Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

3 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

CEX have dropped the cash price of this from £36 to £23 already. Obviously expecting a ton of trade ins

Looking at their online stock checker it looks like they've got a lot already,  time to put the brakes on. 

They're still selling it at £50, which must make them one of the most expensive places to buy it.  

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

Not sure what to make of the bit about PS4 Xbox One - wasn't the reason for the delay to make sure it ran on all systems?

Given we've all seen the state of the current builds on the base machines the reason for that delay is almost certainly because they failed cert on one or both platforms so they've rushed to fix whatever issues FQA found and got it done as quick as possible with the intention to fix non failing issues once the game is out (and everyone has bought it which is the most important thing).

17 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

Had another look at this last night on Series X, this post won't advance the conversation, I don't think so feel free to skip it.

Soneone told me the game had got an update (now 1.0.4) and Based on what I've seen, I think there's next to no difference between 30 and 60 fps when it comes to visuals in the areas I've visited. The main difference is that 30 feels terrible, I don't think I can play it like that. Apparently the game runs better on Series X if you turn off 120hz support. I also lowered the peak Hdr brightness in the game settings and turned off film grain and a few other things, which I think may have helped it look better. Truth be told, I couldn't really see a difference in the scene I was changing the film grain setting on.

The visual quality is all over the place and playing Corpo, the opening sequence looks worse than anything else I have seen. After that first scene, I saw this guy:

http://imgur.com/gallery/7WKijQR

Who looks so much better than most of the people you encounter. 

I did some training after that:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ny9GpDO

Also, looks great.

Other people look like they're made of shiny plastic. I'm not sure why that is, but it doesn't look like it's desirable. That guy didn't appear to be a major character (perhaps he will be later, no spoilers please).

I did find myself sucked into the game, and ended up doing the first actual mission of the game, and now I'm thinking I might play the game sooner rather than later. It feels like some are racing through this and I don't want to accidentally find out the story in advance, while waiting an indeterminate amount of time for a patch for next gen.

Turn off hdr, it's broken and makes the game look worse. 

Hey, this seems pretty good, if quite buggy.

Fascinated by people I've seen on Twitter howling at every delay now howling that they shouldn't have released it until it was ready.

Also, the music and sound design in this is absolutely astonishing.

I’m glad this game auto saves every fifteen seconds and you can quick save whenever you want. I was in a cutscene where I had the option of doing something if my Body attribute was high enough, so I loaded a save before the mission, did some side quest shit, and went back and did the thing. Feels good

32 minutes ago, Isaac said:

They've offered a patch schedule and full refunds, and you call it 'condenscending bullshit'.

"Mild criticism" :lol:

Within 4 days after release they offer full refunds. They realised the poor state the PS4/Xbox One versions were in, released them anyway and now do this "look at us, working hard on updates to make the game function. Also, if you want a refund that's an option".

They knew and had statements prepared. Not saying they won't fix the issues, but let's not pretend CDPR is surprised by the negative feedback from the PS4/Xbox One crowd.

To me, that's very condescending.

11 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Also, the music and sound design in this is absolutely astonishing.

Absolutely.

Played for about two hours yesterday on a mediocre PC and it ran quite well on High settings. Didn't encounter any bugs yet. But I likely still wait till end of January when some more hotfixes and maybe a major performance patch drops. On console I will wait for the next-gen patch for Series X. 

41 minutes ago, JoeK said:

To be honest with you, in terms of mechanics and user interface it feels all of its eight years in development.

It's not a bad game at all - it's got some pretty amazing stuff going on in it, but it feels utterly dated in its mechanics to me. The user interface is pretty much an abomination and constantly, unceasingly kicks me in the balls with it's unnecessary complexities.

As I've said before - I think the real Cyberpunk game is going to be out in a year or two's time and I think it'll be almost unrecognisable, but it's disappointing to me at least that CDPR haven't learnt as much as I thought they would have based on what they've produced before, and now they're going to have to spend countless hours and months plugging the holes.

I have no doubt that they will - CDPR are pretty much as good as it gets for consistent updates and improvements - but they're constantly doing things the hard way, and it's just annoying because I'm not getting paid to be a beta-tester. 

Well put. 

I just played for a few hours on PC but I felt the same.... at moments it feels like a late PS3 games while at others' it feels truly next-gen. Which can be explained by the 8-year development period. Red Dead Redemption 2 suffered from the same faith. 

15 minutes ago, df0 said:

They knew and had statements prepared. Not saying they won't fix the issues, but let's not pretend CDPR is surprised by the negative feedback from the PS4/Xbox One crowd.

I'm about 16 hours in on base ps4 and I can well believe that they might be surprised by the level of complaints and vitriol coming their way.  If this thread/situation has shown me one thing, it's that "unplayable" clearly means something very different to different people. I'm glad I'm apparently in the more easily pleased group.

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

@robdood if we wanted to watch six Reddit videos we would go to Reddit.

I for one am grateful to robdood - I don’t want to go to Reddit and those clips are hilarious! I don’t think I’ve laughed so much at a videogame since Shenmue’s original English dub.

54 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Well as far as you possibly can go using stealth.

Bravo. :hat:

On the other hand, I...

Spoiler

...screwed up the very first stealth takedown, had to fall back to trusty old fisticuffs and then worked my way out with a succession of guns looted from dead security guards.  I finally did some hacking to get past the mech at the end when I realised I'd emptied all of my ammo into him and barely scratched his armour...

This was made slightly trickier as I managed to completely miss the gun in the penthouse... oh well.  Only found out about it when googling what the popup about iconic loot was all about :)  Doh!

On another note, this really is quite a good showcase for Stadia.  I've had a couple of bugs where you can't reload your gun (throw a grenade to fix), and one piece of dodgy AI in the heist, but it's been fine apart from that. Even the shooty-actiony bits are perfectly playable.

Edit - I actually captured the dodgy AI, but Stadia currently won't show me any captured videos... gah - just when it was doing so well!

I’m a pretty fussy gamer and won’t play sub 60fps games anymore but even I wonder what people with PS4s expected. Maybe I’m old but I remember my mate buying SFII for his Spectrum. We did not throw tantrums when it wasn’t as good as the SNES version, which also, we accepted wasn’t arcade perfect. 

I do understand people with 3090s complaining about things not working properly and they have a right to expect a certain level of performance, but on PS4 you’re getting the Master System version basically. 

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

I’m a pretty fussy gamer and won’t play sub 60fps games anymore but even I wonder what people with PS4s expected. Maybe I’m old but I remember my mate buying SFII for his Spectrum. We did not throw tantrums when it wasn’t as good as the SNES version, which also, we accepted wasn’t arcade perfect. 

I do understand people with 3090s complaining about things not working properly and they have a right to expect a certain level of performance, but on PS4 you’re getting the Master System version basically. 

It’s partially because CDPR deliberately withheld information about how bad the game ran. Sending out review copies of the PC version and no console version was fairly underhand behaviour. 

3 minutes ago, Pockets said:

That would be fine if the Master System version wasn't the 60% of the customer base paying for the whole thing.

4 hours ago, choddo said:

What’s going on with the shadow on that van? :lol:

Yeah, I thought that was a glitch initially, but if I remember correctly it wasn't insane shadows, it's an intentionally broken, glitching screen. Just a bit too convincing!

1 hour ago, Wahwah* said:

Other people look like they're made of shiny plastic. I'm not sure why that is, but it doesn't look like it's desirable.

Can't speak to the characters you're referencing, but there are definitely NPCs who're meant to look like they're made of shiny plastic, so in some cases at least that will actually be desirable! The bouncer at Lizzie's is an early example of that.

4 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I’m a pretty fussy gamer and won’t play sub 60fps games anymore but even I wonder what people with PS4s expected.

How about a product that functions?

You seem to think the PS4 crowd wants ray tracing, volumetic clouds and ultra detailed shadows.

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

People on forums like this surely expected the PS4 version would never match the videos CDPR were putting out. Would the average consumer though? What you and other apologists in this thread are doing is blaming consumers for a developer's deceitful practices. Literally right up until release CDPR were issuing takedowns on footage of PS4 and XB1 versions of the game. They only sent reviewers PC copies. In pre-release footage they showed next-gen footage and PS4 Pro/XB1X footage but not base console footage.

They knew exactly what they were doing every step of the way and now they're playing the 'we're going to work so hard to fix our shit version of a game that looks nothing like the material we put out and which runs at 15fps during gunfights on the XB1. Oops!' card to try and garner some sympathy.

16 minutes ago, df0 said:

Within 4 days after release they offer full refunds. They realised the poor state the PS4/Xbox One versions were in, released them anyway and now do this "look at us, working hard on updates to make the game function. Also, if you want a refund that's an option".

Agree and the fact they wouldn't let any footage out up to release day too. Inexcusable money grab IMHO. Sent massive warning signals out to me TBH. In fact the whole review embargo was a nonsense. 

If a company cannot send review code well in advance of a release and allow reviewers to publish out their findings that too is a warning sign for me TBH. Not touching any future game releases until the reviews are out. Unless they are on GamePass of course then I can have a look/see without actually spending any money on a particular game. 

5 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

It’s partially because CDPR deliberately withheld information about how bad the game ran. Sending out review copies of the PC version and no console version was fairly underhand behaviour. 

People preordering games is a problem. Don't do it. Definitely don't do it when you see the game's being released without any reviews on your platform of choice.

8 minutes ago, df0 said:

How about a product that functions?

You seem to think the PS4 crowd wants ray tracing, volumetic clouds and ultra detailed shadows.

I can't relate to this because the implication that the game doesn't function on ps4 seems rather hyperbolic to me.

Still though, it's interesting to see the rather large difference in what people will accept. How far into the game did you play on base ps4 and what were the main issues that made you think it's not just a cut down version with fairly decent ps4 graphics and some framerate issues in the open world driving sections (my opinion of the ps4 version)  but a nonfunctioning product?

9 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Can't speak to the characters you're referencing, but there are definitely NPCs who're meant to look like they're made of shiny plastic, so in some cases at least that will actually be desirable! The bouncer at Lizzie's is an early example of that.

I did wonder, I'll have to have another look.  Perhaps the expectation of problems has made me over cautious with regard to wondering what is a problem that will be fixed on software and what is a limitation of intended hardware.  I do have the feeling that this is a special release and I don't want to sort change myself.

1 minute ago, Down by Law said:

Eo4CFR8XcAAm5Af.jpg

Apparently 8 million was the preorder total so that's 3,280,000 console players 

and they’ll get a lot more money from PC players: particularly if they’ve bought from GOG rather than Steam or Epic.

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags