Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

46 minutes ago, Thor said:

I'm playing with a DS4. Whatever fuckhead thought the crouch button should double as the "skip dialogue" button needs to be fucking shot. I've accidentally skipped dialogue several times now. It's doing my fucking head in.

I had this earlier too. Really strange button mapping, I’m far more likely to want to come out of crouch during dialogue than I am to jump, so could I not have skip on the A button (I’m using an Xbox pad)? Daft as a brush. 

I am definitely enjoying this but it’s very much a patchwork of other people’s ideas so far. Very effective but I’m not seeing anything that makes it truly stand on its own. Still early days (an hour or two into act 2) so hopefully that’ll change. 

Struggling a lot with the UI and text size too, and I’m sitting about five feet from a 49” screen. I’ve barely used the hacking stuff because the scanner UI is so cluttered. I run around picking up items in (the pleasingly hectic) combat and have no idea whether I’ve actually grabbed any ammo until I cycle through my weapons trying to reload them. Stuff like that. 

It’s clearly a very good game that is very obviously missing the final round of obsessive polishing that a game like this desperately needs. It’s in the sort of state a Rockstar game would be 12 months before release. 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I'm playing with a DS4. Whatever fuckhead thought the crouch button should double as the "skip dialogue" button needs to be fucking shot. I've accidentally skipped dialogue several times now. It's doing my fucking head in.

I read there’s an option to change the skip dialogue command to a button hold which solves this problem. At work right now though so can’t check for sure.

I've tried playing with controller settings, but while they all affect the camera, they don't appear to affect the driving controls. They're an absolute abomination. I centre the stick but the car still acts like I'm turning, it's doing my head in. 

There is definite input lag. Click the left stick to beep the horn, at least a half a second delay. Click and hold the right stick to quickly look behind you, pretty much a whole second delay. It's a fucking joke, and it's ruining the traversal around Night City.

1 hour ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

What the FUCK is that shit?    sorry to sound rude

PC version on a basic setup looks way better!

On PS5/XSX we're just running the last gen version with no graphical enhancements apart from slightly better resolution and framerates.

EDIT:

I decided to press on with the biochip heist after getting to level 12 on the starting island doing sidequests, and boy the story is getting really good.

Nice little thing in the Afterlife bar, you can overhear a crew prepping a job on a bunker, and the next time you come back their job has gone wrong and one's bleeding out on the pool table.

I do like the Corpo start to the game - that really felt very Cyberpunk indeed :)

Nomad one was fun, but very different. 

Think I might have to try the third one and then cogitate for an age deciding which one to do when I start the game proper :P

16 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

On PS5/XSX we're just running the last gen version with no graphical enhancements apart from slightly better resolution and framerates.

EDIT:

I can tell you my PC experience with a 2080ti looked more like the image on the right than the left... 

33 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

EDIT:

Man it doesn't look anything like as bad as that on my series x. It looks genuinely good at points, if a little soft. 

The differences are weird. 

Edit: ah that guy has HDR on. Turn that shit off, it's broken and ruins the ambiance. 

from gogs facebook page -

"There's a new patch for Cyberpunk 2077 incoming! It weights 500MB, but implements changes to already existing files, meaning around 50GB of data has to be changed. That’s why GOG GALAXY needs roughly 60GB of free space for the patch to successfully update."

New hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible. Here is the list of changes:

Quests

Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.

Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.

Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.

Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in _Spellbound _and KOLD MIRAGE.

Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.

Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.

Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.

Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.

Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.

Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.

Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.

Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.

Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.

Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.

Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.

Other quest fixes

Gameplay

Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.

Visual

Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.

Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.

Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.

Performance & Stability

Improved stability, including various crash fixes.

Miscellaneous

Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.

Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.

PC-specific

Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

The driving may be shit, but the character models and faces are fucking spectacular. The receptionist at Clouds, fucking hell...

I really like a lot of the main characters. Dex was a great design.

I did have a funny bug earlier where at the end of the heist quest the last enemy was phasing in and out of existence. I killed him and then in the lift his corpse was all weird while Jackie was lying down on the floor at a fucked angle chatting away like nothing was wrong. I will upload a clip. 

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

The driving may be shit, but the character models and faces are fucking spectacular. The receptionist at Clouds, fucking hell...

That whole sequence was one of the most immersive gaming experiences I've ever had. 

And the end of it

Spoiler

Perfectly captures a comedown. It's amazing.

Anyone else having trouble with money? Most I've had is over 30k but I had to use that to 

Spoiler

pay off Rogue and even though it isn't necessary, pay the money you owe to Vik 

After that I'm stone broke. Didn't help that I lost my last grand trying to 

Spoiler

beat those 'twins' in the boxing match, the cheating arseholes :angry:

Still haven't had any serious bugs. My main issue is the driving with a M+K is bobbins. I hate having to use mouse to swing the camera around. Feels so unnatural. 

Is there some fundamental reason why the vast majority of games don’t let you change the buttons functions on controllers? It’s so bloody frustrating, and I can’t understand why it’s not a ‘thing’. 

Can somebody please explain Overheat or whatever it’s called. Quite possibly one of the worst ideas in the history of video games. As soon as combat starts I seem to just start dying. I can’t see how scanning works to identify the hacker, they all seem to be normal soldiers. 

It’s literally a game breaker for me. I spent a great hour with the game and then combat and stupid overheat.  Does it stop me firing my gun? Is it supposed to drain my health? 

12 minutes ago, sandman said:

Can somebody please explain Overheat or whatever it’s called. Quite possibly one of the worst ideas in the history of video games. As soon as combat starts I seem to just start dying. I can’t see how scanning works to identify the hacker, they all seem to be normal soldiers. 

It’s literally a game breaker for me. I spent a great hour with the game and then combat and stupid overheat.  Does it stop me firing my gun? Is it supposed to drain my health? 

It overheats your cyberware, yeah, so hurts you (or them, if you slot it into your hacking deck). There’s a perk that highlights the hacker through walls, usually they’re distant and looking through cameras, so shut those down.

27gb patch after the 45gb one yesterday is really taking the piss. Every time I'm starting to get on board with this something dumb will pull me right out of it. £36 from cex is mighty tempting, only worked out a £4 rental. 

There's no doubt theres lots to admire here but I got plenty else to play and think I'll be better off when the true PS5 upgrade comes out and compiles the inevitable onslaught of huge patches over the coming weeks.