

Neither, it's the ones that go "pft it's just a few bugs, let them be" or the dick head that @'d me today who went "It's just how the games industry is, they're all the same." They're not mutuality exclusive, nor are they limited to "Boo! Evil! Unplayable! Burn them!" Or "IT'S SO FUN, IM TRIPPING BALLS ON HOW GOOD IT IS OH MY GOD MY EYES FUCK THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES WHO CARES?!"

I'm presuming the reason the refund thread has fallen off with all this discussion now because either people are bored of it or because we all recognise the futility of criticizing companies like CDPR and we should let people who are enjoying the game just get on with it. Or even that all that can be said has been said.

Tbh being reminded that behind these entertainment products is an army of people that do shitty things to other people is garbage. No-one wants to make their hobby a crisis of conscience. It's bullshit. We use video games as a fucking escape from the shitty things we have to put up with. We don't want to deal with the notion that the people that make them (or at least the upper tier of people who crack the whips) are shitty too.

But seeing as you dragged it up and we're talking about it again I'll share this I read earlier. People can draw their own conclusions as to whether it's knee jerk reaction garbage or relevant to furthering the conversation.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/games/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-game-of-the-year/

fuck it, lets have some "apologist bullshit"!

in the two weeks since this has launched, i have had 0 CTD, 0, game breaking bugs, SOME silly things, like a t-pose, or , a vehicle spawn in another spawn.

BUT, the MOST annoying bug, was in a mission, where, a motorcylce and its rider got stuck in a weird animation error, and kind of jerked up and down, along with the music looping...this was solved by saving and reloading...

NOW, in that same period playing fallout 76, a game that came out TWO YEARS AGO, ive had several CTD, multiple issues of things not spawing in mission, meaing they cant be done, and a case of the game needing to be re downloaded!

so, no, i dont think its that buggy...i mean shit, that console version run just as well as gta 5 did on the ps360! HEll, maybe go look at the big games on the 64 that ran at sub 20fps.

yes im playing on pc, and clearly its the best version, but to be honest, im sick of the seeing the massive amount of hyberbole about the amount of bugs int it, its nothing compared to other games! The game has been massivly hyped up, and everybody and ther dog is jumping on it!

Compared to some the jank we used to get on Pc, that was still considered brillinat, this is nothing!  STALKER, Alpha protocol, kotor2!? brilliant jank!

yeah, in an ideal world, the games industry would work 9-5...but it wont, it cant, sadley.

Yep enemy and NPC AI/Behaviour is like something from 15 years ago. Most of the cities inhabitants are like living statues, it's really odd and ruins the city as a place to experience and explore.

The way police teleport in around you in seconds is fucking irritating as well.

I'm interested to see how much of a fix the AI will get or if that's just the way it is.

9 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Neither, it's the ones that go "pft it's just a few bugs, let them be" or the dick head that @'d me today who went "It's just how the games industry is, they're all the same." They're not mutuality exclusive, nor are they limited to "Boo! Evil! Unplayable! Burn them!" Or "IT'S SO FUN, IM TRIPPING BALLS ON HOW GOOD IT IS OH MY GOD MY EYES FUCK THEIR BUSINESS PRACTICES WHO CARES?!"

I'm presuming the reason the refund thread has fallen off with all this discussion now because either people are bored of it or because we all recognise the futility of criticizing companies like CDPR and we should let people who are enjoying the game just get on with it. Or even that all that can be said has been said.

Tbh being reminded that behind these entertainment products is an army of people that do shitty things to other people is garbage. No-one wants to make their hobby a crisis of conscience. It's bullshit. We use video games as a fucking escape from the shitty things we have to put up with. We don't want to deal with the notion that the people that make them (or at least the upper tier of people who crack the whips) are shitty too.

