Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

3 hours ago, Gringo said:

I’m not that far into it, maybe haven’t given it enough of a chance, but I have found it be overwhelming and boring.

Of all the criticism levelled at the game, this is the central problem. Much worse than stupid bugs. It’s just a boring game. 

12 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

How do you holster your weapon/hands?  I'm walking around like I'm in a Kumite right now.

Didn't work for me originally, but double-tap the same key you use to draw your gun. Or press and hold it to display a weapon select page and select the 'no gun' option.

Triangle and option to the right on PS4.

21 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Does make me laugh when I keep seeing comments online about how the Xbox and PS4 can't be expected to make amazing visuals. Always post stuff like this in response:

GOW5_0.jpg

I mean it just doesn't compare does it? :lol:

Untitled.jpg

Not a good-faith comparison, given the kinds of environments/technology required by each of the games. 

I've got a Quasar pistol that seems to have dropped with triple the DPS of anything I'm finding. It's got a 20 shot rotary(!?) magazine, is accurate as fuck when scoped and yet seems to fire shotgun shells, it's incredible:

6xInGVH.jpg

I beat the last few cyberpsychos by hitting them with a quickhack that stuns them and then rapid headshotting them to death before they could even recover. Then I ran into one in a mech suit and got my arse handed to me.

3 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I Then I ran into one in a mech suit and got my arse handed to me.

I've done two of those kind now. The first one glitched and just stood there as I shot his face off, so that was good. The second one I hid on the roof of a building like a complete coward, throwing EMP grenades at him and huffing meds to deal with his laser blast/rail cannon thingie.

I feel no shame.

Had a really good session with this last night, fought my first boxing match, raided some kind of gang hideout and got a load of loot such as some nice weapons and new armour that frankly looks terrible, but in a good 80's kind of way. I also started the questline in Lizzie's, met Evelyn and Judy and got introduced to brain dance investigations which are really cool. Really enjoying it so far.

Had an unfortunate bug where during one of the BD cutscenes with Evelyn/ Judy, they environment disappeared and all I could see was low poly, untextured cars driving around. However, a manual save and then reload fixed it, and thanks to the SX SSD only took 30 seconds, so if anyone has any game breaking bugs like that until they fix it, give that a go.

17 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

maxresdefault.jpg

And that was a PS3 game that plenty of people said “doesn’t look that different”

CDPR thought they could brute force their way into rockstar status but unfortunately for everyone, they’re aren’t that special.

22 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

No, that's why there's an option to not have to. You have to enable the option to choose, in fact. 

I didn't see this. It was just there as I went down the other options. Can't remember if that was before or after I got to the option to choose the breast size.

2 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Of all the criticism levelled at the game, this is the central problem. Much worse than stupid bugs. It’s just a boring game. 

FFS. I think this is true. I'm not that far into the game yet (Act 1) and it seems to run fine on my PC (knock on wood), but it's indeed boring as fuck up until now. Also, the NPC don't contribute at all to setting up a believable world. And yes, interface and menu are way too complicated.

1 hour ago, Harrisown said:

And that was a PS3 game that plenty of people said “doesn’t look that different”

CDPR thought they could brute force their way into rockstar status but unfortunately for everyone, they’re aren’t that special.

Becoming Rockstar is something impossible to force. On the other hand, Rockstar hasn’t produced something equivalent of Witcher 3 since San Andreas imo so...

43 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

I didn't see this. It was just there as I went down the other options. Can't remember if that was before or after I got to the option to choose the breast size.

Eh, sorry for the very "comic book guy" answer. I showed my girlfriend the game and had her make a character and thought her reaction was quite funny, but in principle, I agree, it feels quite unnecessary. I think as @MattyP says, it's a bit of a talking point and not much else. 

4 hours ago, partious said:

It's interesting how Witcher 3 managed to be everyone's favourite rpg/game ever for 5 years with the exact same hollow/nonexistent npc ai/interactivity issues that this has along with noticeably less ability to interact with your surroundings and climb around etc than this game has but suddenly it's a massive issue here when the same developer makes a gameworld that behaves similarly to the ones they've made in the past.

I think the main reason I've been having such an enjoyable experience with this game (aside from being an apologist corporate shill) is because I was just looking forward to the next game from a studio who made some other games I like and not the ultimate life simulation that would be all things to all people and transcend all other gaming experiences. 

The discussion around this game really fits into the wider issue with AAA gaming where everything has to be either the best game ever or the most disgraceful piece of trash ever released.

I haven’t played Cyberpunk yet but I agree with a lot of this - lots of gamers have a peculiar habit of viewing each new big release through the prism of ‘ideal game’ rather than what the developer has done in the past and what they’re likely to be good and bad at. 

Witcher 3 was a game that really had a lot of flaws - even the main narrative is a bit of a mess - but it was carried through by extremely good characterisation and incidental writing. The problem is that lots of people who loved the game don’t seem to be able to isolate exactly why they liked it - ‘I love the game so the combat must be decent!’ - and then they expect CDProjekt’s next game to have amazing interactive systems and FPS gun play even though there was nothing in the Witcher 3 to suggest this was likely. 

Of course it doesn’t help when the developer itself appears to have fallen victim to some of this blindness, but it would be nice if people could approach games on what the final product has tried to do vs what people  (and yes, marketing) have created in their heads.

2 minutes ago, Flanders said:

I haven’t played Cyberpunk yet but I agree with a lot of this - lots of gamers have a peculiar habit of viewing each new big release through the prism of ‘ideal game’ rather than what the developer has done in the past and what they’re likely to be good and bad at. 

Witcher 3 was a game that really had a lot of flaws - even the main narrative is a bit of a mess - but it was carried through by extremely good characterisation and incidental writing. The problem is that lots of people who loved the game don’t seem to be able to isolate exactly why they liked it - ‘I love the game so the combat must be decent!’ - and then they expect CDProjekt’s next game to have amazing interactive systems and FPS gun play even though there was nothing in the Witcher 3 to suggest this was likely. 

Of course it doesn’t help when the developer itself appears to have fallen victim to some of this blindness, but it would be nice if people could approach games on what the final product has tried to do vs what people  (and yes, marketing) have created in their heads.

Witcher 3 is one of my favourite games. I like the story, the world, the characters and the lore. 

the combat is shit, though.