Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags

My copy has arrived and I was sure I wouldn't be able to resist playing it on my Series X but actually I have no desire to. It's clearly not finished and at this point I'm going to hold off a few months until the bugs are fixed and the next-gen patches are out. I have so much else to play in the meantime anyway.

My copy has just turned up and popped in disc to install, Series X told me that it will be ready in 11 hours so took disc out and will install overnight.

Surprised there are two discs in the case, I assume that as long as you have an Internet connection you only need disc 1 to authorise the install.

What I was pleasantly surprised about was that when I put the AC Valhalla disc back in, the quick resume went straight back to where I was last night.

The HDR calibration tool could really use a contrast slider. The default shadow level is very lifted, which would be fine if they weren’t using hard black elsewhere on the loading screens, so in HDR your screen is constantly cutting back and forth between actual black and light grey. 

I tried fiddling with the tone mapping option but it just made the whole thing dark and muggy. Nice highlights, though.

8 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

Also nobody who played Morrowind on the OG Xbox is allowed to whinge about this runs on last-gen consoles.

Put hundreds of hours into that version. Had to save constantly as it would regularly throw up a dirty disc error which completely froze the game, requiring a reboot.

After getting my Xbox modified and installing the game to the HDD and thus playing ir without a disc, it would still throw up the dirty disc error just as often :facepalm:

Kids today have no idea

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

This is the best video I've found. Essentially it's fine if you don't mind a consistent 30fps and all the bugs. I think I'll wait for the next gen patch.

Wow

So it;s a next gen game without a next gen patch but only because it runs so bad on early last gen and is almost acceptable on late last gen but you need next gen to play late last gen in the best way possible.

Seriously though, this is a bit of worry for Microsoft’s vision of having a single platform though I expect the “next gen” patch will also benefit the Series S a lot.

Still if you have a base PS4 this isn’t good and a base Xbox, not acceptable.

22 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

My copy has just turned up and popped in disc to install, Series X told me that it will be ready in 11 hours so took disc out and will install overnight.

Surprised there are two discs in the case, I assume that as long as you have an Internet connection you only need disc 1 to authorise the install.

What I was pleasantly surprised about was that when I put the AC Valhalla disc back in, the quick resume went straight back to where I was last night.

Everytime you get into a car you have to swap discs...

10 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Put hundreds of hours into that version. Had to save constantly as it would regularly throw up a dirty disc error which completely froze the game, requiring a reboot.

After getting my Xbox modified and installing the game to the HDD and thus playing ir without a disc, it would still throw up the dirty disc error just as often :facepalm:

Kids today have no idea

On Series x it loads in about 5 seconds compared to the 2 minutes + on OG Xbox!

Ony had two graphical bugs so far the one in the spoiler below and an NPC with finger guns (guns missing from hands)

Spoiler

0CHyXM5.jpg

45 minutes ago, sofasurfer said:

That’s odd. I just installed my physical copy on the Series X and took about 45 mins including the day 1 patch. Disc 1, disc 2 and then back to disc 1.

Got my copy in GAME after trading W Dogs Legion which I completed. They gave me some exclusive postcards which I put straight onto ebay, sure someone will snap them up!

Won’t get a chance to play until this evening so in the meantime I am enjoying the additional contents of the physical copy - reading the world compendium and having a look at the map! Some stickers and postcards also thrown in. 

One of the reasons I went console in the end was that HDR is often fucked on PC games and it appears to be the case again with this. It didn't seem great on XSX either but I haven't seen much yet and even if it is dodgy, there's no faffing to be done by me. It will either be patched and look great or it won't.

I was really unsure if I'd made the right choice going console as it does seem PC (even mine) will look better for a while but in the long run, I'm happy. Convenient and quiet and no endless worrying about if there's something I could adjust.

26 minutes ago, Simmy said:

This happened to me last night as I was walking around minding my own business and I've honestly no idea if it's a bug or a glitch or is just some procedurally generated suicide :lol:

No spoilers here by the way - pretty early on.

Xbox Series X running performance mode

Hah! That's ace.

Played this on PS5 for a good few hours now and it’s great. It’s been stable so far, looks decent, albeit with some low res textures here and there, and only one or two little glitches up to now. I’m pleasantly surprised after expecting a hot mess of a game. Feels very much like a not yellow Deus Ex.

22 minutes ago, Pockets said:

One of the reasons I went console in the end was that HDR is often fucked on PC games and it appears to be the case again with this. It didn't seem great on XSX either but I haven't seen much yet and even if it is dodgy, there's no faffing to be done by me. It will either be patched and look great or it won't.

I was really unsure if I'd made the right choice going console as it does seem PC (even mine) will look better for a while but in the long run, I'm happy. Convenient and quiet and no endless worrying about if there's something I could adjust.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/44862107

Heads up for those who are starting Cyberpunk 2077

Based upon what I’ve seen here on Xbox - You might want to turn HDR off if you are wanting to have the best visual experience - there are problems (and it’s not really all that great)

Seems like it is generally fucked not just PC. HDR can work just fine on PC if the devs can implement it correctly. Assassins Creed Odyssey is the best HDR I've seen and that was on PC. @Lying Cat I'm waiting for a HDR patch

Ok had my first bug. Jumped on some trash bags to get over a wall and died instantly. 

Very enjoyable all round though, I went for a wander and was a bit dissapointed I didnt find much to do though. I did however discover that I cannot take on 4 star gangs yet. I tried multiple times but it seems 3 star gangs are my limit atm. But I am only level 2 so maybe thats to be expected :) 

Just now, Strategos said:

Ok had my first bug. Jumped on some trash bags to get over a wall and died instantly. 

Very enjoyable all round though, I went for a wander and was a bit dissapointed I didnt find much to do though. I did however discover that I cannot take on 4 star gangs yet. I tried multiple times but it seems 3 star gangs are my limit atm. But I am only level 2 so maybe thats to be expected :) 

Maybe you died because you're trash 

8 minutes ago, Uzi said:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/44862107

Seems like it is generally fucked not just PC. HDR can work just fine on PC if the devs can implement it correctly. Assassins Creed Odyssey is the best HDR I've seen and that was on PC. @Lying Cat I'm waiting for a HDR patch

Looking into this further as the PC version alllows PCsRGB HDR so it is technically better at this time but the black levels still appear fucked on an OLED.

26 minutes ago, Uzi said:

Looking into this further as the PC version alllows PCsRGB HDR so it is technically better at this time but the black levels still appear fucked on an OLED.

I think this may be a stylistic thing across the board. It’s exactly the same on the Xbox, super high shadows throughout with no way of adjusting them. It’s a bit odd for somewhere called ‘Night City’. 

1 hour ago, CarloOos said:

The HDR calibration tool could really use a contrast slider. The default shadow level is very lifted, which would be fine if they weren’t using hard black elsewhere on the loading screens, so in HDR your screen is constantly cutting back and forth between actual black and light grey. 

I tried fiddling with the tone mapping option but it just made the whole thing dark and muggy. Nice highlights, though.

Have you tried setting the black point to the darkest setting the calibration tool allows? That should just be 000 RGB and look good.

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Please use spoiler tags