Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

35 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Can someone remind me at what point you see the title screen? I'm 40 hours in and on act 2 so I presume Ive seen it but can't recall.

Yes you will have but it's blink and you miss it.  Comes in the aftermath of the Heist (which I only round to doing last night too).

I have to turn the difficulty up when I play tonight. I got an SMG that absolutely melts and also I put a mod in it that sets fire to people. I did the Flathead mission last night and chewed through Maelstrom like they were made out of margarine. Royce's face is mad creepy, the whole front of it is missing and caved in where his optics are installed.

I guess he's a lot less creepy now that I've decapitated him with a shotgun blast. Prick. Put a gun in my fucking face see what happens

Graphics in this while driving around are so terrible. I know I keep saying it. Luckily I haven't had a single bug other than two crashes. It's a digital copy, might that be what's making a difference? My PS4 is 6 years old and sounds like a hovercraft while I'm playing.

Can someone tell me if there is a stat check in the Heist and if so, what they are? I have some points to spend and I don't want to kick myself.

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

This dawned on me a few days ago, but then I forgot and it just has again. This uses exactly the same mission template as Witcher 3.

You have 2 or 3 main questlines, then main character quests that usually involve fucking. 

Then beat on the brat is fists of fury. The beast in me is horse racing. Psycho Killer is hunts and rides are treasure hunts.

Not got a problem with it, but it's just a bit safe I guess.

Agreed.   Another point of comparison is all the various food and drink items which offer buffs much like the potions and tonics.

Also, a bit more a stretch perhaps, quick hacks are the equivalent of signs. 

I'm still really enjoying the game on Series X, but you have to pretend you're on the ride the game wants to give you as otherwise the illusion falls apart immediately. I'm disappointed that the NPCs don't really do anything, for example. A couple will have a conversation together (that might be repeated in full if you go to the same place a few minutes later), and then they'll just stand there. Maybe you'll have the option to talk to one of them with X and get a single line of dialogue in return, but then once again they'll be back to a waxwork. No reaction, no movement, get right up in their face and they'll do nothing at all. It's not exactly the living, breathing world that I thought would be happening, and none of the civilians seem to have daily routines or do anything interesting. What if NPCs could spot you listening to them if you're being blatant about it, and tell you to mind your own business? What if they reacted angrily (or even with interest) when you get up in their personal space? But the missions are a lot of fun, so just stay on the ride and it's a great time. As an open world game that should have a bunch of systems that interact, though, it's not next gen at all, really. Feels like the devs ditched a lot of the ambition we imagined they'd have.. whether it was supposed to be in there and will be patched back into the game over the next year or so, who knows? The 'cop spawning' issue, for example - surely that's just a bodge job and a proper wanted/chase system is meant to be present.

22 hours ago, 5R7 said:

@robdood has it running on a 970 at a solid 30 looking pretty nice! pop into the PC tech thread and i think he listed his settings!

NOTE: its very unlikely you will get 60 with that cpu, but a solid 30 should be doable! plus, your SSD is going to help!

Hmmmmm. 30fps. I'll have a look. Rather have it playing at 60 to be honest. Guessing my CPU/GPU is getting on a bit.

7 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Hmmmmm. 30fps. I'll have a look. Rather have it playing at 60 to be honest. Guessing my CPU/GPU is getting on a bit.

You'll get 60fps on series x or ps5 right now, I'm not sure it would be possible at all on that pc. 

35 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Your GPU is only one year younger than the original PS4 / Xbox One, getting on a bit is putting it mildly. :lol:

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

The 'cop spawning' issue, for example - surely that's just a bodge job and a proper wanted/chase system is meant to be present.

Yeah, especially so when you read articles from last year like this one: 

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-wanted-system-corrupt-police/

then you see the final product and they just spawn behind the player: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soiy_SsgiTM

3 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Your GPU is only one year younger than the original PS4 / Xbox One, getting on a bit is putting it mildly. :lol:

Well its a Ti so 2015 but yes.... I think a PC upgrade is due at somepoint. If I can actually obtain any bits next year! 

42 minutes ago, MattyP said:

FWIW, I felt the same as you initially, but it looks so bad on low settings, imo.  The motion blur makes up for the 30fps to an extent.  But I can play it at almost max details at 30, which is great!