But seeing as you dragged it up and we're talking about it again I'll share this I read earlier. People can draw their own conclusions as to whether it's knee jerk reaction garbage or relevant to furthering the conversation.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/games/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-game-of-the-year/

I guess you are going to have hyperbolic opinions like these when you post articles which include things like this:

A broken game that caters to the lowest common denominator and is suffused with toxic masculinity, whose development was so severely mismanaged that it took years of inhumane working conditions to put out an unfinished game by a release date that had already been delayed three times, and whose most toxic fans were provoked to first attack journalists who pointed out legitimate problems with it and eventually, after the magnitude of its brokenness was evident, the designers who made it? This is the ultimate example of what the videogame business has become, a noxious cesspool built on anger and exploitation by a management class that doesn’t respect its employees, the press, or its customers, and that has spent decades pandering to the most hostile instincts of its fans.

This is actually equally as bad and ignorant as those on the extremes who are attacking or defending the game.

3 hours ago, footle said:

I dunno, it's not like it's "redefines videogames, open worlds and the whole concept of storytelling".

Relative to some of the shite posted in this thread, something pointing out that the game is broken, focuses heavily on titillation, and has a load of toxic fans who sent epilisy inducing videos to people who pointed out that there might be a problem, and hate-emailed others (curiously women critics) who gave it perfectly reasonable and accurate reviews, seems fine.

Sure, yes. Except the game isn’t broken, it’s not the worst thing a publisher has put out there, its working conditions- which is sadly an industry staple- do not cause a crisis of conscience (not more than other games), it doesn’t have toxic masculinity and it’s not the ultimate example of what’s wrong with the industry, especially when gamers have behaved much worse in other situations or when it actually tries to be ambitious compared to other AAA titles or while it’s offering storytelling, writing and characters which most people find amazing.

So, yes, a lot of extreme shit has been written in this thread, we agree on that. 

This is ultimately just a prettier Witcher or Skyrim in essence. I understand why that’s disappointing if people were expecting some sort of breakthrough, but realistically where’s the motivation for anyone to put the effort in?

Games sell millions of copies as they are. Whether it’s FIFA or a RPG like this, why develop revolutionary AI when people are buying your shit as it is?

It’s not like the film or music industry where some upstart can challenge your status with something they made on a phone - indie games can be revolutionary and innovative, but they don’t compete with AAA titles. 

I think it will be a long time before anything improves dramatically in gaming, there’s no reason to right now. 

1 hour ago, Pockets said:

It’s not like the film or music industry where some upstart can challenge your status with something they made on a phone - indie games can be revolutionary and innovative, but they don’t compete with AAA titles.

1675876903_2Q.jpg.60f70a541cdafa54f665fb036b32b743.jpg

275782643_2Q(1).jpg.4321d575caeb53ca69faefbe9ac857cb.jpg

FMKQ1KflWCAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png.aab29232409d221b964bd1d892ddf80c.png

633335458_9k.jpg.e16ef703ecd23a776cee47bc6c1eb6a2.jpg

1941622935_2Q(2).jpg.0b9acc44e4d80a2c3d520e92c0bfefbf.jpg

?

14 minutes ago, Wiper said:

1675876903_2Q.jpg.60f70a541cdafa54f665fb036b32b743.jpg

275782643_2Q(1).jpg.4321d575caeb53ca69faefbe9ac857cb.jpg

FMKQ1KflWCAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png.aab29232409d221b964bd1d892ddf80c.png

633335458_9k.jpg.e16ef703ecd23a776cee47bc6c1eb6a2.jpg

1941622935_2Q(2).jpg.0b9acc44e4d80a2c3d520e92c0bfefbf.jpg

?

Yeah, you’ve missed my point. I don’t mean compete financially, I mean for audience within a genre. Aside from PUBG which influenced a lot of AAA spin offs, those games are all their own quirky thing which is why they’re successful. 

No one is making an indie game like Cyberpunk or FIFA because you just can’t without a huge budget so they cannot be pushed. 

My point is, you can make Blair Witch Project and compete with blockbusters and their audience. You can’t really make a blockbuster game unless you’re already huge and if you are, where your motivation to innovate? (You can of course make an indie which becomes a blockbuster, but that’s not what I mean). 

Of the games above, they’re hugely successful but they created their own audience and didn’t threaten established AAA devs in the same fields. 

There’s a lot of pretend misunderstanding on this forum and I don’t really get what it’s for. Someone will say something where it’s clear what they’re getting at and someone else will come along making out they’re being ridiculous because they’ve taken a sliver of ambiguity and made out that’s all it is.