Cyberpunk 2077 - Out on November 19th

2 hours ago, jonamok said:

I don’t even mind the dialogue or the reduced number of NPCs when shifting at speed (and I’m sure that will improve). 

It's not just when driving at speed - the on-foot stuff doesn't look anywhere near as dense as the video I posted earlier. That reminded me of Blade Runner, when Deckard is pressing through crowded streets just to get from A to B. The latest trailers feel like they have clusters of NPCs on street corners or in bars etc, rather than there being myriad people going about their everyday lives.

As I said this morning, I think it looks phenomenal - I just hope it feels like that also... an overpopulated, overwhelming, neon-drenched, next-gen spectacular.

No commercially available or soon to be available GFX card can do Control, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Metro Exodus at True 4K with RTX On either, and MechWarrior 5 is sub-60 too. Nvidia's PR about their RT advancements is pure spin based on cherry picked applications.

If by some miracle, CDPR's implementation of RT is both impressive and performant enough to actually let you play at a stable 60/4K, then I will be suitably impressed by their 'optimisation' skills.

32 minutes ago, mushashi said:

No commercially available or soon to be available GFX card can do Control, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Metro Exodus at True 4K with RTX On either, and MechWarrior 5 is sub-60 too. Nvidia's PR about their RT advancements is pure spin based on cherry picked applications.

If by some miracle, CDPR's implementation of RT is both impressive and performant enough to actually let you play at a stable 60/4K, then I will be suitably impressed by their 'optimisation' skills.

It probably won’t. The last main demo the press were treated to was apparently running at 1080p and then DLSS did the rest. 

Looked great though.

Going digital with this so I can share it with my daughter. Anyone pre-ordered a digital game from CDKeys before?

Do you get the code on day of release or earlier to preload?

28 minutes ago, Steven said:

Those look seriously good but reinforce why I don't want to play it on current gen hardware.

Every time I see anything talking about the next gen consoles it's always talking about 4k60fps as the goal in new games. That means all their extra power is really just being used to push more pixels that you'll probably barely notice most of the time. I would expect that loading times aside it's going to be pretty great whatever it's played on.

2 hours ago, mushashi said:

Min Spec is targeting 1080p/low preset

Rec Spec is targeting 1080p/high preset

No mention of whether that is at console target performance or something more tolerable to people who prefer to play their multiplats on PC for that reason.

True 4K with RT at a mere 60Hz could be most difficult to achieve if they've cranked up the RT, even Fortnite can't manage it with RT at 4K with reconstruction enabled currently.

I’m not sure anyone cares about true 4K/60/RT simply because reconstructed 4K diss quality mode looks better.

I suppose how much they care may change if AMD are hiding some magic, but as an Nvidia sponsored game it’d have to be some amazing magic.

1 hour ago, Benny said:

Every time I see anything talking about the next gen consoles it's always talking about 4k60fps as the goal in new games. That means all their extra power is really just being used to push more pixels that you'll probably barely notice most of the time. I would expect that loading times aside it's going to be pretty great whatever it's played on.

It's like RDR2, though. It was so beautiful until you got into a town and then the frame rate dropped. I found it really jarring to the point I bought a One X to play it at a solid 30fps in 4K. I can just see this being another case of that, so I can wait a while for them to spruce the next gen version up (providing it doesn't suck in the first place)

Definitely going to hold fire on this one until the full-fat PS5 patch is released sometime next year. Will probably determine when I pick up the console itself, actually.

You only get to experience a game like this for the first time once, so I want that experience to be as good as it possibly can be. The first time I step out onto the streets and see a dystopian vision of grimy high-rises framed in dazzling neon I want to have my face blown off as much as possible. For such a massive and dense game it's also bound to be absolutely riddled with bugs for the first few months too.

A little patience goes a long way and for me it'll be worth it in the long run.

With that said from everything I've seen of the game so far I think it's going to play out like an open-world Deus Ex more than anything. That sounds awesome to me but I have a feeling that some people are expecting it do things that it can't possibly do, considering it's having to run on vanilla PS4/Xbone. Those versions will probably be severely compromised graphically but they also bring with them inherent fundamental limitations to the game design and complexity of its interactions. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I’ve been thinking for the past three years that I’ll buy a new GPU if there’s one about when this comes out and there is, but due to money issues and the difficulty of getting one I think I’m going to stick with a perfectly acceptable 1080ti. 

It means I’ll probably play at 1440, though I’m not sure I can tell much difference from a few feet away. Unfortunately 1440 also means no HDR but that can be a pain on PC anyway. Should get high or ultra at 60 though and....

If it amazing then another play through will be all the more enticing once it’s got a tart patch on XSX. If it’s not, then it doesn’t matter does it?

2 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Eh? 

Two Xboxes, her's is designated my main console.

I buy games on my account.

She can download and play on her's, I can play on mine (internet connection needed).

2 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Eh? 

@Pug is going digital so he can share it with his daughter. Two Xboxes, his account on both. Similar to the PS4 sharing.

edit: Oh snap. :)

Pug, I preordered the PC version digitally. They'll just make the code available on release day I expect.

I know nothing about this game except the title. This thread seems to have been around for 8 years. “out on November 19th” applied to which year? I’m sure it had the same title on the forum 5 years ago.

So has this game ever actually been released? If not, then why is everyone super-hyped for something that nobody has played and has been stuck in development hell for the best part of a decade? 

Sorry if this is trolling, curiosity finally got the better of me as to why this game is always talked about but doesn’t actually exist as a product.

Thanks for that - honestly I had no knowledge of the Witcher 1, 2 or 3 either until that TV show came along, and I’ve never heard of that developer so I guess my gaming interests just don’t lead me towards them.

I’m still a bit puzzled though, as the Witcher 3 was fairly recent compared to this thread, so the hype must have pre-dated that game.

On 30/05/2012 at 18:44, RubberJohnny said:

Man, the world will be unrecognisable in 8 years.

Check out Nostradamus here 8 years ago and I'm not being sarcastic. He clearly knew something we didn't. *suspicious look*

7 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Thanks for that - honestly I had no knowledge of the Witcher 1, 2 or 3 either until that TV show came along, and I’ve never heard of that developer so I guess my gaming interests just don’t lead me towards them.

I’m still a bit puzzled though, as the Witcher 3 was fairly recent compared to this thread, so the hype must have pre-dated that game.

I think when they got the license in 2012 they'd started to make a real name for themselves with The Witcher 2 and the hype has only grown steadily since then as they've become one of the world's premier developers. 

Seems that full production started around 4 years ago once The Witcher 3 DLC was finished but they were consulting with Mike Pondsmith (the creator of the tabletop RPG on which it's based) as far back as 2012 and the first cinematic concept trailer was released in 2013, so they've been working on it in some capacity for a very long time indeed.

Looking at the first page, 2012 Gerbik nails the explanation for all this hype:

On 30/05/2012 at 11:22, Mr. Gerbik said:

Also, I forgot to sum up my feelings in regards to this announcement in a simple equation in my earlier post:

Witcher + Shadowrun = FAP :wub:

Well said, 2012 Gerbik! Also funny seeing us discuss the possibility of a console release depending on the sales of Witcher 2 on 360. Simpler times. Been waiting for this for 8 years, CD Projekt makes RPGs that I always adore and I love this setting. So yeah, for me it's probably going to be the best thing ever.

4 hours ago, Darwock said:

Do you not actually play games despite frequenting a games forum? How can you not know about Witcher 3? It's only one of the most famous and highly regarded games of all time! There's plenty of game genres I'm not interested in but I know of the ones people like the most, or are most highly regarded. This would be like me wandering into a forum dedicated to football and saying "ooh, Liverpool? Never heard of them. Why's everyone so excited about them, then?"

Have you just emerged from a cave, or something? cus if so then buddy, you're gonna be shocked about what's going on in the world. 

I kinda envy him because he has probably never visited a game site for the last ten years. That must warranty some kind of respect. He has probably never visited any game stores, physical or digital, youtube, gaming social media or saw any gaming ads anywhere. 

Based on my superior Sherlock skills, I'd say he only plays on mobile based on the ads he clicks during cooking shows.

I don’t usually read any topics that I’m not already somewhat invested in, so I can be aware of just the title of a game from seeing a thread and assume it’s some PC master race or Xbox exclusive or something. I didn’t know about Horizon Zero Dawn until last year either.