I remember when half life and deus ex were the shit on pc and the ps2 had ports which were pretty good but clearly different beasts. This feels like that. Running the game on pc feels like the next step in open world city detail and density but seeing it on base consoles YIKES

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

I'm still really enjoying the game on Series X, but you have to pretend you're on the ride the game wants to give you as otherwise the illusion falls apart immediately. I'm disappointed that the NPCs don't really do anything, for example. A couple will have a conversation together (that might be repeated in full if you go to the same place a few minutes later), and then they'll just stand there. Maybe you'll have the option to talk to one of them with X and get a single line of dialogue in return, but then once again they'll be back to a waxwork. No reaction, no movement, get right up in their face and they'll do nothing at all. It's not exactly the living, breathing world that I thought would be happening, and none of the civilians seem to have daily routines or do anything interesting. What if NPCs could spot you listening to them if you're being blatant about it, and tell you to mind your own business? What if they reacted angrily (or even with interest) when you get up in their personal space? But the missions are a lot of fun, so just stay on the ride and it's a great time. As an open world game that should have a bunch of systems that interact, though, it's not next gen at all, really. Feels like the devs ditched a lot of the ambition we imagined they'd have.. whether it was supposed to be in there and will be patched back into the game over the next year or so, who knows? The 'cop spawning' issue, for example - surely that's just a bodge job and a proper wanted/chase system is meant to be present.

This is no different to The Witcher 3 to be fair. The Witcher 3 is full of NPCs that stay glued to the spot repeating the same lines and performing the same routines over and over again. It's reasonable to think things might have progressed in 5 years but then I also feel like I never really heard much of this criticism leveled at The Witcher 3. Is it that Cyberpunk feels on the surface more like a GTA/sandbox game so people expect things to be more dynamic whereas The Witcher is more obviously a traditional RPG so people accept the lack of reactivity more? 

22 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Yeah, especially so when you read articles from last year like this one: 

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-wanted-system-corrupt-police/

The same with the fast travel stations everywhere, there was clearly supposed to be a subway, monorail, etc, given the 2018 trailer started in one, and this is an obvious plan B.

5 minutes ago, Majora said:

This is no different to The Witcher 3 to be fair. The Witcher 3 is full of NPCs that stay glued to the spot repeating the same lines and performing the same routines over and over again. It's reasonable to think things might have progressed in 5 years but then I also feel like I never really heard much of this criticism leveled at The Witcher 3.

I don't recall CDPR ever mentioning anything about AI or dynamism pre-release, so it's weird to see so many online assume it'd be doing something significantly innovative based on nothing. That you don't see gang members driving about in cars and they can't seem to chase you is an obvious shortcoming though.

Honestly a big theme in the criticism is that all the problems with Red Dead Redemption 2 were mad overstated. That does a huge amount of what people want and now ask for, but good luck getting gamers ever to back down on a circlejerk.

5 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

The same with the fast travel stations everywhere, there was clearly supposed to be a subway, monorail, etc, given the 2018 trailer started in one, and this is an obvious plan B.

I found a monorail station. It's a fast travel point :D

Here's the one odd bug I saw during The Heist on Stadia.  Spoilered for very mild possible spoilers about the mission:

Spoiler

https://stadia.google.com/capture/f179a0a8-3ac2-4e07-8bcb-d53b87a733e6

You can see I wasn't sure where he was popping off to, and tried to get round in front of him to get a better look, but just put him out of his misery in the end.  Jackie apparently thought the guy was already dead...

@MattyP here's a short vid of how it runs on my PC from 2014 :)

The video jerks in a few places, that's due to my pc struggling to record at the same time, it was solid 30fps as I was playing!  The quality isn't the best either as I had to use a lower bitrate to be able to record, but should give a general impression of the viability of a less-than-ideal framerate :D

I'm struggling to decide if this is a roaring success or a jank-gantic failure. For every smooth section of immersion - seeing one bloke, completing an objective, grabbing a bite, having a kip - there's one where I call my ride and it doesn't appear. Then I run over a peddie because they appear out of nowhere, so the filth jump me.

Then I get involved in a side quest rated as as difficult as the previous one (which I found easy) and it's filled with 2-3 super soldiers who take 1% from a head shot with my best weapon, but dealing out 60% damage in a single blast. 

So yeah... I love it when it works, but it frequently breaks so bad it walks back on all its gains. 

I think I'm out until it's seriously patched, to be honest. 

6 hours ago, Indy @ S.E. said:

My Series X copy arrived just now, a few days late.

Now to spend many hours installing and updating before I can see and play this beautiful mess for myself.

You could have had it already to go if you'd used the Xbox app to pre-install it!

1 hour ago, RubberJohnny said:

Honestly a big theme in the criticism is that all the problems with Red Dead Redemption 2 were mad overstated. That does a huge amount of what people want and now ask for, but good luck getting gamers ever to back down on a circlejerk.

Understated you mean. People love that thing for some reason. 

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags