Jump to content

Cyberpunk 2077 - Out on November 19th


Recommended Posts

If there's any developer I wouldn't worry about, it's CD Projekt RED. I'm sure they would patch all dem fancy next-gen features into the PC version later (although I would sooner imagine that the PC version has those features already and the next-gen consoles are able to incorporate them too, while the PS4 and the XB1 cannot) going by precedent of everything they've released so far :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Thor said:

Likely with a heavy preference for the MS console. CDPR's support for the PS4 version of W3 is pretty laughable. 

 

Why? The only thing that is sticking out is the bad HDR implementation, and that's almost three years after release. And isn't that already patched or in the works? I am not sure you can argue that PS4 support has been laughable. 

 

I am much more disappointed about the lack of HDR implementation on the PC, but I don't really blame them knowing what a shitfest this has been for the "master race". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

 

 

 

I am much more disappointed about the lack of HDR implementation on the PC, but I don't really blame them knowing what a shitfest this has been for the "master race". 

 

I've still yet to see HDR work in real-life, so thankfully I remain ignorant of the charms :p

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Talk Show Host said:

Why? The only thing that is sticking out is the bad HDR implementation, and that's almost three years after release. And isn't that already patched or in the works? I am not sure you can argue that PS4 support has been laughable. 

There's that, and the fact HDR came to PS4 only as an afterthought, it was actually up in the air whether CDPR were going to do it at all. Apparently it's fine on XB1. Also, their first HDR patch messed badly with the performance, and their fix for it actually resulted in improved HDR for the most part ... except for this:

 

Spoiler

 

 

They're not going to patch it. They've said no more patches are coming. And there's no option in game to turn off HDR. So when playing the game on PS4, you have to turn off HDR in the game's settings. CDPR don't care about the PS4, they're pnly making it on multiple consoles because of the sales. 

 

Furthermore, given how advanced Cyberpunk is sounding, I'm expecting a marked differential between the XB1X and PS4 Pro versions of this game. I can't speak for the next gen of consoles because we have no idea on specs yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough, it looks like HDR is something of a mess, but it's hyperbole that they haven't given the the PS4 decent support. They got performance on the PS4 running extremely well, they supported 4K on the Pro, they've issued multiple patches for each. When people objected to their first go at HDR they had another pass. For years after release with no extra money coming in for it. If anything, they've gone above and beyond.

 

I mean, you say HDR was an "afterthought" but it literally didn't exist as a feature on consoles until more than 2 years post-release. What else could it be? They were principally a PC developer going into this. To my mind, they've done an excellent job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2018 at 22:59, deerokus said:

I get it very easily in VR games. Not in normal games though. 

 

I would imagine there will at least be a third person mod for the PC version 

 

Yeah I have no problem with FPS BUT I played Doom VR at the weekend and after two minutes was fit to hurl.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thor said:

Yeah, I suppose my comment of their PS4 support being laughable is hyperbolic. But it's pretty clear which platform CDPR favours. 

 

The Nintendo Switch

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thor said:

Yeah, I suppose my comment of their PS4 support being laughable is hyperbolic. But it's pretty clear which platform CDPR favours. 

 

I think it's fair to say that they have shown a slight preference given their appearances on Microsoft E3 shows and the release of the Witcher 2 on the 360. Probably they have a better understanding with Microsoft because they are both PC companies at heart. I wouldn't go as far as to say that they favour Microsoft over Sony, which would be commercial suicide any way. All three versions have been supported all the way through.

 

I am wondering if the PC HDR fuck up will be fixed now. Cyberpunk 2077 will be a huge deal for PC gaming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thor said:

Likely with a heavy preference for the MS console. CDPR's support for the PS4 version of W3 is pretty laughable. 

 

As a PS4 player I've found the free extras and Pro update to be pretty great, particularly compared to other games that milk their audience for every last outfit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/06/2018 at 22:04, Sane said:

I never realized this was such a widespread problem. I would feel extremely frustrated if I wouldn't be able to play this amazing game! Hopefully there will be a 3rd person mode.

 

Simulator Sickness is potentially very widespread, the US military found that almost 50% of trainees had some degree of problems in flight simulators many years ago, and games have similarities to them. Much like VR, it seems women do suffer quite a lot more than men from the problem. It's a known problem and has been talked about for years, First Person viewpoints do trigger it much more than alternative viewpoints, I think camera speed has a lot to do with it too, but as this game has already resulted in the problem, then I'd imagine it will be problematic for some people. A few articles on the subject for those interested in getting a better understanding of it, and none of them are Japanese people either:

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/dec/19/video-games-makes-me-sick

 

https://femhype.com/2015/06/24/6-ways-to-deal-with-simulation-sickness-while-gaming/
 

http://topshelfgaming.net/games-for-people-with-motion-sickness/

 

 

 

 

The specs for the dev kit that this was demoed on were released, no mention of the performance of the realtime demo, but if it wasn't targeting 60fps or higher, oh dear :P

 

GTX 1080Ti

Intel i7-8700K

 

So assuming it was 4K/30fps on that, the DeepDowngrade is going to make the Witcher 3 downgrade look mild by comparison. This gen's Far Cry 3.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

Wow, why not give it a mark as well? :P

 

9.5/10 good enough for you ;) I'll knock off 0.5 points for the more comic book artstyle compared to the teaser. I think that is what is off with it, and what caused some of the backlash, it's more Judge Dredd than people were led to believe from that initial reveal, nothing to do with it not being set at night, as even the brief night-time snippets had a different look and feel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mushashi said:

 

9.5/10 good enough for you ;) I'll knock off 0.5 points for the more comic book artstyle compared to the teaser. I think that is what is off with it, and what caused some of the backlash, it's more Judge Dredd than people were led to believe from that initial reveal, nothing to do with it not being set at night, as even the brief night-time snippets had a different look and feel.

 

Nothing is off with it, except those shitty haircuts. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Talk Show Host said:

 

I think it's fair to say that they have shown a slight preference given their appearances on Microsoft E3 shows and the release of the Witcher 2 on the 360. Probably they have a better understanding with Microsoft because they are both PC companies at heart. I wouldn't go as far as to say that they favour Microsoft over Sony, which would be commercial suicide any way. All three versions have been supported all the way through.

 

I am wondering if the PC HDR fuck up will be fixed now. Cyberpunk 2077 will be a huge deal for PC gaming.

HDR looks to be Nvidia’s next big push. After the effort they put into making gsync work from the get go. I’d expect them to drag PC HDR kicking and screaming into something viable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

HDR looks to be Nvidia’s next big push. After the effort they put into making gsync work from the get go. I’d expect them to drag PC HDR kicking and screaming into something viable. 

 

I really hope so. I think only AC Origins from the last batch of PC releases did a good job with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mushashi said:

GTX 1080Ti

Intel i7-8700K

 

So assuming it was 4K/30fps on that, the DeepDowngrade is going to make the Witcher 3 downgrade look mild by comparison. This gen's Far Cry 3.

 

Nah man, we're talking about a game that is still a few years away. That's current high-end pc tech, but it's not Layte levels of 1337 master race ridiculousness. It won't be high-end anymore in 2020/21, so I'm fairly optimistic that if it currently looks like that on that kind of tech , with years of optimization and development to go, that it will be fine on next-gen consoles and pc.

The current-gen versions will probably be the low settings versions but eh who cares :p 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

 

I really hope so. I think only AC Origins from the last batch of PC releases did a good job with it. 

 

Far Cry 5 seemed decent.  I remember going through hoops trying to get HDR working with Mass Affect Andromeda; but it was easy with AC: Origins and Far Cry 5.  Hopefully the tide has turned now and more games will have decent support.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, davejm said:

 

Far Cry 5 seemed decent.  I remember going through hoops trying to get HDR working with Mass Affect Andromeda; but it was easy with AC: Origins and Far Cry 5.  Hopefully the tide has turned now and more games will have decent support.

 

Crazy thing with Andromeda is that it supports Dolby Vision with no problems on PC if you have the TV. And it looks really, really good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Vemsie changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Out on November 19th

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.