Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

7 minutes ago, smac said:

BUT! When I stepped out of the cab at the end, ALL the guns I had picked up reappeared in my inventory all at once. Causing me to immediately slow to a crawl for no apparent reason.

Exactly the same thing happened to me, and thats the moment I invested in the Body perk that lets you carry more weight - which fixed the problem. A better approach would have been for them to force you to store your guns in the boot or a storage box before the mission so you can collect em when you please afterwards.

2 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I think the problem when you have a game in this state is that I'm not sure if the game is putting me in a certain situation on purpose or if it's just fucked up. For example, early on in Act 2 (I think) 

Hide contents

I go to Clouds to find somebody, I get told I have to go to Mr Woodman or Foresters office (something to do with Trees cos the sexbot tried to make a joke about it) and when I go there it says that I'm not levelled up enough to break into the office. Well I was just going to have a chat with him - not smash his fucking door down, but next thing you know the place is on lockdown and everybody is pulling shooters and swords. I eventually die after smacking up fools for a while, but then I respawn locked in the club, not levelled up enough to do anything.

Usually I need to work around this problem, like it's a game puzzle because its a videogame, but with this I just reloaded an earlier save and went driving around the city instead.

There's always two ways in. In this situation, there's a route - though it's trickier - that doesn't require a stat check.

So the question is ultimately how broken is this game on PC and on console?

I'm actually still mulling over buying the PC version to play at Xmas time as it seems to be the less buggy and generally give a better experience. Even on my lowish spec PC it seems a better option than going with the Xbox version and running that on a Series X.

Some very mixed opinions on here.... tempted to just say f**k and get the PC version next week and have some fun over Xmas.... But not if the fun turns into a bag of frustration that I will have to put down and leave for a while.

2 minutes ago, MattyP said:

I'm actually still mulling over buying the PC version to play at Xmas time as it seems to be the less buggy and generally give a better experience. Even on my lowish spec PC it seems a better option than going with the Xbox version and running that on a Series X.

Some very mixed opinions on here.... tempted to just say f**k and get the PC version next week and have some fun over Xmas.... But not if the fun turns into a bag of frustration that I will have to put down and leave for a while.

I'm playing the PC version and in 10 hours i've had one gameplay affecting bug (an NPC spawned in a pillar, but after about 15 secs they popped out), and just a handful of graphics bugs.

They are patching the PC version a lot though so definitely go with that one. It's very much a game that's made for PC.

15 minutes ago, MattyP said:

On base consoles its currently proper broken and should not be purchased imo. On next-gen consoles and PC its working well enough to enjoy the on-rails nature of the story and most of the missions are great and its worth a purchase. Just don't go in with any expectations of a decent sandbox as the complete lack of any investment into the AI has ruined that part. On a decent spec'd PC it looks amazing and hopefully in time the next-gen console versions will also receive the proper update which will bring them more into line with this. I've hardly had any issues with bugs since the opening crash issues I had (think patch 1.02 or 1.03 solved most of the initial ones I saw) but just don't go in expecting a deep game that was promised over the last few years, its just not been delivered.

If you have the PC to run it I'd go for that one as modding might be a way to prolong the life of it. I'd also really like to know what the DLC plans are next year and if they will deliver any better AI/subsystems rather than just new missions.

Thanks all. So it looks PC for me then. I was going to wait for the NG console patches to drop but expect they will way later now and I'd rather play this within the next 3-4 months than possibly wait a year. My PC is OK and should be good for a reasonable experience - my expectations aren't hugely high as long as it will run at 60fps whilst looking good enough (not all the streaming issues with the base consoles).

My PC : Ryzen 5 1600, 980Ti, SSD and 16GB of DDR4. It's around 3 years old now. I expect it will be above what the current PS4/XBox builds will be like on a Series X or PS5. And less buggy.

In the end if it plays well enough £40 isn't a massive amount of money....

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

I'm playing it on PC and about 70% of the time it's the most immersive game I've played for a long while, both in terms of the open world exploration and the writing & presentation of the main story and side quests. Unfortunately this means that when the jank happens the other 30% of the time, it really harshly pulls me out of that immersion. As well as those moments, when it's working properly I find myself constantly hoping that the game isn't going to explode in some ridiculous way, or that this engrossing in-game cutscene I'm watching isn't suddenly going to be ruined by one of the characters T-posing or having two copies of their gun emerge vertically from their forearm or whatever.

I can't stop playing, but I sort of wish I hadn't started - I'd love to have experienced a fully immersive version of the game because when it's working it's fucking incredible. So I suppose if you can stand the bugs and (what's worse, IMO) the constant nagging threat of the bugs, go for it. 

edit - I should add that I'm playing it on a fairly shit PC, and I don't know how much that factors into the frequency of the janky moments.

3 minutes ago, Big_H said:

What's the word on the One X version? Lots of talk about the base and next gen consoles, but not so much on the X or PSPro. 

think the pro and one x versions are where the console versions start to become decent. One x is a solid 30fps and dynamic res I think 

30 minutes ago, Fargo said:

think the pro and one x versions are where the console versions start to become decent. One x is a solid 30fps and dynamic res I think 

Ah, nice. I thought I'd maybe hold off, but it's gnawing away at me. Where's doing the best digital deal, do we know? 

16 minutes ago, Alan Stock said:

Just found out that if you hold aim when your weapon's sheathed, you zoom in your view. Then you can use D-pad on controller to zoom in further with your optics. Good for listening in on long distance conversations.

This reminds me - does anybody know how to zoom in and out with keyboard and mouse? The mapping suggests it's mousewheel up and down, but I've never had that work (in generic aim mode or while scoped), though mousewheel does work for switching weapons.

Somewhat relatedly, if anyone knows of a way (even a config file editing way) to remap the 'clear slot' key in the inventory, let me know. It seems to be hard-wired to be the middle-mouse button, which is a bit of a problem as I don't have a middle-mouse button, so can't e.g. unequip a weapon or remove a mod without picking up my joypad and pressing Y, which is moderately tedious.

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Thanks all. So it looks PC for me then. I was going to wait for the NG console patches to drop but expect they will way later now and I'd rather play this within the next 3-4 months than possibly wait a year. My PC is OK and should be good for a reasonable experience - my expectations aren't hugely high as long as it will run at 60fps whilst looking good enough (not all the streaming issues with the base consoles).

My PC : Ryzen 5 1600, 980Ti, SSD and 16GB of DDR4. It's around 3 years old now. I expect it will be above what the current PS4/XBox builds will be like on a Series X or PS5. And less buggy.

In the end if it plays well enough £40 isn't a massive amount of money....

@robdood has it running on a 970 at a solid 30 looking pretty nice! pop into the PC tech thread and i think he listed his settings!

NOTE: its very unlikely you will get 60 with that cpu, but a solid 30 should be doable! plus, your SSD is going to help!

10 minutes ago, Wiper said:

This reminds me - does anybody know how to zoom in and out with keyboard and mouse? The mapping suggests it's mousewheel up and down, but I've never had that work (in generic aim mode or while scoped), though mousewheel does work for switching weapons.

Somewhat relatedly, if anyone knows of a way (even a config file editing way) to remap the 'clear slot' key in the inventory, let me know. It seems to be hard-wired to be the middle-mouse button, which is a bit of a problem as I don't have a middle-mouse button, so can't e.g. unequip a weapon or remove a mod without picking up my joypad and pressing Y, which is moderately tedious.

Zoom out, you say?

6 hours ago, the_debaser said:

It’s partially because CDPR deliberately withheld information about how bad the game ran. Sending out review copies of the PC version and no console version was fairly underhand behaviour. 

6 hours ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

That would be fine if the Master System version wasn't the 60% of the customer base paying for the whole thing.

Sure, I guess you’re both right, but at some point people need to be relied upon to use their common sense and adjust expectations accordingly. 

Half this forum have spent the past year upgrading their PCs in preparation and the other half seem to be saying that the general public have a right to expect the same experience on their seven year old consoles. 

Maybe it’s been misadvertised but again, this is litigation culture and feigned ignorance of basic facts and concepts everyone knows really. “They said we’d get 350mn for the NHS!” Yeah sure, that was your motivating factor. It’s the same bullshit everywhere. People pretending they’re entitled to be outraged when all that’s happened is that they’ve become victims of their own stupidity, ignorance and refusal to do the most basic research. 

6 hours ago, Majora said:

People on forums like this surely expected the PS4 version would never match the videos CDPR were putting out. Would the average consumer though? What you and other apologists in this thread are doing is blaming consumers for a developer's deceitful practices. Literally right up until release CDPR were issuing takedowns on footage of PS4 and XB1 versions of the game. They only sent reviewers PC copies. In pre-release footage they showed next-gen footage and PS4 Pro/XB1X footage but not base console footage.

They knew exactly what they were doing every step of the way and now they're playing the 'we're going to work so hard to fix our shit version of a game that looks nothing like the material we put out and which runs at 15fps during gunfights on the XB1. Oops!' card to try and garner some sympathy.

Fair enough. That’s pretty underhand, but as a long time gaming cynic it’s just the sort of shit I’m used to and expect. I suppose it’s presumptuous of me to expect the ‘public’ to have the same view. 

I’m not some Uber tech geek though. I’m just a 41 year old bloke. I’m pretty mainstream these days. That’s why expect most people who’d be buying this game to know the score and see through what, to me, was always the usual marketing bullshit. 

2 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I think the problem when you have a game in this state is that I'm not sure if the game is putting me in a certain situation on purpose or if it's just fucked up. For example, early on in Act 2 (I think) 

Hide contents

I go to Clouds to find somebody, I get told I have to go to Mr Woodman or Foresters office (something to do with Trees cos the sexbot tried to make a joke about it) and when I go there it says that I'm not levelled up enough to break into the office. Well I was just going to have a chat with him - not smash his fucking door down, but next thing you know the place is on lockdown and everybody is pulling shooters and swords. I eventually die after smacking up fools for a while, but then I respawn locked in the club, not levelled up enough to do anything.

Usually I need to work around this problem, like it's a game puzzle because its a videogame, but with this I just reloaded an earlier save and went driving around the city instead.

There's a key card for that door you can get. 

6 minutes ago, MrCarrot said:

Anyone thinking of taking the Dagger Dealer perk, be warned that you can't pick up your knife after you've thrown it. I literally just threw a thousand eurodollars away. :lol:

That's good to know.  Finally gotten around to the Heist and :wub:  :o :(so far (broke off to eat). Definitely helped to have some more advanced quick hacks on tap for it.

Anyone done the cyber monk and his brother side quest?

12 minutes ago, MrCarrot said:

Anyone thinking of taking the Dagger Dealer perk, be warned that you can't pick up your knife after you've thrown it. I literally just threw a thousand eurodollars away. :lol:

Similarly, though I've seen it recommended in here previously, absolutely avoid the crafting perk which auto-disassembles junk when you pick it up. It doesn't distinguish between normal (3e) junk and expensive (750e) junk, and trashes all of it just as happily for a handful of crafting components. Feels very much like there was an intention to have a distinct 'valuables' category, but it never got implemented.

32 minutes ago, Harsin said:

People in a Cyberpunk thread falling over themselves to defend a dodgy corp.

alanismorrissette.jpg

21 minutes ago, MrCarrot said:

I quite like these two posts sequentially because it really does turn out disappointing when all you need is a knife.