Cyberpunk 2077 - Out on November 19th

41 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I don’t see why it would need to be a whole year, the PC version already has all the next gen features and is out at launch. 

Then so should the next gen console versions if it's that simple.

50 minutes ago, gospvg said:

I think it will be winter 2021, yeah I don't think I could wait that long. I am weak & will probably get it on release so I can play something on the PS5.

For me, that lack of a proper next-gen versions of Cyberpunk is the biggest downer of these new console launches.

13 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

It's never "that simple". For the consoles they'll need to precisely tune the settings to ensure the game runs well throughout. Maybe they'll be able to optimise there as well because of the fixed hardware (the 3 flavours Xbox S|X and PS5) where as in PC it's the user who tunes their experience (pick some starting settings and if you want higher framerate turn things down).

15 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

I didn’t say it was that simple, obviously they all require some effort to get them running, but I doubt it will take a year considering the features are already defined and implemented on PC.

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

Tempted to wait for those next gen re-releases which will most likely include any DLC released.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

I don’t see why it would need to be a whole year, the PC version already has all the next gen features and is out at launch. 

37 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

20 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I didn’t say it was that simple, obviously they all require some effort to get them running, but I doubt it will take a year considering the features are already defined and implemented on PC.

Like you all agree on it's not that simple. CD Projekt is most likely hard at work getting the PC and current gen versions out. A native next gen version with all the nice advanced shinies from the PC version is not a matter of pushing a button and done. So they will at least release a patch at launch to improve performance when playing the current gen versions on next gen consoles, but a proper patch with next gen features will come later.

HOWEVER - @gospvg is talking about an inevitable goty style release which will most likely appear on next gen consoles at some point. Which will also include all the DLC. But of course you could be waiting for a year or two on that.

The proper next gen patch will probably appear in a few months. And knowing CD Projekt could include extra shinies and improvements not present in the release day PC version.

CDPR are really quick at patching games just look at the work they done on Witcher 3 after launch, It is probably wise to wait a few months to ensure all the major bugs are fixed before playing anyway. I will wait till the PS5 patch has been released before buying the game. @Mr. Gerbik was correct I was talking about a game of the year edition with DLC but I can't wait that long till 2022 for that!

50 minutes ago, Pob said:

For me, that lack of a proper next-gen versions of Cyberpunk is the biggest downer of these new console launches.

I agree with this we have all the Ubisoft crap getting PS5 releases but not Cyberpunk. Come on CDPR be quick on those next gen patches.

1 minute ago, gospvg said:

CDPR are really quick at patching games just look at the work they done on Witcher 3 after launch, It is probably wise to wait a few months to ensure all the major bugs are fixed before playing anyway. I will wait till the PS5 patch has been released before buying the game. @Mr. Gerbik was correct I was talking about a game of the year edition with DLC but I can't wait that long till 2022 for that!

I'm just thinking back to the generous (and brilliant) expansions for The Witcher 3. They weren't just the usual weedy DLC you often see nowadays, they were honest to God proper expansions. Games in their own right arguably. Assuming they do the same for Cyberpunk, I can't imagine that all of that content is out and done in a year, with a cheaper GotY collection out by December 2021. I'd much sooner expect December 2022 tbh.

40 minutes ago, gospvg said:

I agree with this we have all the Ubisoft crap getting PS5 releases but not Cyberpunk. Come on CDPR be quick on those next gen patches.

That's because you know CDPR are doing it properly and not a quick, half arsed rush job like ubisoft will definitely do. 

10 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

That's because you know CDPR are doing it properly and not a quick, half arsed rush job like ubisoft will definitely do. 

They can take their time, release it when it is ready. I'll be getting Gran Turismo and maybe Ratchet/Clank for PS5 on release.

5 hours ago, thesnwmn said:

Delay time! They’ve carefully picked the day Mario 3D All Stars is released so we won’t notice.

I read that CD PR said on a very recent investor call that the game is close to being sent out for final certification and do not expect any further delays.  Let's hope they are right!

Here's a dilemma for you - 

What would you do it you have a decent PC that can play this better than current gen consoles (but not a 3080 4k60 RTX job) and it's then announced that MS have done a deal and the game will be out first on Xbox Series X on 10th Nov (and you're getting a Series X)?

Do you:

Wait and play it on PC where it will (presumably) look and run better for you (high settings 1440p 60fps)

Play it 9 days early on Xbox and know that eventually your version will get updated to possibly better than your PC could do? (but when?)

What if it was on gamepass....?

26 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Here's a dilemma for you - 

What would you do it you have a decent PC that can play this better than current gen consoles (but not a 3080 4k60 RTX job) and it's then announced that MS have done a deal and the game will be out first on Xbox Series X on 10th Nov (and you're getting a Series X)?

Do you:

Wait and play it on PC where it will (presumably) look and run better for you (high settings 1440p 60fps)

Play it 9 days early on Xbox and know that eventually your version will get updated to possibly better than your PC could do? (but when?)

What if it was on gamepass....?

It's definitely not going to be on game pass anytime soon, but yeah those 9 days early on Xbox rumour is often mentioned lately. Since they're a PC developer first and foremost, I suspect that IF the rumour were true that at the PC version would also come out a bit earlier. 

If you don't want to wait a few months for omg shinies and your PC can run it right now with all bells and whistles, go for the pc dude. Why wait?

God it looks so good! How have they put so much.. Stuff in there? I mean, it (superficially) seems like it's orders of magnitude denser than Witcher 3... How on earth? 

Loving the janky TV stations. 

What do you think the chances are the XSX has a 60fps option next year?

I know they have an updated version on launch but I doubt it's going to be 60fps. 

• Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Out on November 19th