Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Can you talk your way through situations in this, or is it all combat, all the time? 

You can talk your way through some, or it can go to rats arse.

there are definitely some situations where you simply can’t talk or sneak though: it’s not currently balanced like an Arkane game.

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Can you talk your way through situations in this, or is it all combat, all the time? 

You definitely can, yes. It's actually not all that combat heavy unless you go out of your way to make it so. As long as you use all the tools and don't mind a slow, stealthy approach. I've played hours without firing a shot.

22 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

You can talk your way out of a fair few situations. Also, there are times when not saying something, or choosing not to instantly fight, means things can be resolved without violence, but that can sometimes depend on who you start as, or what your stats are. 

Question for those who are past or near the end of Act 2:

Spoiler

I've currently got 3 main questlines in Act 2: Evelyn Parker, the Japanese bodyguard and chasing down Hellman. I've gone quite far down the Evelyn route so far (next stop is Pacifica for that one). Was just wondering will I miss out on content if I see it through, i.e. will it close off the other questlines for me? Also is it worth dabbling into the early parts of the other 2 main quests so I don't make life too easy on myself if I return to them after doing the Evelyn quest? I don't really want spoilers, just a general idea would be nice. If they do cut off I'm quite happy to revisit them on another playthrough but it would be nice to know. Ta.

I am starting to like a lot. Seems like you need to spend a fair bit of time with it to even start to realise what is going on. there is a lot to it. i am confused as fuck by the story. and by everything really. you almost want to carve out a good chunk of time to sit with it and get things going. I had been playing it in 15 minute increments which had not been a good way to go about it.

4 minutes ago, Oz said:

I am starting to like a lot. Seems like you need to spend a fair bit of time with it to even start to realise what is going on. there is a lot to it. i am confused as fuck by the story. and by everything really. you almost want to carve out a good chunk of time to sit with it and get things going. I had been playing it in 15 minute increments which had not been a good way to go about it.

Yeah it's really dense and just dumps you into the world and the game with little setup. Once you start doing some story quests and getting out and about it really gets compelling. 

35 minutes ago, Oz said:

Absolutely. Kiddywinkles and silly real life things like work do not help! :lol:

So, yeah, the game can look alright at times, I guess.

(apologies for the multiple posts, and for having had to scale the images down dramatically to fit the 2MB limit)

Edit: and, as queried elsewhere, this is running on a 3700X, 2080 Ti, 16gb RAM.

1718368045_NightMoves.thumb.png.f79b9f2d21165a2e276c8907465d0f50.png

Couple more shots from me too - in game at full screen on an OLED this fidelity of everything just working together is something else. Every single frame of this fucking place is just so DENSE with detail. I can't stop saying DENSEphotomode_15122020_002748.thumb.png.8896e5fdc18a4bb6f2b28f0e00886cf4.png

1 hour ago, Floshenbarnical said:

that’s a different game from the future, presumably 57 years time

what

It really is a totally different looking game on PC.

The first time I went into Afterlife with raytracing on was probably the most I've been impressed with the graphics of something in years.

My PC started to struggle last night. Got down to about 4-5 fps. No idea why. Nothing much had changed. The lad had been playing rocket league on his login. Maybe that was it but it didn’t happen when I first loaded it up.

My pro tip for the evening: don’t steal a maelstrom car. The bloody things blow up spontaneously on a checkpoint reload.

8 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

Question for those who are past or near the end of Act 2:

Hide contents

I've currently got 3 main questlines in Act 2: Evelyn Parker, the Japanese bodyguard and chasing down Hellman. I've gone quite far down the Evelyn route so far (next stop is Pacifica for that one). Was just wondering will I miss out on content if I see it through, i.e. will it close off the other questlines for me? Also is it worth dabbling into the early parts of the other 2 main quests so I don't make life too easy on myself if I return to them after doing the Evelyn quest? I don't really want spoilers, just a general idea would be nice. If they do cut off I'm quite happy to revisit them on another playthrough but it would be nice to know. Ta.

You still have ages to go on all the quest lines you mention. Only one of them will lead to the next arc (and I'm not saying which :P) and the game very bluntly gives you a warning that you're going to go past the point of no return so don't worry about accidentally missing that - you won't.

As for quests, do EVERYTHING. Hunt them out, answer the phone, meet people. A lot of them branch out into other questlines and there are some corkers you'd miss.

Toughed it out at Clouds and made some good progress with the story, but sadly I got a bug that stopped the audio coming from side characters and Keanu. I could read their subtitles but they just stare at me. Hope that gets sorted in the next fix. Think I’ll leave the main quest alone for a while. Playing on Xbox Series X.

2 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Is there any difference in buying this from any of the online stores for PC such as Epic/GoG etc.

Only thing I can think of is whether or not the Epic and Steam versions have DRM in there somewhere.

Oh, and there are various extras that are on GOG you can download (soundtrack etc), but not sure if they are on the other stores.

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags