Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

27 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Did River's questline last night. Man, that was a cracker. Felt like a David Cage game but good.

It's a good one. I always get distracted by River though as he walks like someone who has shit their pants and is trying to stop too much leakage.

A better Colossus than the Deadpool films IMO! 

photomode_14122020_193256.png

I started this last night on PC, and it's pretty much exactly as I expected. I've been there around launch for every CD Projekt Red game so know the score by now. I remember the original Witcher didn't become decent until a major re-release later on (which was a free upgrade to the original owners).

The feel of the open world is very much an extension of their earlier titles - obviously Witcher 3 but that was in turn an extension of previous efforts. Everything feels a bit static and it lacks that emergent gameplay feel that Rockstar titles bring. Again however, this is what I expected. I'm only very early on but I'm invested in the world 

I was surprised at how short the prologue was though, that was a shame. I enjoyed the first proper mission and subsequent driving around, but I haven't gone far into Act 1 yet.

Performance wise I'm streaming it via Shadow PC. It runs it at Ultra (no RT) at a pretty good framerate and last night it was perfectly playable. My laptop was never designed for gaming so to be able to play this at Ultra is pretty cool. The previous night I couldn't even get through the main menu, but not sure if that was my end of theirs. 

I also have GeForce Now as I wanted to see i running with RT, however there are long queue times to play at the moment so I haven't able to try.

So far so good. I've enjoyed all the CD Projekt Red games, and this is pulling me in like those did. 

Very early into the game (playing on a Nomad) looks like I timed it Okish as had both the large patches (on PS5) to help improve the issues. Only had a few minor bugs so far.

Slowing getting my head around all the settings, UI is very confusing so far, seem to remember the same when The Witcher 3 first game out, but the QoL improves vastly sorted that out.

For anyone like me who finds the breaching a head scratcher, found this explained it much better than the in-game guide:

Have no real idea what perks etc to unlock so far for the Nomad, want to go down the NetRunner route. So been putting points into Intelligence so far.

13 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Did anyone go corpo origin? I’ve heard it lasts all of ten minutes before it kicks you into the game proper, which is a bit of a shame. Quite fancied being a corporate schill and watching everything spiralling down the drain after a deal gone wrong or something. 

Yeah. Remember my crack about a man walks into a bar...and the game crashes?

Well, corpo is about that, without the crash - that was the mission I was on. Fairly short.

And thanks for that guide, @grounded_dreams; I was wondering what the hell I was trying to do. Managed a couple of simple hacks, but nothing complex.

33 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Did anyone go corpo origin? I’ve heard it lasts all of ten minutes before it kicks you into the game proper, which is a bit of a shame. Quite fancied being a corporate schill and watching everything spiralling down the drain after a deal gone wrong or something. 

TBH nomad is at least fifteen minutes long and three conversations.

The impact, where there is one, is more in dialogue options later on in the game.

I don't own this game. But I am enjoying reading this thread. I have a PS4 Pro that's sitting there unused as I got a Switch earlier in the year which has had more than enough to entertain me. I'm so tempted to pick this up for the Pro. But, I might wait for the incoming patches to solve the bugs. I'm not worried about Ray Tracing and high fidelity (I thought that was an old b-boy tune), so talk me in/out of it hive mind. In its current state, is it payable on the Pro? 

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

I've found being Corpo has been advantageous in Conversations. Think I'll try nomad next. 

I've played all three origins, they're all about the same length if you just beeline/do what the objective marker says. 

I do want to try them again though, e.g. I want to find out if that sheriff stays true to his threats if you loiter in that town from the Nomad intro

Loving it so far on Series X.  Started each of the three openings and settled on Nomad female. I just chose one of the presets and made a few small changes as I had spent ages on my first character which just looked goofy in the ingame engine and different to the character creator version.

Obligatory bug report:

Only a few small ones so far... Jackie walking through elevator doors, my character appearing without pants in the mirror, then without hair. On my first character I also had an item overlay on the UI not disappear, and now I think a text label is missing for the 'A' button in the UI for something - can't remember. Unable to change car view without exiting and re-entering the vehicle. Nothing near game breaking yet. For the Series X experience it seems like something that just needed a few extra weeks QA or a short beta. I dread to think what the game was like before the delays and crunch.

Obligatory graphics comment:

Looks good on Series X but disappointing relative to the PC versions. Some locations frankly look bad without the advanced lighting the PC version gets. I'm thinking specifically of the corpo offices at the start if you choose that opening and parts of Watson. Does look like there is plenty of overhead in the next gen machines tough to see significant improvements with the next-gen upgrade. NPC animation for characters you interact with is great, but random characters on the street I'm finding poor, and unlikely to be fixed.

Overall:

Loving it!

4 minutes ago, robdood said:

I do want to try them again though, e.g. I want to find out if that sheriff stays true to his threats if you loiter in that town from the Nomad intro

Maybe in the definitive edition in two years time.

a lot of it is suspension of disbelief^: if you don’t go out of your way to break the game or drive V out of character (where the character is defined by the game) it’ll be a good experience. If you do, then the illusion quickly breaks.

throw grenades at civilians for no reason: as well as a pointless activity you’ll see the game’s illusion break

storm a filling station as part of a story mission? You’ve loads of options and although the AI falls over in parts (partly because you’ve loads of options), it can be quite fun...

^ hence why I think that sheriff thing might be two years down the line; if you treat the game as though you’re being run out of town, the illusion holds and you’ll have more fun; if you treat it like a sim where the NPCs have reactive agency, you’ll probably find that they don’t, and it’s shit.

Thought it would be interesting to post some comparison shots from Stadia.  This was whilst playing via the browser, but I'm not actually sure how screenshots work in Stadia - they're representative of what you see in game, but I don't think you ever see streaming artifacts in the screenshots you save in Stadia as it's taking the shot from the server end)

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

9bGPijh.jpg

ezgif-6-61f686eabdd6.thumb.png.b0b2f1a158ae035c4248446f69d06092.png

(Forgot to go into Photo Mode for this one...)

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

uQ2jKqM.jpg

ezgif-6-4539531343cd.thumb.png.624019c2ebe45a5371bcb2623ecc6212.png

This is photo mode, but it's a bit daft that hiding the UI doesn't include hiding the flippin' mouse pointer...

So the FoV is a bit wider on the PC (and I don't think you can adjust it in Stadia) and there's the obvious texture and lighting differences.  The overall feel's pretty close though, I thought.

7 minutes ago, footle said:

a lot of it is suspension of disbelief^: if you don’t go out of your way to break the game or drive V out of character (where the character is defined by the game) it’ll be a good experience. If you do, then the illusion quickly breaks.

throw grenades at civilians for no reason: as well as a pointless activity you’ll see the game’s illusion break

storm a filling station as part of a story mission? You’ve loads of options and although the AI falls over in parts (partly because you’ve loads of options), it can be quite fun...

^ hence why I think that sheriff thing might be two years down the line; if you treat the game as though you’re being run out of town, the illusion holds and you’ll have more fun; if you treat it like a sim where the NPCs have reactive agency, you’ll probably find that they don’t, and it’s shit.

Oh totally - I've not done any GTA-style carnage sprees, I just know it'll be disappointing.  Playing it like Deus Ex in a giant map :D

I'm kinda already bored of looting though. 

Anyone else find it really hard to target specific pickups when there are a few clos together? it's infuriating.

I do really like the lovely strong sunlight shadows in this game, the colours are just CHEFS KISS

Good going, potato PC!

photomode_15122020_103203.thumb.jpg.fb916834812e58a6ba9dee520debf930.jpg

(although that's a slight cheat as photomode renders at full res, I play at 80% resolution, so like 860p or something)

1 hour ago, robdood said:

Oh totally - I've not done any GTA-style carnage sprees, I just know it'll be disappointing.  Playing it like Deus Ex in a giant map :D

I'm kinda already bored of looting though. 

Anyone else find it really hard to target specific pickups when there are a few clos together? it's infuriating.

Pick them all up, have "automatically junk to components" set, sell all guns at relevant opportunities.

Don't worry so much about "valuable junk" - sell a couple of rare guns and it's soon paid for and you'll gain from convenience.

3 minutes ago, footle said:

Pick them all up, have "automatically junk to components" set, sell all guns at relevant opportunities.

Don't worry so much about "valuable junk" - sell a couple of rare guns and it's soon paid for and you'll gain from convenience.

Yep, it's exactly what I do. Last night I needed to raise a little cash to buy a Quatro Avenger (which I hope will be driveable* with a mod from Nexus mods I'm testing tonight), so I just did some local crimes and mantis bladed every motherfucker in seconds - hoovered up the loot, and sold all the guns. :D 

*Speaking of driveable, I hope they patch out the huge increase in exposure when driving in first person view - on the bike it's fine, but in a car the view brightens very quickly to the the point it's unplayable, you can't fucking see. 

This dawned on me a few days ago, but then I forgot and it just has again. This uses exactly the same mission template as Witcher 3.

You have 2 or 3 main questlines, then main character quests that usually involve fucking. 

Then beat on the brat is fists of fury. The beast in me is horse racing. Psycho Killer is hunts and rides are treasure hunts.

Not got a problem with it, but it's just a bit safe I guess.

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags